Identified! AL - Bibb Co, WhtMal UP13483, 14-17, MVA/hitchhiker, tattoo: RY + LOVE Mar'61 - Daniel Armantrout

@madamx I also found another potential match, missing since 1958 or 59, I actually wanted to create a thread for him, I found his sisters obituary and it says she was preceded in death by her parents and brother. So I'm not sure if he's missing presumed dead or found deceased. What to do?

Last edited:
Oops. Edit double post.

Don't worry madamx I misread stuff all the time lol

Where did you find the article of the 3 missing guys? It’s interesting because it’s 3 of them

oh yes I have not gotten that far but I have been looking every moment I can to those FBI Bulletins.. that Propane Yeeter posted.. they are awesome!!! I love them!!

Me too!! I've scrolled through hundreds of pages and researching. Some were found, but I've found some that could still be missing. This guy looks similar to this doe too, I found an obituary for his sister which says that she was preceded in death by her brother Jerry and her parents. I couldn't find anything online about him, so I'm not sure if they found him deceased or missing presumed deceased, and he isn't listed in namus or anywhere. I was tempted to create a thread for him but im not sure what category so i should leave it . Hmmm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200421-204826_Google Play Books.jpg
    Screenshot_20200421-204826_Google Play Books.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 79
Wow I see Jerry has the same look and I noticed he has the sideburns cut short like the UID.. the first guy does not... but the first guy really does look like him a lot.. oh yeah.. I don't know about Jerry.. like you said if he was found or just after time just presumed dead. That is a good Question.. oh it is tempting to make a thread for him in case he was just presumed.. oh I don't know..maybe someone else can give some more input.

oh The FBI Bulletins.. remind me so much of the Sheriffs Star which I found a couple of years back (including on this thread) with missing boys.. seriously the suck you in! Here it is again if your ever interested in getting sucked in ha! Florida Sheriffs Association . I have Still been trying to find The Daytona kid by the pond from 1972. This kid reminds me of him in a way.

Wow I see Jerry has the same look and I noticed he has the sideburns cut short like the UID.. the first guy does not... but the first guy really does look like him a lot.. oh yeah.. I don't know about Jerry.. like you said if he was found or just after time just presumed dead. That is a good Question.. oh it is tempting to make a thread for him in case he was just presumed.. oh I don't know..maybe someone else can give some more input.

oh The FBI Bulletins.. remind me so much of the Sheriffs Star which I found a couple of years back (including on this thread) with missing boys.. seriously the suck you in! Here it is again if your ever interested in getting sucked in ha! Florida Sheriffs Association . I have Still been trying to find The Daytona kid by the pond from 1972. This kid reminds me of him in a way.

Ooh! Ive had a quick look, i shall be having a good read of those tomorrow, if i start now ill never go to sleep!!
Thank you!

I came across this unfortunately there is no photo but its from January 1960 a missing Boy from Sarasota Florida named Ronald and I think its Ronald Pistol Sales is his name .. the height is off by 2 inches and he was 18 but everything sort of lines up.. Just wish there was a photo of the kid.. I just thought I would share it here

https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_3,_NO_11,_JANUARY_1960.pdf

View attachment 116135

I had posted this guy a while ago. I don’t know if he is missing still maybe carbuff can find out hehehe.

I wanted to post him again because his stats fit the UID and the one thing that stuck out it says he dresses like a cowboy and in reading the fbi bulletin it mentions the UID had a silver horse head belt buckle .

Below iam posting a snip if the article where it mentions his clothing which i has not seen before. I do also notice there is no mention of the photograph of him w the girl.

this it it

Attachments

• F54C0E11-CE01-4647-9AC7-727C144D39D2.png
    F54C0E11-CE01-4647-9AC7-727C144D39D2.png
    498.4 KB · Views: 54
Those are interesting items listed in the article.
this it it

Interesting list of items in the article, thank you for posting.
I wonder if those laundry tags were military? 90032 could be a zip code. But, the items might have been in his possession, but not originally his.

Interesting list of items in the article, thank you for posting.
I wonder if those laundry tags were military? 90032 could be a zip code. But, the items might have been in his possession, but not originally his.
90032 is a ZIP in Los Angeles.

Fort ord in Calif was a military base in 1961. Ill be concentrating my search on mp's from South Carolina and montevello alabama areas now

This is the kid Ronald Pistol Sales I posted way earlier in the thread. But I could not find anything if he was found.

Iam posting the ad for Ronald again, because I just looked at it and it has what I believe is a phone number to call in Saratoga and it’s 7-6036..

Maybe the 90032 could be a phone number but just missing the dash?? And it would really read 9-0032?

Just a thought. I know at one point there were no area codes and the numbers had letters.

Last edited:
This is the ad it’s from the sheriffs star January 1960

Attachments

• 8EA1BE84-CEEE-440C-8F88-C9BF596D91D8.png
    8EA1BE84-CEEE-440C-8F88-C9BF596D91D8.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 30

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics