AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #14

I had the news on and my jaw dropped when I saw Brittney Wood's name on the screen.

New search for Brittney Wood 7 years after disappearance

This is good news!

I think of Brittney quite often, her’s being one of the first ‘missing cases’ I followed here on Websleuths’s.

Oh & what a shocking ‘can of worms’ her disappearance opened up!!

Can’t access yesterday’s Fox10 news story here in the UK.

Could you please let me know if there is anything reported to have prompted a new search & who is searching?

TIA, Bethan.

This is good news!

I think of Brittney quite often, her’s being one of the first ‘missing cases’ I followed here on Websleuths’s.

Oh & what a shocking ‘can of worms’ her disappearance opened up!!

Can’t access yesterday’s Fox10 news story here in the UK.

Could you please let me know if there is anything reported to have prompted a new search & who is searching?

TIA, Bethan.
The article synopsis: Klaas Kids brought a search dog and the focus of the search was around a concrete slab which was poured around the time Brittney disappeared. "A film crew from London videoed the search as part of an ongoing documentary shoot about the missing persons case." I assume that is the reason for the new search. They used special equipment to take pictures under the slab.

The article synopsis: Klaas Kids brought a search dog and the focus of the search was around a concrete slab which was poured around the time Brittney disappeared. "A film crew from London videoed the search as part of an ongoing documentary shoot about the missing persons case." I assume that is the reason for the new search. They used special equipment to take pictures under the slab.

Thanks so much!
Interesting!

Were there ever any updates on this ?

WKRG | Age-progressed photo of Brittney Wood released
brittney-wood.png

WKRG | Mother of missing Mobile teen hopes new age-progressed photo helps in their search

Eight years have passed since a young mother went missing. Brittney Wood was last seen May 30, 2012, and her family is not giving up the search for her.

Brittney would be 28 this September, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have released an age-progressed photo of her.

Chessie says the photo has renewed the case in people’s minds. “We have received new leads last night, after the photo was aired. So that will be the next thing we look into,” she explained.

“I will look until I make my last breath,” said Chessie Wood, Brittney’s mother.

Such a sad story. I can't believe that it has been so long! Does anyone know what happened to Chessie in court-she was facing criminal charges at one point?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back