Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

Another thing that occurred to me after visiting the station yesterday is that it would be very risky for him to take Aniah to the hotel. I didn't think he could do so without being seen, especially if Aniah was putting up resistance. But, now that we know he had a gun, I guess he could have kept her compliant for a while.

I have felt like she (AB) caused him to crash the vehicle by grabbing the steering wheel since the beginning, this made IY angry, they fought and then he killed her. MOO I’m sure this was his intention all along. Anyway, no mention of or added charge of sexual assault so hopefully she didn’t have to suffer that as well. My God continue to bless and comfort this family.

I hope they have enough evidence for a conviction. It always worries me when they go for the death penalty.
Just from the atmosphere here, I don’t think they’re leaving any stone unturned MOO. He was right, this has rocked our world. Most females I know, who before felt relatively safe to go anywhere, will barely leave their house at night. IMO I believe they know they have to get him bc crime from Montgomery has been steadily coming up here, and they want to set an example of what will happen to someone that tries to do that. Long story short, I believe that they know that they can’t get cute with any of this & they HAVE to have their ducks in a row to prove IY guilty. This is JMO from how I feel being in Auburn.

Died of a gun shot wound. I need a lawyer to step in. What is the difference in Capitol murder and felony murder? Difference in punishment?

Capitol murder just means that the judge (not the jury in Alabama) can impose the death penalty. Alabama has almost 20 different classifications or "types of" murder that allow for the death penalty. "Felony murder" is not a term that would be used in Alabama. In Alabama, one can be charged with capital murder (and potentially receive a death penalty) if the murder occurred during the act of another crime... such as murder during kidnapping, murder during an armed robbery, or murder during a sexual assault. So, basically, the law allows for a death penalty sentence for murder even if murder was not the original intent of the murderer.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not an attorney, but I do work with crime victims.

This article is from the JB Beasley & Tracie Hawlett case, however, a few paragraphs down it talks about how he was charged with 5 counts of capital murder with only two deaths. Wouldn’t this same situation apply here? If so, IY could be indicted with at least two counts for the murder & kidnapping?
Charges provide insight into the night murdered teens disappeared

Why didnt they find a bullet in the car? Guess there was no exit wound?

I was shocked that media was allowed so near Aniah's car when it was found; entire lot ought to have been roped off.
LE may not have known whether a bullet was still within her vehicle, yet surely they put 1 and 1 together on first glance. Inside was a grim scene fraught with implications, all of which weighed on the search's need to be tight lipped and quick about bringing those responsible, into custody.

We bystanders don't know where shells may have fallen and left behind to further confirm event of the previous 24 hours. Where gunpowder residue further confirmed suspicions. It is still early on, this is a truly horrible case in every sense of the word.

I’m leaning towards the shooting not having occurred in her car. Aniah’s car was located on Friday 10/25 and yet they did not announce they believed she was a victim of foul play until Thursday 10/31. At that time they only believed she had been harmed. I think if there was gun powder evidence or bullet fragments in the vehicle the case would have moved from missing to homicide much more quickly. JMO but other than the blood and male dna profile I don’t think the vehicle had evidence of a shooting.

Police: Evidence from vehicle shows Aniah Blanchard was harmed

I’m leaning towards the shooting not having occurred in her car. Aniah’s car was located on Friday 10/25 and yet they did not announce they believed she was a victim of foul play until Thursday 10/31. At that time they only believed she had been harmed. I think if there was gun powder evidence or bullet fragments in the vehicle the case would have moved from missing to homicide much more quickly. JMO but other than the blood and male dna profile I don’t think the vehicle had evidence of a shooting.

Police: Evidence from vehicle shows Aniah Blanchard was harmed

Makes me wonder if Aniah managed to escape from the vehicle so he got out and gunned her down.

I also wonder if this happened during that 1st critical hour.

The man charged with kidnapping college student Aniah Blanchard from an Auburn convenience store is now charged with capital murder in her death.

Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes said Monday afternoon he also intends to seek the death penalty against Ibraheem Yazeed, 30.

Yazeed is the only person responsible for abducting Blanchard and killing her, Hughes said. He also revealed the Blanchard died from a gunshot wound.

Ibraheem Yazeed charged with capital murder in Aniah Blanchard’s death

I’m not even shocked about this. I thought from day one that she was killed via gun shot by the way they talked. I can’t imagine how terrified she must have been.

