AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually if anyone is copy and pasting facebook comments that is a :nono: and everyone needs to go back and police their own posts.

Nurse - FYI... the timeline is not direct copy and paste. I manually added dates, times, removed names and have paraphrasing at some point in them. If they need additional editing, please let me know & I'll be happy to rewrite them. ;)

@FBM It cracks me up how your timeline of comments flows right into the arrest records

I am wondering how LE interviewed the last person BW sent the text to. Texts show up as conversations so "remembering" the content of a text shouldn't be an issue unless you delete the text. If one is too high to remember what it said then they would probably be too high to remember to delete it. I don't know anyone who has their settings to automatically delete "old" texts. LE must have interviewed this friend in person and must have at least asked to see the phone. If they have BWs phone/text records then they should know what the text said. Could this have something to do with their lack of interest in searching for BW?

PS: hi Wendy!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

actually if anyone is copy and pasting facebook comments that is a :nono: and everyone needs to go back and police their own posts.
Sorry, I should clarify that the posts were from MSM facebook sites. I *thought* (more like :please:) that we could post those.? :blushing:

I hear "she/he favors/favored" all the time in Alabama....

I think it is more of a southern & regional dialect as well as generational. I've used "favored" before but not often.

My southern "speak" & accent is barely noticeable when I'm speaking than when I'm around others with a thick drawl & colorful phrases. A light switch gets flipped and it is so bad you'd think I'd fallen off the back of a watermelon truck. :floorlaugh:

I may have misunderstood her post, but I thought princesspjs was asking about the "eerily" part..
"...eerily favored"

I think it is more of a southern & regional dialect as well as generational. I've used "favored" before but not often.

My southern "speak" & accent is barely noticeable when I'm speaking than when I'm around others with a thick drawl & colorful phrases. A light switch gets flipped and it is so bad you'd think I'd fallen off the back of a watermelon truck. :floorlaugh:

"Favored" is "country", am I right? I don't mean that in a derogatory way at all; but that's how I've heard Alabamians refer to such colloquialisms. :)

I didn't mean to be so snippety in my last post...but it defeats the point of trying to find this girl when we become so involved and it becomes SO personal that we can't disengage. When it starts to bring drama, I think it's time to step back. Many of us have horror stories; many of us have been horribly abused. I personally spent years in foster care because of such horrific abuse. But talking about my story here is not going to help anyone...it would only re-hash old wounds for no purpose whatsoever. I don't think it's even helpful to try to relate the mindset of a sexually abused girl because every girl is completely different. I think it is solely harmful to those re-telling old, bad tales. The focus here needs to be on Brittney, and not on our personal lives...check all that stuff at the door if it only hinders helpful conversation.
Thanks for listening. :)

Well, I'm southern to the core!!! Watermelon truck and all......................
Now back to our regular scheduled program.....
(I borrowed your saying FBM)
Hi Wendy!!!!!!!!! We're about to get back focused on you now!!
:)

I always say, "what turnip green truck did you fall off of".

WS does not allow c&p of posts and comments from other sites, period. We can c&p snips of allowed published material only.

Exit posts also are not allowed. If you'd rather not post here, then don't. Send pm's to other members to let them know, if you wish. Do not post about it in the thread.

Hi nurse! :) The quotes are directly from WKRG's official new site & their FB site that's linked with their new site. It's not from a personal account. I attached the cached link above so everyone could refer to it directly.

This is a crazy case that's hard to follow for someone new coming into it late in the case. Footballmom did a wonderful job with the timeline. All of us lend special help bc we're all in disbelief at how such a heinous crime(s) could go undetected for so long. I myself wanna smack a few people around just for the sheer fact Brittney didn't attend school past 8th grade - I mean seriously? In today's day & time that's unheard of! This girl was failed on so many levels, so so so many. So everyone's emotions are running high, raw due to the seriousness of the situation. We're all still learning as we go along. Do you have any suggestions that could guide us? You've always posted with a level head. I try to but something about this one is getting to me, to all of us. AstroKitty has lived through many experiences and her knowledge of this underbelly society is invaluable. All of us work very well together most all of the time. We're all respectful for the most part. I think if Brittney had her own section, her case could garner more attention bc each facet could be broken down into their own threads. It sure would be alot easier to follow. Is it possible to do this or not yet?

I always say, "what turnip green truck did you fall off of".

LOL!!! Seriously... :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: ALL Y'ALL are totally cracking me up!!!

Well we grow watermelons, cantaloupes, soy & board cows & horses on my farm. Cantaloupes & cows falling off the back of a truck just doesn't have the same sa·voir-faire. :curtsey:

Nurse - FYI... the timeline is not direct copy and paste. I manually added dates, times, removed names and have paraphrasing at some point in them. If they need additional editing, please let me know & I'll be happy to rewrite them. ;)

Ack, did you say "favored" or did SW? Because if you did, my calling it a "country" thing to say probably sounded super-mean. :( Not that I meant to be mean to SW, either, but...aaaaargh, I give up. :)

Ack, did you say "favored" or did SW? Because if you did, my calling it a "country" thing to say probably sounded super-mean. :( Not that I meant to be mean to SW, either, but...aaaaargh, I give up. :)

Didn't sound mean.

Anyone heard any updates?? I haven't heard anything on the news lately with Isaac coming in, everyone is kinda focused on that. I must say, after doing some fb lurking, I'm starting to change my theory. I just don't know anymore.

Anyone heard any updates?? I haven't heard anything on the news lately with Isaac coming in, everyone is kinda focused on that. I must say, after doing some fb lurking, I'm starting to change my theory. I just don't know anymore.

Mobile area is taking a beating from wind and rain from what I see on the news...starting to rain up here in Montgomery, as well.

I hate to sound hopeless, but I did wonder if this storm would hide Brittney more or uncover her. I do not think she's alive, as much as I wish she were.

Mobile area is taking a beating from wind and rain from what I see on the news...starting to rain up here in Montgomery, as well.

I hate to sound hopeless, but I did wonder if this storm would hide Brittney more or uncover her. I do not think she's alive, as much as I wish she were.

I've been worried what I would do if I lose power!! I'll go nuts if I can't keep up with things online. I, unfortunately, have felt for some time BW is no longer alive. However, after reading posts on fb the last couple of days, I just don't know anymore. Maybe she is just on the run. But how???? Even if DH gave her a one way ticket outta dodge, it has to run out at some point.
I pray for her protection wherever she is. :(

LOL! Trust me... it takes WAAAYYY more than teasing about my southern heritage to ruffle my feathers... I'm the first one in line to make all kinds of jokes about my lineage (that I do love)... Chatty could really roast me if she wanted to!

But to put your mind at ease "county", redneck, white tr@sh, southern belles & gentlemen do use "favored" but again it is primarily within local dialects & generational.

It wasn't too many years ago that we got us some of those fancy mechanical buggies and could travel more than 20 miles in a day. We didn't get to spread our contributions to the English language as rapidly or to as many locations like city folk. :floorlaugh:

Go ahead Chatty... I can hear you laughing at me from all the way over here. :D

LOL! Trust me... it takes WAAAYYY more than teasing about my southern heritage to ruffle my feathers... I'm the first one in line to make all kinds of jokes about my lineage (that I do love)... Chatty could really roast me if she wanted to!

But to put your mind at ease "county", redneck, white tr@sh, southern belles & gentlemen do use "favored" but again it is primarily within local dialects & generational.

It wasn't too many years ago that we got us some of those fancy mechanical buggies and could travel more than 20 miles in a day. We didn't get to spread our contributions to the English language as rapidly or to as many locations like city folk. :floorlaugh:

Go ahead Chatty... I can hear you laughing at me from all the way over here. :D

I'm cracking up - 'bout to wet my britches!
BUT, I won't roast ya.
:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads