Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh interesting. I hadn’t heard he was familiar with parts of TN, but I have been wondering if they’d hide out somewhere where one of them had a little familiarity. Somewhere one of the lived or camped or hunted, for example. TN had a lot of mountains to hideaway in too.

If she was smart, she would’ve rented something weeks ago so it wouldn’t create red flags now.

Not sure if he has connections there or not, but someone posted this link upthread: Escaped Alabama murder suspect has extensive criminal history in Middle Tennessee

My money is on the "the prob went to FL" bet, as they would fit in easily/not be noticed.

We all know "all criminals come to Florida".... BUT she had been dropping hints about Florida and beaches... So, I am still convinced she is a master planner, so I think the Florida statements were meant to be a disguise. And trying to "get out of Florida's penisula" would still be difficult, if ever spotted IN Florida.

I think they would have had to drive west and south to eventually try to get to Mexico. I just think that makes the most sense.

We all know "all criminals come to Florida".... BUT she had been dropping hints about Florida and beaches... So, I am still convinced she is a master planner, so I think the Florida statements were meant to be a disguise. And trying to "get out of Florida's penisula" would still be difficult, if ever spotted IN Florida.

I think they would have had to drive west and south to eventually try to get to Mexico. I just think that makes the most sense.

I suspect that her preferred destination was not high on his priority list. I think he will be calling all the shots.

I wonder why she chose her career. Perhaps she had that lonely hearts syndrome going way back. Has a thing for prisoners. Maybe this was her fantasy and she was looking for love within the jail. So when she found an inmate she could dote on (with extra food, time, etc), her fantasy blossomed -- and he saw his golden ticket. All it takes is an admixture of Savior complex, Florence Nightengale and whatever-that-is where women fall in love with the idea of being in love with murderers! Bizarro but it happens. The lady from church with puppies embroidered on her sweatshirt, sending letters to the prison, showing up for visiting hours and court dates. Maybe that's why this woman chose this profession sixteen years ago.

She wanted a bad boy.

Probable? Maybe not. Possible? I think so.

This whole story seems like improbable on steroids. Orange prison jumpsuit, orange getaway car, waddling jailkeep, lumbering giant.

A bad B-movie.

JMO
IIRC, there was an interview with her mom who said that VW never intended to go into LE/corrections, but when a friend told her they were hiring she applied and ended up sticking with it. I'm not sure which article has that snippet, I'm sure someone else with a better memory than me can recall better!

Same. Wondering about the original discrepancy that is wasn't romantic. Did LE just figure this out? Or are they just releasing more info?
I noticed they believe the orange/copper/red car has most likely been ditched.

Authorities believe Vicky White and Casey White were last in a copper-colored 2007 Ford Edge SUV.

"We know that there was never any effort to go to the courthouse. They went straight to Florence Square parking lot, dumped the patrol car, got in the other vehicle and left," Singleton said.
"We assume they are going to ditch that car at the first opportunity when they get wind that the description is out there, so we're back to square one," he added."

Casey White and Vicky White search: New details emerge about Alabama corrections officer's relationship with fugitive inmate - CNN

I think there was a difference in definitions.

At one point, it was: “no evidence that it was a physical relationship,” and that got translated into “wasn’t romantic.”

In fact, I think that a non-physical relationship could inspire passionate emotions, (and a desire to consummate the relationship some place other than a broom closet.)

MOO

Last edited:
it's in the video at 2:14
View attachment 342450

Thanks. New info I hadn't heard: VW checked into a hotel a week prior to the escape and in addition to the $10k award for info leading to arrest of CW, there's now a $5k award for VW.

Also, the Edge purchase was leaked on social media and the sheriff sounded dismayed because they wanted to hold onto that for another day or two before it was released.

They seem to. VW ex mother in law said they divorced about 16-17 years ago and we know VW has been at the jail for 16 years.
I know I was only kidding before, but maybe she was running contraband at the jail the whole time. No way she would get the job if she was married to a heavy druggie, so perhaps the divorce was out of convenience?

I think there was a difference in definitions.

At one point, it was: “no evidence that it was a physical relationship,” snd that got translated into “wasn’t romantic.”

In fact, I think that a non-physical relationship could inspire passionate emotions, (and a desire to consummate the relationship some place other than a broom closet.)

MOO
Yes! I just posted something similar.

Most of this is familiar, but there’s a couple of points that are new.

News Story

Early on, I’d wondered if CW’s ‘confession’ was triggered by inside knowledge he learned from a fellow prison inmate who’d come from the Lauderdale jail. Perhaps, talk that it was loosely run, and that there was someone there, (VW,) who was susceptible to flattery, and would make life easier for you. And CW heard that and started thinking ‘escape.’

just my speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member