Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of Blanchard’s friends shared with ABC News she believes Blanchard met up with a man she met on a dating app before her disappearance.

“That is what she said she was going to do that night," she said. "Go meet a guy named Eric.

Auburn police say they're investigating this.

“Certainly we are exploring the possibility that she met someone,” Dorsey said.
Auburn police investigating foul play among other possibilities in case of missing teen

This story has the name of the man in it. So the part about meeting at a bar, where did that come from? Was it said in the original tweet from the friend?

In case it is not been previously mentioned the Chevron station she was videoed in is at the corner of South College and East University/shug Jordan. It is not the Chevron further south known as store 17. I stopped in both stores this morning and the video clip is of her going in the direction of the beer coolers. I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned whether she was a drinker but The coolers are in that direction. This Chevron is far busier and more visible than store 17 Chevron and at that major intersection I would expect there to be a lot of cameras. If she was buying gas to drive to Montgomery there would be at least two more opportunities before she hit the interstate at Walmart and at store 17.

BBM

I have hoped that they have more footage of her than just what was released. I am hoping that they have something in the unreleased portions to go on and that more than we can see is going on behind the scenes.

Her car being damaged worries me. I've always been told that if someone hits me in the dark do not stop in a secluded area because it could be a set up to kidnap or assault you.

We had a case like that around here a few months ago. Woman driving in broad daylight, on a busy road, and a man hits her car with his car. They pull over, they get out, he drags her into a wooded area and starts to assault her. A good Samaritan saw and ran in and fought the guy. Police came and arrested him. Woman says she believes he would have killed her had that man not come to her rescue.

I don't have a good feeling about this.

One of Blanchard’s friends shared with ABC News she believes Blanchard met up with a man she met on a dating app before her disappearance.

“That is what she said she was going to do that night," she said. "Go meet a guy named Eric.

Auburn police investigating foul play among other possibilities in case of missing teen

This story has the name of the man in it. So the part about meeting at a bar, where did that come from? Was it said in the original tweet from the friend?

Yes, it was in the original tweet from the friend. I had seen it on twitter, but it wasn't discussable here at that time.

Yes, that has been the main speculation from the beginning. I think that there are a few things that don't line up and it makes sense to think out of the box a bit. It is possible that she didn't go through with the meet up, the plans fell through on the other end or that she was making an excuse to her friend.

The interesting thing about a possible meet-up is that you would think that would be planned at busy location such as a bar. So far, the general public has not been made aware that she appears on any security footage from any local bar. The only footage we have of her she appears to be alone.
Understood - as I have been following from the start, as well. However, havent seen too many MSM that reiterates the online dating...was beginning to assume that they were not really looking into that as much as her friend was discussing it.

I do think she met up with someone - i just dont think the details are as transparent as her friend has portrayed. I also think this case is beginning to look like that of Savannah Spurlock. Just praying for a different outcome.

BBM
I have hoped that they have more footage of her than just what was released. I am hoping that they have something in the unreleased portions to go on and that more than we can see is going on behind the scenes.
That gas station is across the street from a large strip mall with a Winn-Dixie grocery store, a gym, several restaurants, etc. It is also just a few hundred yards from a large hotel and very close to a huge student apartment complex. You can bet there are tons of video possibilities right there not to mention it is the most significant intersection to the south of the University on College Street so I imagine the city has cameras there as well.

Yes, it was in the original tweet from the friend. I had seen it on twitter, but it wasn't discussable here at that time.
Can we put it here now since it was discussed in the media?

So if she was not caught on video at the bar, the plan must have changed or he wanted to meet elsewhere? We know she snapchatted with friend, stopped at a store, and was seen driving SB on South College all within less than an hour. Her phone goes dark at around 12:30, after the sightings. I can't imagine she didn't have a phone charger in her car. I wish a reporter would ask that question.

Her car being damaged worries me. I've always been told that if someone hits me in the dark do not stop in a secluded area because it could be a set up to kidnap or assault you.

We had a case like that around here a few months ago. Woman driving in broad daylight, on a busy road, and a man hits her car with his car. They pull over, they get out, he drags her into a wooded area and starts to assault her. A good Samaritan saw and ran in and fought the guy. Police came and arrested him. Woman says she believes he would have killed her had that man not come to her rescue.

I don't have a good feeling about this.
Me too. The damage to me indicates a struggle. I have a very bad feeling.

Absolutely. Probably 90% of the time it is a crime perpetrated by the last seen with romantic other or partner.

Just saying that 90% goes down a little bit for me here, based on the few details known at this point. The scrapes on the car could indicate someone popping out of the back seat while she was driving, and the location the car was found might indicate a driver other than Aniah. Was her car unlocked at the convenience store...probably.

Just looking at possibilities.

Interesting - Montgomery/Auburn area folks: do people tend to leave their vehicles unlocked?

Interesting - Montgomery/Auburn area folks: do people tend to leave their vehicles unlocked?
I would like to think that it would probably be like anywhere else where most lock their cars but occasionally some do not. In Auburn it would be considered far more safe than in Montgomery. My sons car was broken into in Montgomery this week with locked doors.

