Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
LAUDERDALE Co., Ala. (WAFF) - An employee of the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office and an inmate at the Lauderdale County Detention Center are missing.

According to the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office, Assistant Director of Corrections, Vicki White, and inmate Casey Cole White are missing after Vicki White left with Casey White at 9:30 a.m. on Friday. Vicki White was taking Casey White to court.

The two are not related.

Casey White was being held on capital murder charges.

The vehicle that the two left in was found at a shopping center located at Highway 72 and Cox Creek Parkway in Lauderdale County. It wasn’t realized until 3:30 p.m. Friday that the two were unaccounted for.

In October 2020, Casey White appeared in court asking to be held Lauderdale County Jail. According to authorities, he was plotting to escape Lauderdale County Jail.

If you see either of these individuals, call 911.

66O7YYNUC5BPRFWDY3QRBNZO6U.jpg

Lauderdale County corrections officer, inmate missing

Kinda off topic but not so much...
Reminds me of what the Nurse Manager at the first DOC camp I worked at used to remind us at the monthly staff meetings:

"We come here to make the money, not to find a honey." o_Oo_Oo_O

Assistant Director of Corrections Vicki White was the employee who left the jail with inmate Casey Cole White. The office noted the two have no relation.

The vehicle the two left the detention center in has been located in a parking lot of a local shopping center. Investigators are currently attempting to locate any video in the area which may tell more about what happened.

Another update is expected from the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office by 9:30 p.m. Friday.

Inmate, Sheriff's Office employee missing after leaving for courthouse

Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly says the FBI is assisting with this search as are other state and local authorities.

“I am extremely, extremely concerned that he is not in custody,” said Connolly. “This is a very dangerous situation.”

WAFF 48 is told the two did not have a reason to be out of jail on Friday.

Lauderdale County corrections officer, inmate missing

I don't get the last sentence. Wasn't Vicki taking him to court?

There are only 2 scenarios I can think of right now. 1. He forced her to help him escape or 2. They became lovers and she helped him to escape. Either one is extremely scary. I hope she is found unhurt! JMO

The News Courier reported in April 2019 that Casey White had been sentenced to 75 years in prison after his conviction for two counts of first-degree kidnapping and attempted murder. He was accused of trying to kill his ex-girlfriend and kidnapping her two roommates. He also was convicted of first-degree robbery, first-degree and third-degree burglary, burglary of a vehicle, animal cruelty for shooting a dog and attempting to elude.

He faced capital murder charges in the 2015 murder-for-hire slaying of Connie Ridgeway. She was found dead in her Meadowland Apartments home. Charges in the case were brought in September 2020, WAFF TV reported.

Lauderdale County CO and the capital murder suspect are missing

:eek::eek::eek: He sure has nothing to lose.

Oct. 2, 2020 at 11:02 PM EDT

LAUDERDALE COUNTY, Ala. (WAFF) - Casey Cole White appeared in a Lauderdale County Courtroom today.

While in prison, he confessed to the cold case murder of Connie Ridgeway according to authorities.

He asked if he could stay at the Lauderdale County Jail instead of going back to prison. Authorities say that White was actually plotting to escape the Lauderdale County Jail.

“We got information yesterday that he had made a shank and he intended to escape today and take a hostage,” said Lauderdale County District Attorney, Chris Connolly…

“Our deputies did a great job. Found the shank and eliminated that threat this morning so we obviously aren’t equipped to house somebody like that for that long term in our jail so we are happy that the judge ordered him to go back to the department of corrections,” said Connolly.

Casey White plotted to escape before arraignment, sent back to state prison

I was just about to post the same article, re the 75 year sentence.

The News Courier reported in April 2019 that Casey White had been sentenced to 75 years in prison after his conviction for two counts of first-degree kidnapping and attempted murder. He was accused of trying to kill his ex-girlfriend and kidnapping her two roommates. He also was convicted of first-degree robbery, first-degree and third-degree burglary, burglary of a vehicle, animal cruelty for shooting a dog and attempting to elude.

Tennessee River Valley News

Update: In 2020 he planned an escape by taking a hostage:
“We got information yesterday that he had made a shank and he intended to escape today and take a hostage,” said Lauderdale County District Attorney, Chris Connolly.
He says that they found two shanks in the shower belonging to white before the arraignment. During the arraignment, White pleaded not guilty to both charges by reason of insanity.

I think she is in grave danger, even if she did help him escape.

From reading about him, he would think nothing of getting rid of anyone.

It's the retirement thing that made me think she may helped him.

Yes. You have to wonder why she would risk losing her retirement (pension?)
for a criminal. That's the only reason that gives me pause -- that she wasn't involved with him and willingly helping him. But, as we know, love is blind . . . (If that's the case here.) IMO.

Also, wouldn't he be in cuffs and she would be armed -- ?

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton provided an update on what is known of the situation. The full press conference can be watched at the top of this story.

Singleton said that Vicki White was armed with a 9 millimeter handgun when transporting Casey White. At this time, it is unclear if any other weapons were in the vehicle that the two left in.

Singleton said that Vicki White was taking Casey White to a mental health evaluation. Singleton confirmed that there was not a scheduled mental health evaluation.

Officials provided an update on missing Lauderdale County corrections officer, inmate

O.K. So I just got an Emergency Alert on my phone (I live in Central Alabama, near Birmingham) --

"Extreme alert
Blue Alert - Lauderdale CO white female corrections officer, Vicky White, missing in line of duty. Suspect is a white male, inmate Casey White. Casey White is a 38-year-old white male, 6'6" weighing 252 pounds. Vehicle was located in a parking lot in Florence, AL. Direction of travel is unknown. Call 911 if seen or if you have information.
April 29, 7:27 PM"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members