I have felt like she (AB) caused him to crash the vehicle by grabbing the steering wheel since the beginning, this made IY angry, they fought and then he killed her. MOO I’m sure this was his intention all along. Anyway, no mention of or added charge of sexual assault so hopefully she didn’t have to suffer that as well. My God continue to bless and comfort this family.

I am not sure that they would have been able to determine if Aniah was assaulted sexually ... due to the condition of her physical remains after 4 weeks of being missing.

This article from the Montgomery Advertiser makes it sound like AF and DJIII lived in the same home on Placid Drive (which, you are correct, appears to be a very short distance from where AB's car was abandoned). It emphasizes that "the younger Johnson"--that would be DJIII--"has not been charged with any crimes."

In My Opinion...I feel DJ Jr. has/had the control over IY to do his dirty work for years! IY screwed up and acted under "impulse". He contacted DJ Jr. for help (I really screwed up boss) and DJ Jr. commanded/instructed his son DJ III to help with the mess IY got himself in! Which would explain why DJ III's prints (DNA?) were found in AB's car. When DJ III was being questioned and told about knowing he was in her car...spilled his guts. Trying to maintain all the initials bugles my mind...lol! I'm sweating here while I hit the submit button!

In My Opinion...I feel DJ Jr. has/had the control over IY to do his dirty work for years! IY screwed up and acted under "impulse". He contacted DJ Jr. for help (I really screwed up boss) and DJ Jr. commanded/instructed his son DJ III to help with the mess IY got himself in! Which would explain why DJ III's prints (DNA?) were found in AB's car. When DJ III was being questioned and told about knowing he was in her car...spilled his guts. Trying to maintain all the initials bugles my mind...lol! I'm sweating here while I hit the submit button!
Wait I missed where DJ3’s prints were found in AB’s car. Do you happen to have the source handy for that? I only remember DJ3 being the one to drive IY to Florida but that wasn’t in AB’s car as LE already had her car then. Tia

I agree, AB gave IY a fight for her life battle in the car. IY was most likely so accustomed to working with "drugged or incoherent" people, didn't realize the force of power someone who's 100% attentive holds. He was lost and found himself fighting a gorilla and shot her! I'm betting on my hopefulness, he didn't get even close to sexually assaulting AB.

I agree, AB gave IY a fight for her life battle in the car. IY was most likely so accustomed to working with "drugged or incoherent" people, didn't realize the force of power someone who's 100% attentive holds. He was lost and found himself fighting a gorilla and shot her! I'm betting on my hopefulness, he didn't get even close to sexually assaulting AB.
He probably sexually assaulted AB in that missing hour oct23 1130-1230, I read somewhere that the car crash came after the 12:30 i85 sighting at which point I would guess is the time she got shot.

The charge against Yazeed is capital murder because Blanchard was killed during the course of another felony crime, which in this case was kidnapping. Hughes declined to say when Blanchard was actually shot to death, nor would he discuss whether Blanchard was a crime of opportunity and what the suspect’s ultimate motive may have been.
"In the interests of public safety, I can say that the investigation has determined Ibraheem Yazeed to be the lone person responsible for Aniah’s abduction and her murder and he remains in the Lee County jail without bond,'' Hughes said. “Mr. Yazeed remains innocent of any charges against him until his guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.”
"This case has shaken our community to its core, and I cannot say enough about how the Auburn Police Division—and every other agency involved in this case—responded to the report of Aniah’s disappearance,'' the district attorney said. “From its first moments, law enforcement moved swiftly and methodically to find Aniah’s abductor, her murderer, and her. The process of seeing justice done on behalf of Aniah and her family will not be swift, but it will be thorough.”
"It is my intention that the response to this horrific crime serve as a warning to anyone who believes they want to come to Lee County and engage in violent criminal behavior. You will be dealt with and the consequences will be severe,” Hughes said.
Capital murder charge filed in Aniah Blanchard’s shooting death

Wait I missed where DJ3’s prints were found in AB’s car. Do you happen to have the source handy for that? I only remember DJ3 being the one to drive IY to Florida but that wasn’t in AB’s car as LE already had her car then. Tia

I thought I read it in here! I'm new to the site and have no clue how to find where I read the information. I apologize. I could be "out right wrong" thinking I read there was evidence found in AB's car that linked DJ III to be in the car. Sorry.

I think the evidence that AF disposed of was the gun. (Maybe her body) I am sorry for her suffering at the hands of this evil, I am proud she will be the reason this evil is off the streets. ( I hope he gets the death penelty, all due to Aniah) Flying high in heaven.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back