Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

Status
Not open for further replies.
my DH is retired from the state of AL. When he retired, he chose a reduced amount so that I could continue to draw his pension if he dies before me. It will be for the rest of my life.
Military pension works like this, too. I was not married when I retired but if I had been I would have been automatically enrolled in a survivor benefit plan where they take several hundred dollars out of each check and set it aside for your spouse when you die. It is not optional and the only way to prevent it is for the spouse to sign a waiver.

Given Ms White is not married and has no minor children she wouldn't be eligible for a survivor benefit plan anyway. She has no spouse or dependent survivors. moo

Everyone is imaging that these two made it to a border, likely Mexico. These are not sophisticated criminals. This guy is a long time criminal and she had a 25 year career as a sheriff's deputy in a Southern jail, not some high level cartel members or a deputy in a prison that housed criminal masterminds charged with RICO stuff.

IMO they may be out of State but not far. Hiding in a remote area.

That’s what I think. Within a two-hour drive on main roads. Maybe another hour on smaller roads to go off-grid.

She has experience raising cattle, so I think she would know how to stock up a small farm with everything they’d need for months.

Everyone is imaging that these two made it to a border, likely Mexico. These are not sophisticated criminals. This guy is a long time and she had a 25 year career as a sheriff's deputy in a Southern jail, not some high level cartel members or a deputy in a prison that housed criminal masterminds charged with RICO stuff.
Good point! Just like many thought Brian Laundrie (recent missing persons case) was either in Mexico or Canada, or somewhere thousands of miles away on the Appalachian Trail, when he was found deceased within walking distance from his parent's home . . .

My theory is that they secured a bolt hole, and perhaps had assistance from whatever group he is loosely affiliated with. They are hunkered down. He has to realize that she is worth more to him alive than dead. Someone has to go out for bread and milk at some point. Or maybe they are truly in love.

I hope Vicki makes it through this and gets deprogrammed.

MOO

Mexico might not extradite him but they could her as she isn't facing a death penalty.

What about a private flight from a small airport arranged in another name before she picked him up?
I think the idea of someone with a plane helping them is extremely far-fetched. You could blow a big chunk of your 95k chartering flights and bribing pilots and you'd still likely get caught by flight plans and your pilot giving you up. No way anyone in this case is going to trust a stranger IMO and I don't think Casey had some huge criminal network supporting him, if he did, why use Vicky and her 95k?

Last edited:
Jesse Matthews, an enormous bulky guy with deadlocks, very recognizable, wasn't found until a couple of weeks after the Virginia murder of Hannah Graham.
Only found because a random woman recognized him on an isolated beach in Texas. He wasn't even a bright man, but nearly made it to Mexico.
Jesse Matthew is a good example of this. He fled officers who tried to talk to him in VA on a Sat (before a warrant was issued); officers searched his apartment and issued a Wanted poster for him on a Monday; and the next day a grocery store owner remembered seeing him and got him on surveillance video. They picked him up Wednesday. It’s hard to hide once it hits the news!

Last edited:
She had done the paperwork for retirement but in AL you have an exit interview with the retirement systems before it is official. So she will not be getting her pension. what she WILL get is either a grave or a cell.
I think the retirement was just her way of tying up loose ends. She'd had a job for nearly 20 years, so she let them know she wouldn't be coming in any longer. It's what people do, and I think people generally do things they're "supposed" to do, right up until the very moment they participate in a jailbreak or commit suicide or do whatever wildly out of character thing they do next.

A few people posted about this a ways back, and they linked to the law about this in Alabama, and it sounded like they would legally end her pension due to her actions. If she had been able to make it look like she was kidnapped and later killed, then it would’ve prob gone to any beneficiary.
She is legally entitled to her pension until she pleads or is found guilty to a felony involving her office. Even then, she is entitled to receive all of her contributions plus interest.

I guess that they can pretend that she didn't retire, but I guess they would still be depositing her paycheck into her accounts, which could be a joint account with her mother. And that would include a ton of OT since she disappeared while on the clock.

I would just as soon file her paperwork and start depositing the part of the pension that she is entitled to than keep her on the clock until she is found. In any case it could be moot if she borrowed a large portion from her pension recently.

Could he have threatened to harm someone she cares about and she had not choice but to go long with the escape plan?

How? She was an assistant director with over 20 years experience. It's a tremendous leap of common sense to think she had not dealt with threats previously and knew the protocol for addressing them.

I agree with others above. I don’t think he has a sophisticated crime ring or cartel in the wings. He may have one friend or relative (who could have some sort of a criminal past) who helped. But I’m guessing not even that. Just VW.

