AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As close as BW and DW were said to be, I can't see her staying away after his arrest. The longer that she is missing, the more suspicious I get about what happened from the time that she arrived safely in Grand Bay, if she ever did.

SBM

I'm one of the many that does NOT believe she ever went to GB..Anyone can drop a phone off some place & make it look like what it's not..I can't believe LE is falling for this IF that's all they got!

I hear ya about her BRO but what if she has some damning info/evidence against him that she's afraid she'll have to share with LE? She could lie for him, sure, but what if the victim(s) call her out as a "witness"? I seriously don't believe this is the case, just throwing it out there, cos I've thought from day 1 that Brit is no longer alive :(

SBM

I'm one of the many that does NOT believe she ever went to GB..Anyone can drop a phone off some place & make it look like what it's not..I can't believe LE is falling for this IF that's all they got!

I hear ya about her BRO but what if she has some damning info/evidence against him that she's afraid she'll have to share with LE? She could lie for him, sure, but what if the victim(s) call her out as a "witness"? I seriously don't believe this is the case, just throwing it out there, cos I've thought from day 1 that Brit is no longer alive :(

I'm not convinced she ever went to GB either. The family was told (by their own admission) that DH picked BW up near the home in Tillman's Corner and took her to the Styx River area. They were also told that DH brought BW to Grand Bay (as stated in a video/article about 06/22 and referenced many times here on WS).

Has the reward announcement been made yet? TIA

Do you mean from the $$$ her mom & dad were trying to collect? From a post above I fear they won't get much :(

What about the 'Missing' organizations? I thought some always donate a little something to a reward fund..She is MISSING & under suspicious circumstances no matter what angle LE throws out there! :maddening:

While Lowery and Mobile police spokesman Cpl. Christopher Levy downplayed any link between Brittney Wood’s disappearance and the cases involving her brother and uncles, the situation added more drama to the family’s public narrative.
When she went missing, Brittney Wood had reportedly told her family that she was going to visit her uncle Donnie Holland in the Styx River area. Her cell phone was last used in that area.
Before he could be questioned about his missing niece, Holland killed himself in Fairhope, according to police.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/07/missing_womans_brother_accused.html

SBM

I had thought about her not wanting to testify against her brother, but I don't think that law enforcement would be keen on using BW as a witness to anything. If she has a history of meth use, then she is likely not going to play well in front of a jury. Additionally, she could simply refuse to testify or if she was angry enough, she could get on the stand and sandbag the prosecution's case. All of that aside, I can see her taking off, but not cutting all contact with her family and friends. She could easily get in touch without revealing where she is staying.

But, if we entertain the possibility that BW knows something, then why isn't law enforcement looking for her? Perhaps they aren't looking because she could throw a monkey wrench in their case?

I honestly don't have enough facts to be able to say with any certainty that BW is or is not tied to the sex abuse cases, but law enforcement is saying that she isn't at the moment. And, they are backing those words up with a complete lack of urgency in finding her. I do believe that they are following up on tips, but I assume that they would do that for any open missing persons investigation.

When I take everything into account, I have to agree that there is a high likelihood of BW having been the victim of foul play.

I'm not convinced she ever went to GB either. The family was told (by their own admission) that DH picked BW up near the home in Tillman's Corner and took her to the Styx River area. They were also told that DH brought BW to Grand Bay (as stated in a video/article about 06/22 and referenced many times here on WS).

I am not convinced that BW ever made it to Grand Bay, either. Law enforcement believes that she did, so they must have something to back that up. I would hope that they have more than cell phone pings/ GPS.

Do you mean from the $$$ her mom & dad were trying to collect? From a post above I fear they won't get much :(

What about the 'Missing' organizations? I thought some always donate a little something to a reward fund..She is MISSING & under suspicious circumstances no matter what angle LE throws out there! :maddening:

I have contacted the NCMEC (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) and they said that they would love to add Brittney's case to their files and be able to extend funds, provided in part by the Justice Department and private donations, to help local LE and family search for BW, however, their policy for missing person's over the age of 18 require the investigating LE agency to Flag the case after making its entry with the NCIC (National Crime Information Center). My understanding is that certain members of this family, I would provide a link but this was told to me personally, have contacted MPD but MPD has refused to take the additional steps because they do not feel the BW is missing at all but has run away, for whatever reason, so they are not going to take any further steps until evidence is found or brought forward to cause them to believe otherwise. This is a travesty and I believe it is a mistake on their part. According to the NCMEC, it will not cost LE one red cent to take the next step as it will open the door for NCMEC, and other agencies, to provide funds and resources to help LE and the family search for BW. They don't even have to say that foul play is suspected.

:seeya: Please standby for a new thread opening in a few minutes. This one will be locked for posting when the new one opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288