AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #5

Actually, having someone who has a bad attitude as a "volunteer" is just more work for staff, who have more than enough work as it is. Carlee has zero to offer DV victims. Personally, just have her hang up clothes at Goodwill or something, where she won't bother anyone.

I agree that 100 hours of jail would have been a better sentence. The community service hours are more of a sentence to whoever will supervise her, INMO.
Is there a zoo in Birmingham? A king size shovel in the elephant habitat would work.

Was it ever established if she was actually at the Red Roof getting food delivery?
It’s probably a ding on my character that I’m even curious. But … there was just always something to me mentally about her with her slippers and shower cap getting DoorDash. Was it ever factually determined if she was there the whole time? Curious.
I personally think that the court should have required her to come clean as to where she was and what she was doing. Whatever happened to telling the truth as part of the confession.
What a joke. We all knew she’d get off with a slap on the wrist.

Was it ever established if she was actually at the Red Roof getting food delivery?
It’s probably a ding on my character that I’m even curious. But … there was just always something to me mentally about her with her slippers and shower cap getting DoorDash. Was it ever factually determined if she was there the whole time? Curious.

Wearing the spa's "missing bathrobe," with the spa's "missing TP" in the bathroom!

jmho ymmv lrr

I dunno folks... this was not a victimless crime.

Where is her personal accountability?

This hoax traumatized hundreds of individuals.

CR faked her abduction while on the phone with a family member where the abandoned phone (line) remained open for family to hear the alleged scuffle with her abductor(s).

CR caused millions to fear a toddler being used as bait for human trafficking...

CR next went on to describe her abductor to police as an orange haired man with a bald spot who twice captured her, and also the woman who helped him strip her naked, and photograph her! She couldn't remember whether or not she was assaulted.

IMO, this slap on the wrist punishment (and especially not having to publicly account for her whereabouts), screams another Sherri Papini (who today is continuing to profit from her own alleged abduction).

I don't see anything here that will discourage a hoax like this from ever happening again. JMO

Bbm.
No not at all. :)
Please don't be too hard on yourself.

I know that I'd like to know , where the heck she hid out at, what she was doing, and who (if anyone) assisted Carlee ?
She should have been made to divulge as part of her ultra-lenient sentence !! :mad:

I don't think anyone else knows except herself ... and maybe family ?
My .02 is lessons needed to be learned, that were not !
What prank might she pull again in the future ?
Omo.

Last edited:
Is there a zoo in Birmingham? A king size shovel in the elephant habitat would work.
Not sure if it's still open, but there was an Elephant Sanctuary in Lawrence County, AL at one time! :)

Actually, I think she should be made to help look for a missing child. This would hopefully open her eyes to the reality of it. I do not feel that she will learn anything from the light sentence she received.

Russell's legal team found the restitution fair but appealed the conviction in an effort to avoid prison time.

Understanding that she made a mistake in this matter, Carlee again asks for your forgiveness and prayers," the statement continued.

Red emphasis mine.

First bolded : Well she isn't facing prison time, is she ?
She should have done some time !

Second bolded : No, a mistake this was not. She committed a criminal act.

Let's hope going forward that any future employer of hers will know about her priors ?
Or is her legal counsel pushing for a total expunging of her record ?
Omo.

Not sure if it's still open, but there was an Elephant Sanctuary in Lawrence County, AL at one time! :)

Actually, I think she should be made to help look for a missing child. This would hopefully open her eyes to the reality of it. I do not feel that she will learn anything from the light sentence she received.

It really wouldn't matter what type of community service she gets. Either she does it with an open heart, and true acceptance and accountability. Or she does it with a bad attitude, grumbling that she "didn't do anything, and doesn't deserve this".

The ones who come humbled and appreciative, move forward. A lot of these folks have burned significant bridges with their actions. And I have had no problem with offering them a professional reference for jobs. That is meaningful for people who have zero references

But someone with a bad attitude? Forget it.

It really wouldn't matter what type of community service she gets. Either she does it with an open heart, and true acceptance and accountability. Or she does it with a bad attitude, grumbling that she "didn't do anything, and doesn't deserve this".

The ones who come humbled and appreciative, move forward. A lot of these folks have burned significant bridges with their actions. And I have had no problem with offering them a professional reference for jobs. That is meaningful for people who have zero references

But someone with a bad attitude? Forget it.
Exactly! I've worked to help felons in the past and learned quickly that most (not all) are looking for a quick fix to their legal issues. As my grandpa used to say......"Gal, you can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make him drink it" I feel like this will be the case with Carlee.

Bbm.
No not at all. :)
Please don't be too hard on yourself.

I know that I'd like to know , where the heck she hid out at, what she was doing, and who (if anyone) assisted Carlee ?
She should have been made to divulge as part of her ultra-lenient sentence !! :mad:

I don't think anyone else knows except herself ... and maybe family ?
My .02 is lessons needed to be learned, that were not !
What prank might she pull again in the future ?
Omo.
I was hoping to hear "the rest of the story" but she probably would have lied anyway.

YES! Little Dash was just left out there on the interstate all by himself. LOL

I was hoping to hear "the rest of the story" but she probably would have lied anyway.
Agreed !
Looks like it's pretty much case closed and we'll never know.
Omo.

Many many years ago when I was little, there was a guy on the radio who had a brief show with that very saying ... Paul Harvey ?
Loved listening to him !

Russell's legal team found the restitution fair but appealed the conviction in an effort to avoid prison time.

Understanding that she made a mistake in this matter, Carlee again asks for your forgiveness and prayers," the statement continued.

Red emphasis mine.

First bolded : Well she isn't facing prison time, is she ?
She should have done some time !

Second bolded : No, a mistake this was not. She committed a criminal act.

Let's hope going forward that any future employer of hers will know about her priors ?
Or is her legal counsel pushing for a total expunging of her record ?
Omo.
I guess I must be telling my age, but I was taught by my parents and family that there is a difference between MAKING A MISTAKE and TELLING A LIE.

From the evidence given, this individual needs to be held to full account. And including jail time and financial restitution as well. The judicial system needs to ensure that this happens. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back