The bars mention came from her mom and Walt. I shared the link early on. Quoting myself to show again. WRBL News 3 - #MISSING_AUBURN_TEEN: Walt and Angela... | Facebook

The friends tweet mentioned her meeting Eric. It’s mentioned in this quote I’m linking as well.
#MISSING_AUBURN_TEEN: Walt and Angela Harris, mom and stepfather of 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, are worried sick. The Auburn teen vanished Wednesday night. Last seen in downtown Auburn. Police and FBI need your help. Click link for Aniah’s picture and vehicle description -> bit.ly/2pazzy8
WRBL News 3 - #MISSING_AUBURN_TEEN: Walt and Angela... | Facebook

from the article:
An investigation into determining her whereabouts is underway. At this point, there is no evidence of foul play; however, the investigation will continue until her whereabouts are determined. Aniah is described as a light-complexioned black female, 5’-6” , 125 lbs., brown eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing a black dress, tan duck boots with black stockings. She drives a 2017 Honda CR-V, black in color with Alabama tag #49BS356. The whereabouts of the vehicle are not known, as well.

View attachment 211029

Welcome to Ws. theredliquor!
Wondering if Aniah was wearing the same clothing she wore to the funeral that she attended earlier in the day?

Understood - as I have been following from the start, as well. However, havent seen too many MSM that reiterates the online dating...was beginning to assume that they were not really looking into that as much as her friend was discussing it.

I do think she met up with someone - i just dont think the details are as transparent as her friend has portrayed. I also think this case is beginning to look like that of Savannah Spurlock. Just praying for a different outcome.

Can we put it here now since it was discussed in the media?

So if she was not caught on video at the bar, the plan must have changed or he wanted to meet elsewhere? We know she snapchatted with friend, stopped at a store, and was seen driving SB on South College all within less than an hour. Her phone goes dark at around 12:30, after the sightings. I can't imagine she didn't have a phone charger in her car. I wish a reporter would ask that question.
Her phone went dark before midnight. Her car was spotted at 12:30 at college and I 85.

In my opinion I think the most likely scenario is that she went out that night and met someone to hang out with. More than likely he came into town with a group of friends from Montgomery all riding in one car. He got in the car with her as the passenger. They stopped at the store to buy snacks gas alcohol or smokes and she went in and paid. She may have agreed to take him back to Montgomery where he probably lived since he was separated from his friends. Somewhere on the way or before they left Auburn there was an altercation. It’s possible this altercation led to erratic driving and led to the damage to the car. Obviously there was no other car involved in the damage since no one else has come forward that we are aware of. I believe it hit a concrete barrier on the way to Montgomery. She would have gotten onto the interstate at the S. College St. exit. I traveled this route this morning. There is visible damage to guard rails at mile marker 48 before the rest stop, mile marker 45 before the rest stop, right before exit 42 Wire Road, before exit 38 Tuskegee, and immediately following the Shorter exit 22. In each of these cases the guard rail and concrete barriers come all the way to the edge of the outside lane. Along this route they are several places that would present opportunities to dispose of a body or evidence. The wire Road and Tuskegee exits are relatively remote and provide easy access on and off the interstate. I do not think someone would wait until they got to Montgomery to dispose of a body as it becomes much more populated at exit 15 Pike Rd and the traffic picks up considerably regardless of what time of day you are traveling. After disposing of the body he dumped the car not far from where he lives and walked home or called a friend for a ride. With as much video as we have in Auburn they may very well have a description or even the identity of the suspect but not enough evidence at this point to arrest or detain.
That last point about all the video in Auburn is EXACTLY what I was thinking!! Like even at the gas station intersection, the intersection itself is full of cameras plus the bank cameras across the street. On top of that (this is assuming the car drove the interstate to get to Montgomery & not hwy 80) interstate cameras start at exit 11 (going south) & the weigh station on the interstate that takes some sort of photo with that bright flash when something drives over it is there as well. Idk how it works or if it stores photos somewhere. BUT point is there are a lot of cameras where that car could have gone. I really hope they know something & just aren’t saying.

To me, the damage to Aniah's car appears to be from a flat surface, such as a barrier or wall, instead of another car.

The plastic front tire fender has been stripped off (you can see the clip material hanging), and the door and fender have abrasion marks which appear to hit only the most exterior parts, as if scraping against a flat object.

IMO, the impact of another car would be more localized, ie deeper dents in areas. I also don't see any evidence of paint from whatever impacted the car. Someone was probably driving the car erratically.

Why? Speed, fear, alcohol, drugs?

If it was Aniah driving, speed and fear might be the likely cause, since she did not appear to be under the influence, and is now missing.
If it was someone else, all four factors could be at play.

Attachments

• I6JLVLY7YJGJNGQNSAXLEAJQOI.PNG.jpeg
    I6JLVLY7YJGJNGQNSAXLEAJQOI.PNG.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 83
  • img_3091.jpg
    img_3091.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 88
I’m quoting myself to show what I believe the timeline to be. Although I am confused about the 11:20 transaction her mom mentions and the just before midnight purchase mention by LE. I don’t know if they are different or the same.

8:30 left Homewood with brother
9:21. Walt Venmo’s money
11:00 Drops brother Elijah off
11:20 Debit Card used location pinged by LE (in Auburn) mentioned by mom
Just before midnight chevron purchase
11:57 phone turned off (went dark)
12:30 car spotted on college and I 85

Ok, that video is interesting to me.
1. Is she wearing what they described? It does look like she has boots on but they aren’t what I call duck boots. Maybe I don’t know what they meant.

What she has on looks like a tunic to me. I can see a slit on the side I believe. Is this what they thought she was wearing or wore to funeral?

She looks like her card is visible and almost looks like she has papers in her hand abs phone in the other. I’m confused by all the stuff in her hands. No purse?

2. So they called this making a purchase just before she was seen on I 85. They said that the sighting on college and I 85 was 12:30. Debit card purchase was 11:20 (I thought) so is this after that? Where was she from 11:20 to 12:30?

Too many missing pieces to know!

The family almost sounds like they wouldn’t expect her to go out. I just bet they don’t know all that they think they do about her. Did she really meet a guy and when? If the Snapchat to friend happened and phone disabled by 11:56 yet this was just before 12:30 spotting, was it after 11:56?

I can’t tell you how many chargers my kids have bought from gas stations because they forgot theirs or it broke... that’s not the issue here I don’t think. She would’ve bought one I think. (Well now I’m wondering how much money she had) We know dad Walt Venmo’d her money for “food” at 9:30. Maybe she didn’t have enough to buy a charger and charge phone? I doubt that but who knows. The cords are about $5 and can plug to usb.

Was phone disabled completely, or just life 360 tracker? Maybe she just didn’t want mom/dad to know where she was? And then something happened?

11:20 Debit Card used location pinged by LE (in Auburn)

My biggest question - was communication with Roomie via text only. That could imply someone else sent it if so. The reporter in the story with mom on phone leads the question by saying she “talked to Roomie” but mom calls it Snapchat.

One thing I have wondered about car. Chief said the mirror was damaged. I don’t think the guardrails or barriers would reach that high, do you?
To me, the damage to Aniah's car appears to be from a flat surface, such as a barrier or wall, instead of another car.

The plastic front tire fender has been stripped off (you can see the clip material hanging), and the door and fender have abrasion marks which appear to hit only the most exterior parts, as if scraping against a flat object.

IMO, the impact of another car would be more localized, ie deeper dents in areas. I also don't see any evidence of paint from whatever impacted the car. Someone was probably driving the car erratically.

Why? Speed, fear, alcohol, drugs?

If it was Aniah driving, speed and fear might be the likely cause, since she did not appear to be under the influence, and is now missing.
If it was someone else, all four factors could be at play.

Attachments

• 3DE5009000000578-4276810-image-a-22_1488498339459.jpg
    3DE5009000000578-4276810-image-a-22_1488498339459.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 800px-Jersey_barrier_2.png
    800px-Jersey_barrier_2.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 37
I’m quoting myself to show what I believe the timeline to be. Although I am confused about the 11:20 transaction her mom mentions and the just before midnight purchase mention by LE. I don’t know if they are different or the same.

11:20 Debit Card used location pinged by LE (in Auburn) mentioned by mom
Just before midnight chevron purchase

The chances that Aniah would turn her phone off or run out of battery seems small. My phone runs out of battery all the time because I'm old and don't rely on it, but its uncommon for young people that depend on it. At this point, there doesn't appear to be a reason she would turn it off, as there is no suspicion of her doing anything that she didn't want tracked.

Doesn't the phone timing suggest something happened at the Chevron or very soon afterward?

What the others are saying about Montgomery is true. It's becoming a cesspool. Even the good areas aren't that great. Shootings are a daily occurrence.

I grew up in and live in Montgomery and it is no different than other large cities. I have never been afraid to live/eat out/shop here but you need to use common sense and stay out of certain areas. Many neighborhoods are lovely and safe. this is true in Birmingham, Huntsville and Mobile too. We don't live in the 70s anymore anywhere.

Tuskegee, which is halfway between Auburn and Montgomery, is home to a national forest we used to ride horses in. About 15 years ago it became a place we did not feel comfortable in because the trails are so grown over and the woods so thick. A place you could dump a body and maybe not get caught.

The chances that Aniah would turn her phone off or run out of battery seems small. My phone runs out of battery all the time because I'm old and don't rely on it, but its uncommon for young people that depend on it. At this point, there doesn't appear to be a reason she would turn it off, as there is no suspicion of her doing anything that she didn't want tracked.

Doesn't the phone timing suggest something happened at the Chevron or very soon afterward?
It does to me. I think they know if she was alone in the car when it was spotted at 12:30.

Her bio dad is a preacher, right? Is the WWF fighter her stepdad?
Walt is stepdad and is a ufc fighter which has been mentioned in msm. We aren’t supposed to sleuth family and bio dads occupation hasn’t been mentioned in the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288