Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

2. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Sorry I was going to go back and do those tweets today but got swamped.

Flicka1, Van Helsing, d4j and 2 others like this.
  3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

no worries it's a team approach for Aniah!!!

4. longliveourangels

longliveourangels Active Member

It makes me sad that AB probably depended on a Good Samaritan seeing what happened and would do the right thing & it saddens me that no one did ...

5. Underneath the Sky

Underneath the Sky Well-Known Member

Aniah Blanchard update: Ibraheem Yazeed case heading to grand jury; bond denied [article from editor-in-chief of Auburn Univ. student newspaper]

"Mixon then said that Yazeed canvassed the parking lot and walked out toward Blanchard’s car."

"The witness said that the man minimally knew Yazeed because Yazeed frequented the Chevron in Auburn; employees at the Chevron also said Yazeed was frequently at the store, according to Mixon.
    Mixon said the man told his partner what he had seen and that his partner told him to 'stay out of it.'"

"Mixon went on to explain that officials attempted to interview every person in the Chevron surveillance footage."

6. jgarris

jgarris Well-Known Member

Surely the police have thoroughly checked the cameras from the hotel, right? Just in case she was taken back there.... There's what, an hour gap between the kidnapping and when the car is again seen headed to the interstate?

Ugh...this sucks, because I think we all know the writing on the wall, it's just putting 2 and 2 together.

7. Van Helsing

Van Helsing Well-Known Member

I wonder if LE has tried to estimate for far he car was driven after 10/23. If she had an oil change or other service recently there might be a record of the odometer reading. If the service was fairly recent they might be able to estimate the odometer reading as of 10/23. From interviews with friends and family they should be able to estimate her daily driving distance and known longer trips such as the funeral. Just a thought to narrow down the search area.

8. peppertheyorkiepoo

peppertheyorkiepoo Well-Known Member

Not sure how much you can see with all the trees. (If I am looking in the right place :rolleyes:) I hope this man is creditable :oops:. Waiting is the hardest part. I hope her families can stay strong. I pray she is found before his next court date.

9. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

The witness said that the man minimally knew Yazeed because Yazeed frequented the Chevron in Auburn; employees at the Chevron also said Yazeed was frequently at the store, according to Mixon.

Mixon said the man told his partner what he had seen and that his partner told him to “stay out of it.”

The witness’s partner had suffered a miscarriage earlier this year, and when he eventually told officials what happened, he felt remorse, according to Mixon.

Beaver questioned the witness’s criminal history, and Mixon said he only saw a few misdemeanors in his record but did not specify what those were.
    Aniah Blanchard update: Ibraheem Yazeed case heading to grand jury; bond denied

Maybe the witness is an employee of the Clarion?

10. Underneath the Sky

According to the testimony reported, the witness saw what he saw at the gas station, not from the hotel.

Flicka1, mjp1228, d4j and 3 others like this.
  11. Gussified

Gussified Well-Known Member

Some articles say wife, some say partner, some say the woman he was with. Hard to tell which is right.

12. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

The gag order imposed on the case by Bush now has a hearing date on Dec. 4, to consider arguments.

In court, Beaver objected to the appearance of Blanchard's mother Angela Harris and stepfather Walt Harris on Dr. Phil because the appearance could hurt Yazeed's chances of a fair trial. He added that the parents could potentially taint every juror in Alabama.

Hughes said that the family is trying to find their “little girl,." He said anyone they speak to is in their interest.
    Aniah Blanchard update: Ibraheem Yazeed case heading to grand jury; bond denied

Flicka1, jash, tabitha111 and 4 others like this.
  13. Underneath the Sky

Something's not adding up here. How frequent is frequent, that you would randomly (or not?) run into the same stranger more than once at a convenience store? Why was he "frequently at the store," I wonder?

14. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Flicka1, Minou, Niner and 6 others like this.
  15. peppertheyorkiepoo

peppertheyorkiepoo Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying. I misunderstood.

16. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Well, he could also be a vendor who stocks the store in the evenings. Potato chips, beer, soft drinks, although I would think that would be done during the day.
    Could also be the Owner, or Manager of the store.

Flicka1, cedgison, dotr and 2 others like this.
  17. amrapk

amrapk Member

This is what I’m thinking too. Maybe...the witness works at Clarion and there are some illegal activities going on, similar to the article below (about some hotels in Atlanta) or maybe involving drugs. IY frequents the hotel for his “business.” The witness/hotel employee is familiar with IY and the activities going on. The witness visits the Chevron during his breaks and has seen IY there also. When he witnesses the kidnapping, he goes back and tells someone he is working with or calls his wife/gf. Because of the activities going on in the hotel and/or knowing the type of person he would be reporting, he is told to stay out of it??? Just speculating...

Four Atlanta hotels named in federal sex trafficking lawsuit

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  18. Crimechick27

Crimechick27 Well-Known Member

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”- Edmund Burke

19. mjp1228

mjp1228 Well-Known Member

Maybe her brother noticed it on the drive back from the funeral?

Flicka1, Van Helsing, dotr and 3 others like this.
  20. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Flicka1, amrapk and Subiechik21 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.