AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #14

It will be interesting to see if Dustin Kent or Randal Wood will attempt to plea bargain for a reduced sentence based on the events of today.
I think we will soon know if any of the family knows what happened to Brittney.

Dustin's made his deal already. He faced life sentences in both counties, but charges were reduced and dropped, when he pled/pleaded/plead (?) guilty. I believe he faces 2-20 years. But I suppose there's nothing blocking another deal, right?

I'll bet there are some wishing they had taken the plea agreements right about now! Roll on Mobile county trials!

Searching for Brittney Wood

Heinz acknowledged that prosecutors, as early as last week, attempted to talk to Wendy Holland more about what she might know about Brittney Wood's whereabouts, among other things associated with the case. No new information surfaced during those talks.

Brittney Wood is presumed dead.

"I keep hoping the more and more we get, the more pieces of the puzzle we can put together and we are always one piece away," Heinz said, crediting investigators in Mobile and Baldwin counties for working "day-after-day" on the case. "I still feel like there is more information out there that is to be had. I hope the people who heard the harsh sentences handed out today will step up."

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/stepmother_says_219-year_priso.html

Dustin's made his deal already. He faced life sentences in both counties, but charges were reduced and dropped, when he pled/pleaded/plead (?) guilty. I believe he faces 2-20 years. But I suppose there's nothing blocking another deal, right?

Scott and Dustin agreed to plead guilty to avoid a trial, but they have yet to have their sentencing hearings. I am hoping today's sentencing has put it in their heads, it is probable they're looking at the max sentence instead of the lower end outlined in their plea deals. There is still time to come forward with anything they might know about Brittney's disappearance.

Woman sentenced to 219 years in prison in sex ring case

http://wtop.com/national/2015/01/woman-sentenced-to-219-years-in-prison-in-sex-ring-case/

Wendy and Donnie Holland’s 22-year-old son Donald Paul Holland Jr. — charged with incest, rape and sexual abuse as another alleged participant in the ring — appeared before the judge in a closed hearing after his mother’s sentencing.

He was seen being arrested and led away in handcuffs afterward, but the outcome of his case wasn’t made public because he was handled as a youthful offender following a request by the defense.

Afternoon ALL

Popping in To say HI!!! Wally & I are beyond HAPPY with today's event's!!!
:happydance:

:loveyou:
Thank you ALL for continuing to support us in our search for Brittney and for the Truth!
We Will Never Give Up!!! Justice For Brittney!!!!
Steph

Woman sentenced to 219 years in prison in sex ring case
Wendy and Donnie Holland’s 22-year-old son Donald Paul Holland Jr. — charged with incest, rape and sexual abuse as another alleged participant in the ring — appeared before the judge in a closed hearing after his mother’s sentencing.

He was seen being arrested and led away in handcuffs afterward, but the outcome of his case wasn’t made public because he was handled as a youthful offender following a request by the defense.
http://wtop.com/national/2015/01/woman-sentenced-to-219-years-in-prison-in-sex-ring-case/

Not his mother, his stepmother.
I don't see him listed at either Baldwin/Mobile jails. Would a booking record be sealed, too?

I think if I even knew that Brittney sneezed that day, I'd be talking!! This judge is NOT playing games, and is NOT going to be giving out light sentences, so they best start talking and telling the truth!!!!

My prayers continue for all the victims in this mess. Justice is speaking for you, and you now have the title of SURVIVORS!!!

"The state rested its case following a session during which the teen testified that her relatives often had group sex. She said it sometimes including Holland's missing 19-year-old niece Brittney Wood.
'We would be in a circle and we'd all switch up,' the girl testified.
Prosecutor Teresa Heinz asked how often such things occurred.
'It happened a bunch,' she said. A male relative who pleaded guilty later testified he once had six-way sex with a group of relatives that included the girl and Holland.
Crying, the teen had to stand up to see over the judge's desk to identify Holland as one of the people who abused her.
Holland dabbed at her eyes and looked at the girl only briefly."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tuous-sex-ring-accused-child-molestation.html

I'm so proud of this little gal standing up to those who abused her. Justice has been served by the judge handing down the maximum sentence.

Waiting patiently for Chessie's day in court. We need 'the rest of the story'!

I am sooo glad the good people of my county and the judge were not afraid to hand down true justice in this horrible case! Thank you citizens of Baldwin Co.!:loveyou:

Searching for Brittney Wood

Heinz acknowledged that prosecutors, as early as last week, attempted to talk to Wendy Holland more about what she might know about Brittney Wood's whereabouts, among other things associated with the case. No new information surfaced during those talks.

Brittney Wood is presumed dead.

"I keep hoping the more and more we get, the more pieces of the puzzle we can put together and we are always one piece away," Heinz said, crediting investigators in Mobile and Baldwin counties for working "day-after-day" on the case. "I still feel like there is more information out there that is to be had. I hope the people who heard the harsh sentences handed out today will step up."

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/stepmother_says_219-year_priso.html

Also, in this article is this -

Heinz said she hopes the sentencings will prompt other family members to speak up about what they might know about Brittney Wood's whereabouts. Wood was last seen with Donnie Holland, Wendy's husband who was viewed as the ring leader of the family sex ring, before he purportedly committed suicide with a gunshot wound to the back of the head.

bbm
I think Donald's suicide is still very questionable.

Wendy Holland, Brownlee, and Bob Bashara.

Ah, it's a good, good day.

I'm only referring to Sgt. Congleton's statements made during Dustin's prelim hearing in Mobile County. It helped to understand we have two separate counties. His statement about coming forward after Donnie's death didn't make sense considering we know LE knew about the abuse before Donnie died. A victim went to LE with Scott in Feb. 2012. Therefore, in my opinion, the victim Sgt. Congleton is referring is a different victim. I was concerned we were getting conflicting info from LE, but not so considering we have multiple counties and victims.

Yes he was referring to a different victim. The second victim they found at that time if my memory serves.

Also Sgt. Congleton has been off the case for more than a year it's handled by Mobile county now detectives Jeff Corley & Terri Hall the same ones for the sex crimes are handling Brittney's case now.

Yes!!! I'm thrilled with this news! I'm hoping it'll be the catalyst that gets the other perps talking about Brittney.

:jail: Have fun, Wendy! :jail:

So pleased! The sentences are powerful validation for the victims, may they know peace in their futures!

Wendy Holland given 219-year sentence, William Brownlee 20 years in family sex ring
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/william_brownlee_given_20_year.html

000203F7.gif
NEWS!!!

Wow, Justice feels good when it happens. I'm so happy Wendy got what she deserves.

(Dedicating my 10,000th post to BRITTNEY .)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tuous-sex-ring-accused-child-molestation.html

My heart goes out to the young witness who had to go through so much. She is so courageous. I am in awe by her strength, and will keep her in my prayers hoping she will have a new, beautiful future. To all the victims of these adults, I wish a new tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back