Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My money is on the "the prob went to FL" bet, as they would fit in easily/not be noticed.
I don’t think that’s impossible. I do feel like I’d be shooting for a long distance away…even crossing a border. But in planning, they’d have no way of knowing if their absence would be discovered at noon and they’d need to be off the roads by then. So it just depends how big of daredevils they are. Or how good of planners.

If she had another car and a good disguise stashed somewhere down the road, for example, they could’ve gone big and hit Florida by nightfall.

One possibility we haven’t talked about yet, probably because it’s so uncommon and we don’t have much information to support it, is that they could’ve split up I suppose.

I always ask myself what assumptions I might be making. For example, that CW will likely dispose of her at some point. But she has firearm training herself. If things went south, she could also be the one to pull the trigger on him and turn herself in if she wanted to claim to have been coerced. Not saying that tactic would work, but I like to flip things on their heads sometimes.
Appreciate your liking to flip things!!

We have been cycling around that too. Maybe she hoped the plan would at least refund her contributions (but not the whole benefit) to her mother if she was convicted or killed.

I suppose there’s a small chance she hoped officials would conclude she was abducted. And the pension would be there for her mom or, for her, if she claimed to escape after being taken hostage. If that was her schtick though, her gig is up.:)

That's a good point about the possibility that she was retiring so that she could cash out of her retirement. Many government pensions give you that option, I work for the state and have that option when I retire.

That makes some sense, if she thought she could collect that money in the near future, although now we know that it would be highly unlikely.

Woke up to read this. Details about their "special" relationship:
New details emerge about the relationship between an Alabama inmate and corrections officer as search for them continues | CNN

Authorities now believe the inmate and officer had a romantic relationship which extended into Vicky White's non-work hours, according to the sheriff. They traced the relationship back to as early as 2020, when Casey White, who was already serving time in a state prison, was first brought to Lauderdale County for an arraignment, Singleton said.
"As far as we know that was the earliest physical contact they had," Singleton said, noting the pair continued to communicate after Casey White was transferred back the prison.

Woke up to read this.
New details emerge about the relationship between an Alabama inmate and corrections officer as search for them continues | CNN

Authorities now believe the inmate and officer had a romantic relationship which extended into Vicky White's non-work hours, according to the sheriff. They traced the relationship back to as early as 2020, when Casey White, who was already serving time in a state prison, was first brought to Lauderdale County for an arraignment, Singleton said.
"As far as we know that was the earliest physical contact they had," Singleton said, noting the pair continued to communicate after Casey White was transferred back the prison.
Yes! We’ve been talking about this! Sounds like she may have had a deeper attachment to him than anyone realized—which makes the whole thing make sense. I hope they release more details today. Maybe we will see a presser.

Yes! We’ve been talking about this! Sounds like she may have had a deeper attachment to him than anyone realized—which makes the whole thing make sense. I hope they release more details today. Maybe we will see a presser.
Sorry to repost then. I was trying to catch up on the overnight posts and the news on my phone brought this forward. Many sleuthers here are more night owls than I am.

Sorry to repost then. I was trying to catch up on the overnight posts and the news on my phone brought this forward.
Oh no, don’t apologize.:) I’m sure other people are waking up and are happy you posted it in case they don’t go back to the last threads. I’m just excited to hear a little more detail to piece things together more. Hoping more comes out today!

Oh no, don’t apologize.:) I’m sure other people are waking up and are happy you posted it in case they don’t go back to the last threads. I’m just excited to hear a little more detail to piece things together more. Hoping more comes out today!
Same. Wondering about the original discrepancy that is wasn't romantic. Did LE just figure this out? Or are they just releasing more info?
I noticed they believe the orange/copper/red car has most likely been ditched.

Authorities believe Vicky White and Casey White were last in a copper-colored 2007 Ford Edge SUV.

"We know that there was never any effort to go to the courthouse. They went straight to Florence Square parking lot, dumped the patrol car, got in the other vehicle and left," Singleton said.
"We assume they are going to ditch that car at the first opportunity when they get wind that the description is out there, so we're back to square one," he added."

Casey White and Vicky White search: New details emerge about Alabama corrections officer's relationship with fugitive inmate - CNN

Same. Wondering about the original discrepancy that is what romantic. Did LE just figure this out? Or are they just releasing more info?

Authorities believe Vicky White and Casey White were last in a copper-colored 2007 Ford Edge SUV.

"We know that there was never any effort to go to the courthouse. They went straight to Florence Square parking lot, dumped the patrol car, got in the other vehicle and left," Singleton said.
"We assume they are going to ditch that car at the first opportunity when they get wind that the description is out there, so we're back to square one," he added."

Casey White and Vicky White search: New details emerge about Alabama corrections officer's relationship with fugitive inmate - CNN

Yes! In case anyone here didn’t see it too, a story with a brief interview with CW’s mom came out late last night too and she said he had a pen pal (but didn’t say who it was).

Search for escaped north Alabama inmate, corrections officer enters Day 6 —WAFF
<snipped & BBM>
Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly says White later recanted that confession.

We have corroborated parts of that confession and parts we have not. He has recanted that so you know, we think we have a solid case against him. So I mean, we feel confident we will convict him,” said Connolly.

White faces two capital murder charges, one for an act of murder during a burglary and another based on murder-for-hire. But Connolly says that claim is still under investigation.

We have corroborated with the burglary charge based on what we know about the crime scene and so forth. We have not corroborated the murder-for-hire,” said Connolly.

I wonder why she chose her career. Perhaps she had that lonely hearts syndrome going way back. Has a thing for prisoners. Maybe this was her fantasy and she was looking for love within the jail. So when she found an inmate she could dote on (with extra food, time, etc), her fantasy blossomed -- and he saw his golden ticket. All it takes is an admixture of Savior complex, Florence Nightengale and whatever-that-is where women fall in love with the idea of being in love with murderers! Bizarro but it happens. The lady from church with puppies embroidered on her sweatshirt, sending letters to the prison, showing up for visiting hours and court dates. Maybe that's why this woman chose this profession sixteen years ago.

She wanted a bad boy.

Probable? Maybe not. Possible? I think so.

This whole story seems like improbable on steroids. Orange prison jumpsuit, orange getaway car, waddling jailkeep, lumbering giant.

A bad B-movie.

JMO

The more we're learning, the more it seems that this was meticulously planned. I think they are hunkered down with lots of provisions in a bolthole, secured far in advance. I wonder if LE has looked at recent real estate transactions or AirBnB rentals in say a 200 mile radius? Somewhere they could run for on the back roads, a couple hours in whatever vehicle they ended up in. I think they ditched that orange thing quickly. I don't think they'd count on having more than a few hours before someone noticed something. I think they just were lucky that it did take so long.

Vicky recently sold her house and Friday was expected to be her last day with the department as she was set to retire. Her neighbors were shocked she was selling her house, and even more surprised to hear she is possibly involved in Casey’s escape.

Kristi Vickry lives next door and was in jail while Vicky was a corrections officer. She said Vicky was good at her job and always followed the rules.

“She’s going to do her job, she’s going to do it by the books,” said Vickry “She also did that with the other inmates, whenever you did something wrong you would get in trouble for it. (...) I don’t see her taking another inmate and running with him. I just don’t see that.”

Another neighbor, who wanted to remain anonymous, lived next to Vicky for three years.

He described her as kind, quiet and a great neighbor. “She would for anything for you, I would do anything for her,” said the neighbor. “She never got loud, she was just a quiet pleasant lady.”

Search for escaped north Alabama inmate, corrections officer enters Day 6

I've been racking my brain about why they'd go east. Mexico is west, less-populous Mississippi is west, and as you go east towards Huntsville, it only gets more populous.
My thoughts: either they've planned to go to ground around Rogersville, or they're headed for 65. 65 will take them to Mobile and the water or they can cut back west to go to Mexico. If they've swapped cars, they could be deep into Florida or have crossed the border by now.

Or they could go north to TN and he's familiar with parts there. Basically they had about a 6 hour head start in every direction lol

But it's still odd to me 5 days on there have been no reported sightings or publicized video surveillance footage from gas stations yet.

Or they could go north to TN and he's familiar with parts there. Basically they had about a 6 hour head start in every direction lol

But it's still odd to me 5 days on there have been no reported sightings or publicized video surveillance footage from gas stations yet.
Oh interesting. I hadn’t heard he was familiar with parts of TN, but I have been wondering if they’d hide out somewhere where one of them had a little familiarity. Somewhere one of the lived or camped or hunted, for example. TN had a lot of mountains to hideaway in too.

If she was smart, she would’ve rented something weeks ago so it wouldn’t create red flags now.

I’ve been wondering about the gas too. Did they only drive as far as one tank would take them? Did they load up a couple extra gas tanks in the trunk? Did they have some kind of prepaid visa or something that they could use to pay at the pump?

I wonder why she chose her career. Perhaps she had that lonely hearts syndrome going way back. Has a thing for prisoners. Maybe this was her fantasy and she was looking for love within the jail. So when she found an inmate she could dote on (with extra food, time, etc), her fantasy blossomed -- and he saw his golden ticket. All it takes is an admixture of Savior complex, Florence Nightengale and whatever-that-is where women fall in love with the idea of being in love with murderers! Bizarro but it happens. The lady from church with puppies embroidered on her sweatshirt, sending letters to the prison, showing up for visiting hours and court dates. Maybe that's why this woman chose this profession sixteen years ago.
JMO

RSBM
Stated by her mom in one of her posted interviews, Vicky saw an ad in the paper for a job at the jail, applied for it, and has been there ever since...or until she ran off with one of the "guests." Seems IMO to be more of a random career.

RSBM
Stated by her mom in one of her posted interviews, Vicky saw an ad in the paper for a job at the jail, applied for it, and has been there ever since...or until she ran off with one of the "guests." Seems IMO to be more of a random career.
Maybe she started there after the divorce if she needed the income. Do the timeframes line up, do you know?

Same. Wondering about the original discrepancy that is wasn't romantic. Did LE just figure this out? Or are they just releasing more info?

I think the “not romantic” description of their relationship was just bad reporting. It seems like it came from a comment an official made that it was not a “physical” relationship, while explaining that she was giving him special privileges. I took it to mean they don’t think it was sexual, but there was a special bond between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821