I think VW is disciplined and organized, and may have done enough research, to have a decent plan to lay low or even get somewhat out of dodge. And if I were her, I’d use those planning skills to make a play for Mexico. Because unless she stays permanently gone, her number is up. But my money is they stayed more local in a remote mountain area.

I don’t think CW is disciplined though. He is impulsive and careless. And his criminal sprees were sporadic and messy. I am not sure he would realize the benefit she could be to him as the brain and a supplier of food/necessities/$. He may last a few days before he disappoints her and she makes him mad and then he may arrogantly think he can figure it all out on his own.

I'm suspicious of this whole investigation. Lots of people dream of cashing out retirement, selling their home and chilling out on the beach. Often, family responsibilities stop people from actually doing that but VW was single and free to roam if that's what she wanted to do. If someone else "paved the way" for the escape, VW could be the scapegoat. It does look like she was complicit but I'm not convinced we know the whole story. MOO
Vicky sold her home and moved in with her mom 5 weeks ago.

Vicky violated protocol by being alone with that inmate.

Vicky lied about the inmate having an appointment for mental health assessment at the courthouse.

Vicky had control of the situation when she picked up the inmate at the jail. She had a weapon, he did not.

Vicky had access to a decent amount of cash, inmate did not, as far as we know.

Vicky is the only one that could have orchestrated this successful escape.

Some random thoughts…

is CW 6’5” or 6’9”? I’ve seen both. And I don’t agree with all the speculation that 6’5” 252lbs is “huge.” It’s pretty proportional and draws less attention than you’d think. My husband is 6’6” 260lbs and yes he occasionally gets tall comments. But he’s not huge and isn’t a walking circus freak. He doesn’t stand out nearly as much as has been commented here. If he’s seated, you can’t tell his height. Unless he’s standing next to someone, you can’t tell his height. Just my experience.

the retirement timeline does not make sense to me. She put in her paperwork on Tuesday and Friday was to be her last day? Doesn’t it take weeks to get things set up? Bank info, health insurance changes, personnel file, verifying all her employment history. PLUS collecting her keys, passwords, computer, weapons, vehicle, etc. ANDPLUSALSO training her replacement, switching over her work responsibilities to the next person, closing out her files, etc. no one leaves the day after they announce their intention to retire. Something is wonky with that.

I don’t know the real estate market there, but many places are highly inflated right now. Selling below market value is pretty uncommon. Did she say why she was in such a hurry to sell that she was willing to lose out on thousands?

The more recent reports including the flier say 6’9.
That is really noticeably tall. There were three really tall guys in line at a Subway once. I was wondering how tall they were when someone else asked them. They were two brothers and a cousin. They said they were 6’8 and 6’9.

My theory is that they secured a bolt hole, and perhaps had assistance from whatever group he is loosely affiliated with. They are hunkered down. He has to realize that she is worth more to him alive than dead. Someone has to go out for bread and milk at some point. Or maybe they are truly in love.

MOO

This is what I figure is the most likely. Shacking up with an acquaintance somewhat local. Not anyone so closely affiliated that LE would be likely to contact. I would imagine both of them could potentially know enough sketchy characters who might be willing to let them stay, potentially even do all of the errand running, especially if they could offer some cash for the inconvenience.

Camping in any sort of established campground would be too risky. Shacking up in an abandoned house runs the risk of neighbors seeing activity and knowing there shouldn't be activity. I really don't think VW would be stupid enough to try to hop the border since she would have had no way to know how long they had before their absence was noticed. Unless she had a lot of inside help, someone would eventually notice.

The more recent reports including the flier say 6’9.
That is really noticeably tall. There were three really tall guys in line at a Subway once. I was wondering how tall they were when someone else asked them. They were two brothers and a cousin. They said they were 6’8 and 6’9.
I couldn’t agree more. My boss is 6’5” and literally the first thing I said when I met him was to ask how tall he was.

MOO

She’s going to prison. And I would eat my hat if he’s in love with her. No way, IMO.

I'm suspicious of this whole investigation. Lots of people dream of cashing out retirement, selling their home and chilling out on the beach. Often, family responsibilities stop people from actually doing that but VW was single and free to roam if that's what she wanted to do. If someone else "paved the way" for the escape, VW could be the scapegoat. It does look like she was complicit but I'm not convinced we know the whole story. MOO

Lots of people also dream of love, marriage, kids, happiness. She apparently had none of that. 56 and only her elderly mom for company, it appears.

What good is relaxing and retirement when you’re doing it alone and don’t even have a history of a busy family life to want to relax from?

I believe he charmed her. Made her feel special and pretty and loved. Possibly things she has never felt before.

Sometimes it’s just that easy.

Yeah, I admit I’m shocked by it. It’s like a movie. I only know of one other case like it. But I do know of many cases of people doing and risking much worse for “love”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks