AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is it disgustingly unusual that there are at least 2 (possibly 3 or more) men in the same IMMEDIATE family involved in child molestation/incest?

I don't have any first hand experience with this type of abuse within families....but many previous stories of victims coming forward and giving interviews (ala 'Oprah', etc.), they give very sad and disturbing descriptions of how they were 'groomed' over a period of time, etc. THere is usually ONE sick predator (either family member, trusted neighbor, etc.) and this ONE person may have preyed on several children in the same family, etc.

I just don't recall, and find it sickenly odd that there were numerous adult males in the same family doing the same thing!! Any adult that participates in this type of behaviour has got to be 'sick in the head'. Molesters and sex offenders are "off"....there is something not right in their head. Normal people don't act this way.

It seems that the predators in this family knew what each other was doing (one turned in the other). Was this some sick thing they had in common and talked about it? Committed some of these crimes together?

Again, in most cases I can recall reading about or seeing in interviews, it was ONE predator who acted alone and kept it a secret from EVERYONE around them (except for the victims). The fact that there are 2 or 3 or more in one immediate family seems very sick and odd to me. JMO.

I'm thinking the same thing! Do you just say to your brother in law, hey, there's this kid I've been wanting to molest, wanna join me? Like you're going to a movie? Blows my mind!

how far is Athens TN from the Styx house?
Uncle Scott listed that as his home address

ETA its over 500 miles wow....wonder what else is going on in TN?

From his comments on FB, sounds like he was here in Mobile working at a steel mill...went back home to visit and do Na'l Guard a few days a month.

I'm thinking the same thing! Do you just say to your brother in law, hey, there's this kid I've been wanting to molest, wanna join me? Like you're going to a movie? Blows my mind!

Or did these men know each other prior to marriage and pick women who they knew would be easy victims?

I'm not certain what Klaas Kids involvement is as of today but... the attached post by Brad Dennis on BW's search page dated June 17th indicated they are still involved but shifted gears from a ground search to canvassing neighborhoods due to new information from an LE investigation... which we now know more about.

https://www.facebook.com/pages//451298481547844

I imagine yesterday's news hit Klaas Kids pretty hard and will hopefully be able to provide more support for her search.

I wonder if Equusearch has been contacted?

http://texasequusearch.org/contact-tes/who-to-contact/

Attachments

• klaaskidsbrad.jpg
    klaaskidsbrad.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 45
  • klaas6.14.12.jpg
    klaas6.14.12.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 44
I'm beginning to think that Brittney Wood, who had some unsavory personal habits, may be a hero to the children who were or could have been victims of these men. I haven't checked in for a few days, and I'm so shocked and angry I can barely breathe. And I think imagining her as a hero helps to calm me even if it doesn't prove to be true.

SW or RSW (whichever you prefer) listed his home address as Athens TN on the county jail website

see #995 lists all his charges including his home address.

Thats interesting!
Because i believe he works in Mobile!
His Fb posts are via Alabama
He does Role Play with his friends on weekends!

Wonder who is in Tennessee?
His parents maybe?

how far is Athens TN from the Styx house?
Uncle Scott listed that as his home address

ETA its over 500 miles wow....wonder what else is going on in TN?
I noticed he had mentioned on his fb at one time that it was a 7 hour drive.

Is it just me, or is it disgustingly unusual that there are at least 2 (possibly 3 or more) men in the same IMMEDIATE family involved in child molestation/incest?

I don't have any first hand experience with this type of abuse within families....but many previous stories of victims coming forward and giving interviews (ala 'Oprah', etc.), they give very sad and disturbing descriptions of how they were 'groomed' over a period of time, etc. THere is usually ONE sick predator (either family member, trusted neighbor, etc.) and this ONE person may have preyed on several children in the same family, etc.

I just don't recall, and find it sickenly odd that there were numerous adult males in the same family doing the same thing!! Any adult that participates in this type of behaviour has got to be 'sick in the head'. Molesters and sex offenders are "off"....there is something not right in their head. Normal people don't act this way.

It seems that the predators in this family knew what each other was doing (one turned in the other). Was this some sick thing they had in common and talked about it? Committed some of these crimes together?

Again, in most cases I can recall reading about or seeing in interviews, it was ONE predator who acted alone and kept it a secret from EVERYONE around them (except for the victims). The fact that there are 2 or 3 or more in one immediate family seems very sick and odd to me. JMO.

I personally think the same "grooming" behavior occurred here too. I am not in any way invalidating any one of the men's actions, but I have a feeling that there was most likely an instigator. A truly, evil, sick individual who slowly, bit by bit, indoctrinated the others involved. It may have started years ago as "harmless", locker-room-men talk. Things like, "oh, she's hot, but jail-bait." From there, it may have escalated into photos being taken from afar of unwitting women, and shown as trophies to the instigator. Etc, etc. Until eventually the men were involved in activities that they may have fantasized about, but never would have had the "courage" to act out on their own. This is not to say that ANY of those involved were normal to begin with, or had normal sexual lives. But, evil tends to seek out, and find, evil. Also, women in the same family, who perhaps suffered abuse themselves at a young age, may gravitate toward abusers themselves when they reach adulthood. Thus, sisters marrying two different offenders... I think this family most likely has generations of abuse and dysfunction that created a magnet for evil and the perfect storm of misfortune for poor Brittney.

