Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speculation for the reason that police didn't release a photo of the suspected perp is that they knew who they were looking for. It would not surprise me if fingerprints and/or blood (DNA) matching his was found in Aniah's SUV.

LE probably felt that this guy had a network of people who would hide him. Also, from his arrest record that I have seen, he appears to move from state to state pretty easily. Police probably thought that there was a better chance of catching him in the area if they didn't release his photo.

He has quite a rap sheet. I am shocked that he wasn't in prison for years because of it. I wonder if he is a paid informant. Why else would he be allowed to walk the streets with so many drug-related, robbery, attempted murder, kidnapping type charges that have been brought against him throughout the years.
BBM

Kind of reminds me of Odell Hallmon from the In The Dark podcast about Curtis Flowers. Everyone knew that Odell Hallmon was a career criminal and was dangerous, but he repeatedly cut unbelievable deals and avoided long-term confinement. He testified in a very high profile case that resulted in a win for the DA's office (testimony that he later admitted was fabricated), and after that was able to have seven (7) felony charges over the course of 15 years all but disappear. He was repeatedly let back out on the street until he finally murdered his ex-girlfriend and her mother, and tried to kill his own son. IMO, the system is absolutely broken.

Curtis Flowers' prosecution witness says testimony was all 'make believe'

My speculation for the reason that police didn't release a photo of the suspected perp is that they knew who they were looking for. It would not surprise me if fingerprints and/or blood (DNA) matching his was found in Aniah's SUV.

LE probably felt that this guy had a network of people who would hide him. Also, from his arrest record that I have seen, he appears to move from state to state pretty easily. Police probably thought that there was a better chance of catching him in the area if they didn't release his photo.

He has quite a rap sheet. I am shocked that he wasn't in prison for years because of it. I wonder if he is a paid informant. Why else would he be allowed to walk the streets with so many drug-related, robbery, attempted murder, kidnapping type charges that have been brought against him throughout the years.

I wonder too how with his rap sheet of violence, he's posting bond and out like a rabid dog. When you think about, this guy was facing attempted murder charges, so he had absolutely nothing to lose. Wouldn't he have had some kind of probation officer that required checking in, drug testing, any of that? I'm seriously dumbfounded that a guy who probably knows he's going away for a long time, has been given freedom before the trial, and doesn't have some kind of monitoring at the very least.

Can we get a round of applause for the person who called in the tip in Florida as to his whereabouts?!
I feel perplexed on this... likely whoever tipped is not a hugely upstanding citizen. I’m thankful they tipped, if that’s what happened, but hope to God they’ll do the right thing with the money they receive. (Side note.... if someone receives a huge amount of the reward, I think it could put them in a dangerous position if they are in the same
circles as this perp.)
Edited... sorry my quoted content wasn’t loading right.

It will be interesting to know what his “business” was and how much money passed through his hands.

I too, like most of us, would have huge wads if I didn’t believe in banks! (Insert laughing emoji)

I agree with you, but I just can't imagine she seemed like a good robbery target for him. The 77 year old he almost killed had guns & a Rolex. Aniah didn't even have a purse. On the other hand robbery still seems more likely than trafficking.
With 11 agency's involved in this case, I think they at least suspected sex trafficking, in the beginning. Just my opinion.

Seriously, I hadn’t t thought of that. Probation and drug testing? Does that happen before trial? I don’t think so unless a bondsman does?

was he supposed to stay in state? Can we add crossing state lines to the list as well?
I wonder too how with his rap sheet of violence, he's posting bond and out like a rabid dog. When you think about, this guy was facing attempted murder charges, so he had absolutely nothing to lose. Wouldn't he have had some kind of probation officer that required checking in, drug testing, any of that? I'm seriously dumbfounded that a guy who probably knows he's going away for a long time, has been given freedom before the trial, and doesn't have some kind of monitoring at the very least.

ETA: I hope some local investigative reporter latches on to this and investigates what happened with the system, what needs changed, and more. So much goes back to child protective services in my mind as well. We have to start changing these kids mentalities while young. You will never make me believe the kids living with people in these circles are “safe”.

I don't have a problem with the black eye. I'm sure that it was a tough situation for LE, and especially with dogs involved he's lucky to only have that injury. I think the reference to police not being the ones to beat this guy up refers more to the many posts advocating violence against him. As unpalatable as it may be, he does have rights (many of them), and for police to intentionally inflict injury because of what he (allegedly) has done would be entirely inappropriate. Not saying that's what you were supporting, just saying I think that's more what that post was talking about.
I was really hoping Aniah gave him that eye injury.

In 2012, he was accused of ramming his vehicle into a Montgomery police car at a Chevron station and charged with two counts of attempted murder of a police officer. He was fleeing from the two Montgomery officers at the time and plowed into the squad car "as the officers exited their vehicle in an attempt to kill the officers," a court affidavit states.

In a letter to the judge handling that case, Yazeed's mother said "he felt afraid and didn't know how to handle or control the vehicle due to so many fired gunshots towards the vehicle."

Yazeed spent months in the county jail before a grand jury determined there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

In her letter, his mother wrote that "I believe he is suffering some type of mental disorder." She said her son had suffered a very bad head injury as a child, and that he didn't always use good judgment. She also asked that his juvenile records be kept sealed.

Yazeed also wrote to court officials from the county jail, pleading for his release and saying it would alleviate jail overcrowding and "and save taxpayers a lot of money."

Suspect arrested in kidnapping of UFC fighter's stepdaughter

Last edited:
I have no idea why we are wasting our time talking about a black eye on this guy!!! Who cares ! His history alone is a risk to LE and if he is running and hiding from them and putting up a fight then good I wish they made the other eye match! I woke up this morning, saw the news of his arrest and wondered if Walt had gotten to him before the police. This guy is a mince to society. I noticed on one of his Facebook pages most of his friends that were women had a lot of lingerie pics and *advertiser censored* video ads. Basically all posts were referencing either sex, drugs, or violence. The loser can stay in jail... he definitely won’t be missed by me.
I heard they supermanned him too

Lol. No, they are not considered weapons. It’s 2019, dang near 2020, and people still perpetuate this?

- been in mma since it was NHB
It was not my point to perpetuate something. And I did check before posting and found varying opinions on it...not having to register hands is one thing, but being responsible about it another, as is having it taken into conservation.

In any case, it's not the focus of this thread and certainly not a viable idea for the stepfather to beat up the potential suspect.

Please pray for her family. I don't think it will be long now. I pray she if found alive, but I fell he murdered her.:(:mad: I do not understand why this less than human was allowed to walk the streets with descent people . The legal. system failed. I am angrey that this young lady had to go through Good knows what because people in authority did not do thier job.

Not that it matters...because when you run from the police when you are a known criminal the police will use whatever force necessary to apprehend you....so it’s a non-issue. BUT if you look at his mugshot you can see two puncture wounds. The US Marshall released a statement saying that K9’s were used to help catch. My guess is the dog bit his face on his eye. Those dogs are heroes too!

In 2012, he was accused of ramming his vehicle into a Montgomery police car at a Chevron station and charged with two counts of attempted murder of a police officer. He was fleeing from the two Montgomery officers at the time and plowed into the squad car "as the officers exited their vehicle in an attempt to kill the officers," a court affidavit states.

In a letter to the judge handling that case, Yazeed's mother said "he felt afraid and didn't know how to handle or control the vehicle due to so many fired gunshots towards the vehicle."

Yazeed spent months in the county jail before a grand jury determined there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

In her letter, his mother wrote that "I believe he is suffering some type of mental disorder." She said her son had suffered a very bad head injury as a child, and that he didn't always use good judgment. She also asked that his juvenile records be kept sealed.

Yazeed also wrote to court officials from the county jail, pleading for his release and saying it would alleviate jail overcrowding and "and save taxpayers a lot of money."

So would shooting him. Save a lot of money. Housing,clothing,feeding,legal fees. So sorry they did not kill him.

This news, when shared with Aniah’s parents who sat down with NBC News Thursday, struck a chord, especially with her stepfather Walt Harris.

“To say the least, it’s upsetting. That you have a rap sheet as long as what I’ve been told and you’re walking around free. It’s confusing how a person that bad and that evil can be amongst us,” Walt Harris said.

Snip

“There’s a sense of rage, there’s a sense of anger that flows through you just thinking that that could be the person,” said Walt Harris.

More at link:

’It still seems like a dream’: Blanchard’s parents speak on new developments in case
God Bless Them

It was not my point to perpetuate something. And I did check before posting and found varying opinions on it...not having to register hands is one thing, but being responsible about it another, as is having it taken into conservation.

In any case, it's not the focus of this thread and certainly not a viable idea for the stepfather to beat up the potential suspect.
I'm pretty sure that if you beat someone up with your bare hands and that person ends up dying because of said beat up, the hands could be considered the weapons. Pro fighter or not.

I always wonder how someone becomes like that, born that way, product of his environment?

I had a close family member who always got himself in trouble nothing serious petty theft and drug use, after a couple times. His mother stopped bailing him out, told him he should sit there and think about what he has done. He came from a good family too. She stopped making excuses for him. Yazeed had so many chances to turn his life around some other guy would be in prison for life already. Looks like he had lots of enablers.

Okay but I still don't understand why when they put out his picture they said they need help in identifying him, was it just a strategy?
Still speculating here. The police could have unsuccessfully looked for him. So, as a strategy, while watching his girlfriend and some other known associates, they could have released his photo, pretending not to know his identity to see if this would cause movement from his girlfriend or get him to come out of hiding to run.

They probably figured that it would be more likely for the perp to perhaps more openly run as soon as the photo was released to the public IF he and others felt that he was not yet known to police.

While I understand your sentiments, keep in mind her stepfather does not need to be in trouble with the law over this. Being a professional fighter, his hands are considered weapons. JMO
JMO as a mom and no training as far as a professional fighter, I'd like to have a moment alone with the SOB. I wouldn't give a rats A$$ if I was sent to jail or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure with his record and was out on bail, I'd make mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member