AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #14

A missing teenage mother who exposed child sexual abuse of incest in disappeared Alabama revealed that she continues to look for her daughter in a new true crime documentary. ‘

Premiered at Peacock on August 26, Monster in the Shadows explores the theory surrounding the disappearance of Britneywood, 19, who went missing after visiting his uncle Donnie Holland in 2012.

Two days later, Donnie committed suicide with a gun owned by Britney. With the disappearance of a teenager and the death of her uncle, law enforcement agencies discovered a twisted sex ring led by Donnie and involving three generations of his family.

True Crime: The new documentary Monster in the Shadows focuses on the disappearance of Brittney Wood, 19, who went missing after visiting his uncle Donnie Holland in 2012.

Mystery: Two days after Britney went missing, Donnie was found in the woods with a bullet behind his head.His death was sentenced to suicide

“If you can’t trust your family, who can you trust?” Britney’s mother, Chessy, wants a three-part series in the trailer.
Missing Brittany Wood mother discusses family incest child sex ring - Texas News Today

A missing teenage mother who exposed child sexual abuse of incest in disappeared Alabama revealed that she continues to look for her daughter in a new true crime documentary. ‘

Premiered at Peacock on August 26, Monster in the Shadows explores the theory surrounding the disappearance of Britneywood, 19, who went missing after visiting his uncle Donnie Holland in 2012.

Two days later, Donnie committed suicide with a gun owned by Britney. With the disappearance of a teenager and the death of her uncle, law enforcement agencies discovered a twisted sex ring led by Donnie and involving three generations of his family.

True Crime: The new documentary Monster in the Shadows focuses on the disappearance of Brittney Wood, 19, who went missing after visiting his uncle Donnie Holland in 2012.

Mystery: Two days after Britney went missing, Donnie was found in the woods with a bullet behind his head.His death was sentenced to suicide

“If you can’t trust your family, who can you trust?” Britney’s mother, Chessy, wants a three-part series in the trailer.
Missing Brittany Wood mother discusses family incest child sex ring - Texas News Today

Thank you for posting this! I think of Brittney often :(

I understood that Brittney's mother, Chessie, was also charged with some child sex offences around the same time? I don't know what happened about those charges, does anyone?

Has anyone watched the series yet? Im working and tried to start it but im yelling at chessie every minute so im going to hold of until after work.
This case has always been a gut punch of horror that children have been subjected to. Yea chessie if you cant trust your family who can you trust?!!

Has anyone watched the series yet? Im working and tried to start it but im yelling at chessie every minute so im going to hold of until after work.
This case has always been a gut punch of horror that children have been subjected to. Yea chessie if you cant trust your family who can you trust?!!
Just finished. Really well done series, believe Chessie that she wasn’t apart or knew anything about what was going on.

I'm with the others above. I can hardly watch without yelling at the dang tv! Ugh. Had to turn it off tonight because CW infuriates me so much. Will watch more tomorrow. Brittney's case is what brought me here. One of the first missing person cases I've followed and absolutely the one I will never forget. Where are you Brittney??

Just finished. Really well done series, believe Chessie that she wasn’t apart or knew anything about what was going on.
Im first episode in and started thinking the same way but man its really hard to forget when this was all unraveling at the time and thinking theres no way ever that most people around this circle of abusers could not have had at least a feeling something bad was going on especially w all the drugs involved and with the direct close blood relatives involved that chessie was that clueless. Id even venture to say it was a generational thing when chessie was a child as well even though she states it started w her mothers boyfriend . I wonder how her mother was so easily swayed to have this happening in her home. Moo.
I do feel that chessie is hurting and thats helped her possibly w her own issues of addiction. She seems much more stable in her thoughts and voice than she did back then. Again all moo.
I literally cried all over again at what those kids have endured. I feel so bad for all of them including the boys.
Eta chessie says the twins confessed to killing Brittney then donnie w the help of a cop then had sex on the bed they killed Brittney on could b true but to me it seems like they'd say anything to hurt and taunt chessie since chessie got away lightly from the rest of the group. Who knows w this group. Just wish we knew where they out Brittney.

Watched the series and I wanted to break my TV listening to the absolute rubbish coming out of Chessie's mouth. A bunch of us followed this and if you read accounts from people that grew up with Brittney and her siblings, there is a MUCH different version of who Chessie was! The series spent too much time on trying to make Chessie look better than on the players in the case IMO.

I hope it opens new doors to new information but Chessie tried to deflect to people like Bradley and Andy and that wasn't helpful. I don't think Scott was innocent, nor do I think she was innocent. I think she spent too much time covering herself. She definitely knew more than she shared IMO.

I have more than 2 cents to share but I'll put my money back in the bank..ha!

Watched the series and I wanted to break my TV listening to the absolute rubbish coming out of Chessie's mouth. A bunch of us followed this and if you read accounts from people that grew up with Brittney and her siblings, there is a MUCH different version of who Chessie was! The series spent too much time on trying to make Chessie look better than on the players in the case IMO.

I hope it opens new doors to new information but Chessie tried to deflect to people like Bradley and Andy and that wasn't helpful. I don't think Scott was innocent, nor do I think she was innocent. I think she spent too much time covering herself. She definitely knew more than she shared IMO.

I have more than 2 cents to share but I'll put my money back in the bank..ha!
I’m definitely open to seeing different sides of the story. This series was obviously geared towards making Chessie look like a grieving mother who was falsely accused and think they did really good job of that.

I thought the show was pretty well done, and it did make me feel more sympathetic towards Chessie and Derek. But it left out so much. Unless I missed it, they didn’t even touch on substance abuse issues in the family, and I think that’s relevant in a missing persons case.

I know this isn't evidence, however, it's stayed with me, with horror-does anyone else remember the pics of Chessie's garden decorated the Halloween after Britney went missing- skeletons emerging from the ground, urgh!

20210901-172036-River%20Road1.JPG

Residents along River Road in the Styx River Community were waiting for officials with the Baldwin County Highway Department on Wednesday, Sept. 1 to inspect and make the road passable.

I saw this on the news last week and it made me think of Brittany.... maybe one day she will be found.

I'm with the others above. I can hardly watch without yelling at the dang tv! Ugh. Had to turn it off tonight because CW infuriates me so much. Will watch more tomorrow. Brittney's case is what brought me here. One of the first missing person cases I've followed and absolutely the one I will never forget. Where are you Brittney??

I remembered the area where DH was found at a different location than the show... well time flys and so does my memory.

Im first episode in and started thinking the same way but man its really hard to forget when this was all unraveling at the time and thinking theres no way ever that most people around this circle of abusers could not have had at least a feeling something bad was going on especially w all the drugs involved and with the direct close blood relatives involved that chessie was that clueless. Id even venture to say it was a generational thing when chessie was a child as well even though she states it started w her mothers boyfriend . I wonder how her mother was so easily swayed to have this happening in her home. Moo.
I do feel that chessie is hurting and thats helped her possibly w her own issues of addiction. She seems much more stable in her thoughts and voice than she did back then. Again all moo.
I literally cried all over again at what those kids have endured. I feel so bad for all of them including the boys.
Eta chessie says the twins confessed to killing Brittney then donnie w the help of a cop then had sex on the bed they killed Brittney on could b true but to me it seems like they'd say anything to hurt and taunt chessie since chessie got away lightly from the rest of the group. Who knows w this group. Just wish we knew where they out Brittney.

I’ve been trying to find the info about the twins confessing to killing Brittany then Donnie. If I remember correctly it was in a letter from another inmate where the twins are in prison at. If you have a link I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for your post!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back