All jmo...

I personally think the same "grooming" behavior occurred here too.

{RSBM}

I've thought the same... I've been searching for the last names of extended family members:

http://dps.alabama.gov/Community/wfSexOffenderSearch.aspx

found a few older gentlemen and some close to TN. One woman turned up with one of the names as an alias so I don't know if perhaps she was married to one at some point.

I've also been looking here:

http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx

and here:

http://www.mobileso.com/whos-in-jail/

Thats interesting!
Because i believe he works in Mobile!
His Fb posts are via Alabama
He does Role Play with his friends on weekends!

Wonder who is in Tennessee?
His parents maybe?

His FB says he's going to Alabama to work while the family stays in east Tennessee. I'm not sure what family that amounts to, i.e. wife, kids, parents etc...

Uncle Scott (Randall) is charged with "incest" but Uncle Dustin is not..Uncle Scott (Randall) is a 'WOOD' but Uncle Dustin is not..He's only married to a 'WOOD'..So, doesn't this mean that the victim is biologically a member of the 'WOOD' family?

I'm not trying to sleuth WHO the victim is but just trying to make this point & that this could also be why Dustin Kent is out on bail & Scott (Randall) Wood is not.

Re: Uncle Donnie..He would not have been charged with "incest" either IF there's only this ONE victim but does anyone believe that's ALL there is? I don't!

eta..I guess it's also possible all three (or more?) of these SICKO men had a diff victim but that seems kinda unlikely to me..OTH! I don't know too much about this kind of horrific behavior & could be all wrong.

I would say, looking in hindsight, that we can safely assume that Brittney's poor ethical and moral choices were the result of misplaced self-loathing, perhaps due to being molested by family members.

I can also say that if a judge ruled that DH could not be around minors, then all of his minor children would be included in that restriction.

Uncle Scott (Randall) is charged with "incest" but Uncle Dustin is not..Uncle Scott (Randall) is a 'WOOD' but Uncle Dustin is not..He's only married to a 'WOOD'..So, doesn't this mean that the victim is biologically a member of the 'WOOD' family?

I'm not trying to sleuth WHO the victim is but just trying to make this point & that this could also be why Dustin Kent is out on bail & Scott (Randall) Wood is not.

Re: Uncle Donnie..He would not have been charged with "incest" either IF there's only this ONE victim but does anyone believe that's ALL there is? I don't!

What I have discovered after years of following these crimes, is that molesters and rapists are just that: molesters and rapists. They often groom children in their lives, even if they are family members or neighbors or extended relatives. They use their close relation to the family or the community to gain access to these children and then use their title to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

I can't verify that Brittney was a victim. But I would say that its more likely than not, given the arrests.

I would say, looking in hindsight, that we can safely assume that Brittney's poor ethical and moral choices were the result of misplaced self-loathing, perhaps due to being molested by family members.

I can also say that if a judge ruled that DH could not be around minors, then all of his minor children would be included in that restriction.

Do we know that there is a Court order that he couldn't be around minors? Or was it a family member saying he couldn't or shouldn't? Or even law enforcement saying something along the lines of "with this investigation going on, if you know what's good for you, you won't hang around with minors."

Hey amysmom! I agree with you on the reasoning that SW was charged with incest but DK was not.

I do want to point out that SW's charges were all, IIRC, first degree while Kent's charges were all second degree. 1st degree vs 2nd degree has a lot to do with the bond amount. Seems like Kent's bond was only 10,000 and SW's was 150,000.

http://defendingsexcrimes.com/2011/02/the-different-csc-charges/

If the allegation includes penetration, it will into the category of 1st degree CSC

If any of the following apply, the charge of 1st degree CSC will apply:
If the complaining witness is younger than 13 years old;
If the complaining witness is between 13 and 15, but related to the defendant, lives in the defendant’s household or if the defendant is in a position of authority to the complaining witness;
If the defendant is a teacher, substitute teacher, administrator of the school (in the same district at least) that the complaining witness younger than the age of 16 attends;
If the defendant is an employee or contract employee of a school within the school district the complaining witness attends;
If force or coercion was used to complete the penetration or if the complaining witness was incapacitated;
If there was a weapon used;
If there was force/coercion and a personal injury;
If the complaining witness was incapacitated, and there was personal injury;
If the defendant was in the process of committing another felony; or
If the defendant was engaged in the medical treatment or examination of the complaining witness for a purpose that was medically recognized as unethical or unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57