AL - Ashton Easterling, 23 mos, tortured, beaten to death, Montgomery, 16 April 2014

Discussion in 'Trials' started by OkieGranny, Sep 11, 2014.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.al.com/news/montgomery/index.ssf/2014/09/montgomery_toddler_who_died_of.html

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/25278316/montgomery-child-death-investigation-underway

2. Loading...

3. Tracey4AU

Tracey4AU New Member

Second paragraph quoted from your first link: I have no words that I can use here.

That poor child!

4. OkieGranny

I could not find how long the boys were in that woman's care, or how/why she was chosen to be their caretaker while their parents were away.

5. Tracey4AU

Tracey4AU New Member

I don't remember hearing about this previously and I live an hour and a half from Montgomery. So horrible.

6. Oddsocks

Oddsocks Well-Known Member

The poor poor little darling. Look at his little face

7. OkieGranny

I know. Such a precious pumpkin. :(

8. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC Active Member

From reading both linked articles, it appears only Easterling had the access to this precious little boy. However, the first linked story mentioned evidence of lob data sing abuse, and that the child had only been under the babysitter's care recently.

(snip)

According to court testimony, Easterling had been in Cottrell's care for about a week when the fatal injuries occurred. It's unclear where the child's mother was at the time.

This struck me as odd. Are they trying to say his other injuries occurred over several weeks, or even months, or over a year? He never add it to his second birthday! :no:

Who has access to this beautiful little boy? Am I reading this right, and there is suspicion on anyone else other than the suspect in custody? Is it warranted based on the mechanism of injuries discovered?

My heart breaks for him. He suffered so terribly. And also, for his precious twin. The link between twins is well documented. For the rest of his life, his twin will grow up with a part of him missing. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him re-tell stories of the pain and anguish of his childhood when he is older.

Easterling destroyed two boys lives, and devastated their family. This was a church daycare. The damage done reverberates, as trust wasn't just broken, it was shattered - For many people.

May her justice be full and swift. After her adjudication process proves her guilt, in a court of law, she should be under the jail......

:moo:

Fly high, Little One. I have no doubt you'll always be close by to your twin. I believe in Guardian Angels, and you certainly earned your wings.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

10. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Trial begins for woman accused of beating child to death

11. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Trial stops as woman pleads guilty to killing toddler - May 30th

Attempt to withdraw guilty plea in Montgomery boy's 2014 murder denied