AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure how to phrase the money source any other way without coming right out and saying it which I don't want to do. I have a unique habit for getting myself into trouble with TOS. Let me try it another way...

Does DK have a job? From everything we have seen and read he certainly does not appear to be employed. My guess is he receives SSI or some other type of government benefits (allegedly has MS, per one MSM report about the ankle monitoring "snafu"). Call me crazy but I don't think government financial assistance would produce much income above and beyond basic living expenses.

Does DK own a home that he could use as collateral or take out a second mortgage? Nope - at least none in Baldwin or Mobile counties. The mobile home in which he resides is a rental.

Does DK have any immediate family members who own real estate and could afford the bond collateral and attorney fees? By all accounts it appears that he does and in fact they own a significant amount of properties = $$$$$$$$. A quick browse through the Mobile and especially Baldwin County RE records will show that.

When a person is accused of a crime who are the people that stand beside them come hell or high water? Think Anthony & Peterson... I'm not referring to siblings.

All the above is JMO but I maintain the logical conclusion isn't a matter of six degrees of separation but a direct connection for someone without the financial means to someone with the financial means easily available.

I hope that helps AND keeps me out of trouble. :)

I hope that helps AND keeps me out of trouble. :)

The wording of your post is fine, FM. :) The topic is moving into dangerous waters, however, and it would be best if we all back away from it now.

Respectfully Snipped -

Does DK have a job? From everything we have seen and read he certainly does not appear to be employed. My guess is he receives SSI or some other type of government benefits (allegedly has MS, per one MSM report about the ankle monitoring "snafu"). Call me crazy but I don't think government financial assistance would produce much income above and beyond basic living expenses.

RBM - I don't know that this matters, but DK allegedly has MD, Muscular Dystrophy, not MS.

Beck said his client’s wife was prepared to testify that her husband has muscular dystrophy and does not get up in the middle of the night. A woman who lives in a trailer home where the GPS device indicated that Kent went also would testify that he never was there, the attorney said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/judge_declines_to_revoke_bail.html

Respectfully Snipped -

RBM - I don't know that this matters, but DK allegedly has MD, Muscular Dystrophy, not MS.

Beck said his client’s wife was prepared to testify that her husband has muscular dystrophy and does not get up in the middle of the night. A woman who lives in a trailer home where the GPS device indicated that Kent went also would testify that he never was there, the attorney said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/judge_declines_to_revoke_bail.html

Thanks... I meant MD not MS (fast typing fingers) and cannot edit my post now.

PS- if I were CW I would also consider filing (and I pray this doesn't happen, but my gut is starting to tell me Britt will not be found alive and well within the required 7 years) a civil suit for wrongful death against DH and his estate, as well as those convicted of the sex crimes, particularly DK. The bar for a civil ruling is much lower as was demonstrated in the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman case. That is IF she is 100% innocent and has nothing to hide (then again, my gut is starting to believe she is no angel in this and may be doing some covering herself, though I pray not. I just want Justice for Brittney and TRUTH, no matter how ugly.)

I seriously doubt a civil suit will ever be filed. OJ Simpson had assets to pursue. DH and others appear to have nothing. Most lawyers aren't going to file such a suit unless they are going to get paid and they only get paid on a case like that if there is a pot at the end of the rainbow.

You are correct that the burden of proof is lower in a civil suit, but even at this point, you would have to establish death somehow.

Just my 2 cents.

I just realized this thread has gotten really long. I'll post the link to a new one in just a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68