Found Safe AL - Betty Cobb, Kidnapped from Calhoun County

According to the above articles, the suspect has "multiple" warrants out. They found this poor woman duct-taped in a closet at a residence connected in some way to the suspect. I thought I read that there were over 20 warrants for him, but I can't find that info now, so just imo.

What a terrible human being to put Ms BC through something so terrifying. The only thing going for him is he spared her life so maybe he has a nanogram of compassion. I’m so relieved she was found and pray for healing for BC and swift justice for TW.

SBM

[Snip] ... suspect, identified as Tony Lamar White, 47. [snip] ...possibly driving a silver 2006 Chrysler 300 with Alabama tag 11JA702 ... [snip] has multiple warrants and should be considered dangerous.

tony-lamar-white.jpg

Goodness, this poor lady. I hope she gets help with the trauma this must have caused her. She looks like the sweetest grandma. From what I've read in comments, she is very much loved and respected in her community. Just thinking of how terrified she must have been raises my blood pressure.

I wonder what the purpose of kidnapping her was.

White was been captured in KY.

CALHOUN COUNTY, Ala. —
Breaking Update: Tony Lamar White, the suspect in the kidnapping of 75-year-old Betty Cobb from her Anniston home, has been captured in Kentucky, according to Oxford Police Chief Bill Partridge.

The Calhoun County Sheriff's Office said White was apprehended in Richmond by Kentucky Highway Patrol Tuesday night. Further details are not available at this time.

A massive manhunt is underway for a man authorities say kidnapped an Alabama woman and left her bound in the closet of his home and may be linked to similar attacks on elderly women dating back a decade.
SNIPPED: She was found six hours later bound in the closet of the suspect’s home.
SNIPPED: When Cobb returned to her home in rural Calhoun County, authorities said White attacked her while she was unloading her groceries and forced into the trunk of a vehicle and taking her to his Anniston home.
SNIPPED:
Cobb was well known to Wade and almost every law enforcement officer in the county. She drove an ambulance for many years and served as a volunteer firefighter.
“She’s a servant. She’s a difference-maker,’’ the sheriff said. “She’s a sweet lady.”
more at article.

may be linked to similar attacks on elderly women dating back a decade.
RSBM

:eek: This is scary as all get out. I wonder how many cases they're going to be able to solve now that they have this monster in jail. I hope he's forthcoming and tells LE what they need to know and/or they find plenty of evidence to find other potentially missing victims.

I know Ms. Betty is safe and it appears she has a strong belief and faith in God, but this is going to be a hard one to overcome, imo. :( I've got her and her loved ones in my prayers.

SBM

Others may have retired, but Betty Cobb keeps going. After more than 30 years, she is still volunteering with the Quad Cities Fire Department. Austin said she is a founding member of the department and also acts as secretary. “For any wreck call, any medical call, any fire call, even at 75, Ms. Betty is still there,” Lt. Tim Hicks with the Quad Cities Fire Department said. “If she’s not there, you can bet someone is going to ask ‘where is Ms. Betty’.” “She is actually the mom of the department,” Austin said. “When we are on a scene, there is a lot going on. It’s a lot of chaos, but Ms. Betty is like the calm in the storm.”
#

Oh he's disgusting excuse for a human. I'm clenching my hands, reading about him. He is going to have countless victims. The populations he worked with are st the highest risk of abuse. If they actually fully investigate, it's going to be very bad, the things they discover.

Ms. Betty- I wish you never encountered him. But just know, you took him down, sweetheart!!! You kept him from harming anyone else.

SBM

Others may have retired, but Betty Cobb keeps going. After more than 30 years, she is still volunteering with the Quad Cities Fire Department. Austin said she is a founding member of the department and also acts as secretary. “For any wreck call, any medical call, any fire call, even at 75, Ms. Betty is still there,” Lt. Tim Hicks with the Quad Cities Fire Department said. “If she’s not there, you can bet someone is going to ask ‘where is Ms. Betty’.” “She is actually the mom of the department,” Austin said. “When we are on a scene, there is a lot going on. It’s a lot of chaos, but Ms. Betty is like the calm in the storm.”
#
Ms Betty is an ICON! I think she helped to solve many other ordeals that woman went through. I pray her family/friends could see this and give her our love and support.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back