Deceased/Not Found AL - Carla Corley, 14, Birmingham, 12 Aug 1980

Saw her mom posting on a missing boys picture on fb and wanted to read the backstory...how truly awful for her family to have no answers in all this time.

My theory on Carla's disappearance is she had a grand bal siezure that is the results of the chairs and soda bottle on the floor and became disoriented after that in which Carla went outside and disappeared. I do believe that Carla is alive as of December 10, 2015 at the age of 50 and could be in the same state. But.. I wonder why Carla's sister received death threats, could iit be that a friend of Carla was the one who ddidn't want to be found after what happened to her in July of 1980??

A message to Cat: don't be afraid, if you are still searching for your sister.

Hello She was only 14, i came across Carla's photo recently and after reading everything, i was wondering why namus and doe network say that Carla was carrying a brown purse? In the article that is attached in thread #61, it says that Carla took nothing with her. Did Carla know these men prior? Was there one in particular that had any sort of influence over her? At any point in time after her disappearance did that person (if there was one) end up incarcerated anywhere? I apologise if these questions cause upset, It is not my intention. The purse being listed has me thinking. I hope that we can help in any way possible.

carla-corleyjpg-ff0c0a1de62807ff.jpg

still missing: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/09/where_are_they_now_missing_peo.html#4

Does anyone else find her mother's behavior odd?

Do you mean that she didn't tell the older daughter for a few days, if I read correctly? Or that she awoke at 4:30 am? I have to wonder if her mother wasn't already afraid of something.

Poor girl, hope she is found someday....so terrible what she had to go through.

This is so horrific , Inconceivable what the sweet girl went through and how much she suffered, I feel sick from the thought that these monsters who responsible Continue with their lives , 37 years without justice :frown:
every second that these evil criminals can able to breath is a terrible injustice .

Sometime the law
Bound by all sorts of restrictions that prevent justice from being done,
Criminals who make evil acts need to dealt with aggressive pressure, becouse of these restrictions in so many cases that the Law know who are the criminals ending without justice, the criminals use these restrictions to avoid justice,

this is so frustrating for the good people , for the victim's families and I am sure for the Law forces who put so much Efforts to bring justice.

My prayers for Carla and to her loving and Brave sister Cat , I admire her for the endless effort to bring justice for the responsible to the heinous crime against Carla.
I pray for justice for Carla in this year,it's about time!!

Hi there....It's probably nothing but I came across this UID-case. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15342 created in 2016. Although Jane Doe was estimated between 18 - 99, the apartment where they found a skull and mandible was only 11 minutes from the place Carla lived at the time.

An apartment landlord discovered a skull and mandible in a cardboard box inside a filing cabinet in an apartment which a tenant had been recently evicted.
The address where the remains where found. 2325 10th Court South, apartment #10 in Birmingham.

I'm going to send an Email to the Namus contacts, just to draw there attention. (DNA UID is not yet processed) Done.

Edited to remove information about a registered sex offender in the area of Carla's residence. He was in prison at the time of her disappearance.

There was an unidentified female found in Biloxi in November 1980 that resembles Carla (reconstruction compared with photo) but the distinguishing characteristics are pretty specific and I've not seen anything similar in Carla's case.
Est. 19-25 years old
Brown hair, medium length
5'2-5'4, estimated
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Possessed an extra flange for the external pterygoid muscle, which could be caused from playing a wind instrument. Probably right-handed. Had no term nor near-term children at the time of her death. Open metopic suture. Possible pigeon chested and/or humpbacked (may not have been outwardly apparent during life) as indicated by the early fusion of all sternal elements, strong posterior bowing of the sternum, and moderate kyphosis.
Basically, there is an additional "flange" on the muscles in the jaw.
The anterior fontanelle is not closed.
May have been some protrusion of the sternum and/or ribs, or hunched posture, though this may not have been noticeable in life.
The Doe Network: 1066UFMS
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• 1066UFMS1.jpg
    1066UFMS1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Carla Corley.png
    Carla Corley.png
    44 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Spoke with Harrison County this morning about Biloxi Jane Doe 1066UFMS and she's not a match for Carla. BUT we did get the UID added to her R/O list, and she suggested that they update it with as much info as they have so searches for potential matches are slightly more narrow, so that's something, I guess.

There was an unidentified female found in Biloxi in November 1980 that resembles Carla (reconstruction compared with photo) but the distinguishing characteristics are pretty specific and I've not seen anything similar in Carla's case.
Est. 19-25 years old
Brown hair, medium length
5'2-5'4, estimated
The Doe Network: 1066UFMS
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I don’t see that UID on her list, but if there’s DNA for the UID in the system, one could assume that they would have returned a hit by this point. I’m not sure if there is DNA for that UID, though.

I’m attaching Carla’s current R/O list from NamUs. The Harrison County MS UID is the one I inquired about earlier this week.

Hi EmilyHTX, I can't see the rule out list in Namus. Is this UID The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) on Carla's rule out list? (see also #72)

Attachments

• 7143DDCA-9404-4E30-9378-43176FE7A354.jpeg
    7143DDCA-9404-4E30-9378-43176FE7A354.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 9
  • FD047FEE-A05D-497F-9969-D7D88D2204F5.jpeg
    FD047FEE-A05D-497F-9969-D7D88D2204F5.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 9
I don’t see that UID on her list, but if there’s DNA for the UID in the system, one could assume that they would have returned a hit by this point. I’m not sure if there is DNA for that UID, though.

I’m attaching Carla’s current R/O list from NamUs. The Harrison County MS UID is the one I inquired about earlier this week.

I did sent an email to the contacts a long time ago. Maybe there are no identifiers to compare with. It's all to coincidental, geographically, not to make an effort.

It's so unusual to have remains found in someone's apartment and to go this long without any clue as to who the person might be. Certainly they know who the tenant was. I'm curious to know how that investigation went. Who keeps a skull and mandible in a cardboard box in their apartment and leaves it behind when they're evicted? I mean, who would have human remains in their apartment at all but...the whole thing is super odd to me.

I did sent an email to the contacts a long time ago. Maybe there are no identifiers to compare with. It's all to coincidental, geographically, not to make an effort.

It's so unusual to have remains found in someone's apartment and to go this long without any clue as to who the person might be. Certainly they know who the tenant was. I'm curious to know how that investigation went. Who keeps a skull and mandible in a cardboard box in their apartment and leaves it behind when they're evicted? I mean, who would have human remains in their apartment at all but...the whole thing is super odd to me.

As I understood, there were times that people could buy skeletons and all in the USA...maybe still, just for fun...I don't know....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back