Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

Every local article I’ve read & the way I heard it in the preliminary hearing was he pushed her into her car & walked to the gas station from the hotel. Someone correct me if they gathered something different.
I’ve seen “a car, the car, his car, and her car” but mostly “a car”. Haven’t yet seen any info about him walking from motel to chevron but i’m Still looking.

Court and chargesYazeed faces the charge of capital murder, which in this case is the intentional murder during a kidnapping, according to Hughes.

“He’ll be served an arrest warrant for capital murder. At that time he’ll have to have another, what we call 48/72, or a first-appearance hearing,” Hughes said. “He will also have the opportunity for another preliminary hearing on this matter, but those are decisions that he’ll have to make with his lawyer.”

Yazeed is represented by court-appointed attorney Elijah Beaver.

Yazeed is also due in Montgomery County court Thursday. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing at 8:30 a.m. in reference to his February first-degree kidnapping and attempted murder charges, according to court records.

Fisher is set to appear in Lee County court at 9 a.m. Dec. 18 for a preliminary hearing.

A gag-order hearing is scheduled for Wednesday. A motion to lift the gag order filed by members of the media, including the Opelika-Auburn News, will be heard in the case of both Yazeed and Fisher.
Suspect in Aniah Blanchard's death charged with capital murder, death penalty sought

ETA @Niner for your notes
DBM double post

Last edited:
Court and chargesYazeed faces the charge of capital murder, which in this case is the intentional murder during a kidnapping, according to Hughes.

“He’ll be served an arrest warrant for capital murder. At that time he’ll have to have another, what we call 48/72, or a first-appearance hearing,” Hughes said. “He will also have the opportunity for another preliminary hearing on this matter, but those are decisions that he’ll have to make with his lawyer.”

Yazeed is represented by court-appointed attorney Elijah Beaver.

Yazeed is also due in Montgomery County court Thursday. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing at 8:30 a.m. in reference to his February first-degree kidnapping and attempted murder charges, according to court records.

Fisher is set to appear in Lee County court at 9 a.m. Dec. 18 for a preliminary hearing.

A gag-order hearing is scheduled for Wednesday. A motion to lift the gag order filed by members of the media, including the Opelika-Auburn News, will be heard in the case of both Yazeed and Fisher.
Suspect in Aniah Blanchard's death charged with capital murder, death penalty sought

ETA @Niner for your notes
I am going to have to start keeping a note book, to keep up with all the court dates.

Can we please stop speculating about a sexual assault? IY’s been charged with kidnapping and capital murder. What purpose does it serve to speculate about something for which he has not been charged? Honestly, I’m starting to feel like people are wishing a sexual assault against Aniah. I know that’s not true, but all the speculation is making me sick.
It's the best guess of a motive and highly doubt a 110lb woman could hold off a 220 lb man

Charges upgraded to murder for suspect in Aniah Blanchard case
"Charges against one of the suspects in the death of college student Aniah Blanchard are being upgraded from first-degree kidnapping to capital murder, the Lee County, Alabama, district attorney said Monday.

DA Brandon Hughes said his office plans to seek the death penalty against the suspect, Ibraheem Yazeed, who is in the Lee County Jail without bond."

"We have determined that Mr. Yazeed was the lone person responsible in this case for abducting Aniah Blanchard," Hughes said. "He is the only person responsible for Aniah's murder."

"Yazeed is one of three suspects arrested in the case. At a news conference Monday, Hughes refused to discuss charges against the other two men."

I’ve seen “a car, the car, his car, and her car” but mostly “a car”. Haven’t yet seen any info about him walking from motel to chevron but i’m Still looking.
Let me see if I can find it. I thought I remembered getting that from a video/article I saw of the detective testifying.
Bond denied, Yazeed case moves to grand jury
This is an article where it says it was her car. It also says that IY was at the hotel. It doesn’t specifically say he walked to the gas station (I’m still looking for the video where I thought I heard it) but it does reference that the hotel & him being there was brought up in the hearing. I remember thinking that makes total sense, there’s no reason someone would drive to that gas station from that hotel, you could throw a rock & hit it from the hotel. & the fact that it was never mentioned that the red van he came to auburn in was left at the gas station (if he didn’t walk there it would have had to have been). & I can promise you if it was it would have been towed. They don’t play with that in Auburn & will do it in a heart beat (I know from multiple experiences lol). I am still trying to find the longer video from the hearing where they mention the hotel part, so until I can find it (it’s like it’s buried in SM land somewhere lol), I’ll say IMO.

Let me see if I can find it. I thought I remembered getting that from a video/article I saw of the detective testifying.
Bond denied, Yazeed case moves to grand jury
This is an article where it says it was her car. It also says that IY was at the hotel. It doesn’t specifically say he walked to the gas station (I’m still looking for the video where I thought I heard it) but it does reference that the hotel & him being there was brought up in the hearing. I remember thinking that makes total sense, there’s no reason someone would drive to that gas station from that hotel, you could throw a rock & hit it from the hotel. & the fact that it was never mentioned that the red van he came to auburn in was left at the gas station (if he didn’t walk there it would have had to have been). & I can promise you if it was it would have been towed. They don’t play with that in Auburn & will do it in a heart beat (I know from multiple experiences lol). I am still trying to find the longer video from the hearing where they mention the hotel part, so until I can find it (it’s like it’s buried in SM land somewhere lol), I’ll say IMO.
This makes me think there was no silver car involved. He walked to the curb store from hotel. I hope when all is said and done, the Blanchard / Harris families make it their mission to shut this hotel down. From what I've read it's nothing but a hotel. please keep Aniah's families in your prayers tomorrow.

Every local article I’ve read & the way I heard it in the preliminary hearing was he pushed her into her car & walked to the gas station from the hotel. Someone correct me if they gathered something different.
From all of the articles and statements from LE, I agree - I think she was forced into her car. My guess is that she was also killed in her car. MOO.

I've seen theories about him walking to the Chevron from the Clarion, but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere or even really addressed in articles. Maybe I've missed it? I still think there was something to the town car since LE was sure enough about it to report it when they named IY as a POI, but they have backed way off of it at this point.

I agree. An article cited in an earlier thread mentioned (in the detective's court testimony, I believe), that IY was "frequently" at both the Clarion Inn in Auburn and the adjacent Chevron station/convenience store. I am hoping that the "why" will come out during the trial.
If IY was a drug dealer it would be easier to rent a room and let the customers come to him since he was from out of town. IY has also been linked to prostitution which could also be another reason for having a room. One stop service.

From all of the articles and statements from LE, I agree - I think she was forced into her car. My guess is that she was also killed in her car. MOO.

I've seen theories about him walking to the Chevron from the Clarion, but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere or even really addressed in articles. Maybe I've missed it? I still think there was something to the town car since LE was sure enough about it to report it when they named IY as a POI, but they have backed way off of it at this point.

The Clarion and the Chevron are right next to each other. If you were staying at the Clarion it would be easer and faster to walk to the Chevron than to drive. Here is a map:

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

This a Streetview. You can see the Clarion on your left and the Chevron on your right.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Second suspect in Aniah Blanchard case expected in court Dec. 4
Either someone did a HORRIBLE job editing this original article to insert new info or I’m extremely confused....I’ve tried to dig to find some info on this, but the main info in this MSM article, is that AF will be in court tomorrow as well as the hearing on the gag order. Some of these details confuse me tho. Anyone know why they’d do this??

My son had a Jazz performance at the local Christmas Tree lighting ceremony & as we arrived they were putting up bows for Aniah & asked everyone to keep them in their thoughts & prayers. I had to hold back the tears!
20191203_193705.jpg

Second suspect in Aniah Blanchard case expected in court Dec. 4
Either someone did a HORRIBLE job editing this original article to insert new info or I’m extremely confused....I’ve tried to dig to find some info on this, but the main info in this MSM article, is that AF will be in court tomorrow as well as the hearing on the gag order. Some of these details confuse me tho. Anyone know why they’d do this??
Antwain Fisher is on the Lee County Docket tomorrow for 1:30pm
AlacourtACCESS

ETA: With Judge Russell Bush
@Niner for your notes

Last edited:
Can we please stop speculating about a sexual assault? IY’s been charged with kidnapping and capital murder. What purpose does it serve to speculate about something for which he has not been charged? Honestly, I’m starting to feel like people are wishing a sexual assault against Aniah. I know that’s not true, but all the speculation is making me sick.
Good point. Kidnapping/carjacking for the purposes of forcing ATM withdrawals is very common and just as likely in this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back