Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

5/9/22

Singleton said Casey White surrendered to police, and Indiana authorities confirmed Vicky White was taken to the hospital with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Vanderburgh County Coroner Steven W. Lockyear said Vicky White died at 7 p.m. at Evansville Deaconess Midtown Hospital on Monday night. Her autopsy will be performed on Tuesday.

I'm so sad for her mother, nephew, and family. And for her coworkers, too. Sounds like no one ever expected this from her. I have a very hard time feeling sad or any kind of feeling towards CW, but I will say if he really loved her witnessing her death like this is traumatizing. Given the fact that he has committed horrific crimes in the past and has shown no regard for human life or decency, who knows how this will impact him emotionally. This did not end at all how I thought it would. Just mostly so sad for her poor momma. And her dog. Can't forget that little baby.

Extremely relieved that this manhunt has ended, and no innocent people were harmed, but...can't help feeling a sadness that this saga happened. Whatever led VW to this is sad. She could have been planning for her beach dream now, and looking forward to meeting other retirees if she was lonely.
And I just feel devastated for her poor mom.

I’m so angry about this horrid choice she made, but surprisingly I’m feeling very sad that she died.

It’s just such a waste.

Not blaming gender, no bias, it’s just that his life was already a waste. She could’ve gone in any other direction.

Her poor mom.
I feel so bad for her Mom. It is a waste. He was never getting out of jail anyway.

I'm so sad for her mother, nephew, and family. And for her coworkers, too. Sounds like no one ever expected this from her. I have a very hard time feeling sad or any kind of feeling towards CW, but I will say if he really loved her witnessing her death like this is traumatizing. Given the fact that he has committed horrific crimes in the past and has shown no regard for human life or decency, who knows how this will impact him emotionally. This did not end at all how I thought it would. Just mostly so sad for her poor momma. And her dog. Can't forget that little baby.
Well said

We haven't heard much about friends or family other than her mother, although there was one photo of her and a younger woman that looked like she was at a graduation of sorts. In the photos of her house up for auction, she had tons of framed photos on a bookcase of sorts that looked to be of people, so this makes it even more sad that she was obviously into her family and friends to have framed shots of them on display! :-(

Escaped fugitive Casey White announced that his "wife" shot herself as authorities closed in on him and Vicky White, the corrections officers accused of breaking him out, a U.S. Marshals Service officer said.

His "WIFE". Dear Lord, when did they fit that ceremony in? I am so far behind, I'm reading and reading, I apologize for not liking everyone's input. GREAT JOB ALL!!!!!
This guy now gets to make his own narrative of what happened, placing more blame on her. Yes, I think she is guilty but he played the bigger part in this. IMO

I'm just left wondering, what was the point of all this? She had to know that eventually they were going to get caught.
That's one reason why I wanted her captured alive. I have so many questions, and this guy isn't likely to answer them, at least truthfully.

Where did you go? What were you thinking? What was the end game?

Also - on the wife use-of-phrase/technicality thing - I often see, and have personally lived, romance where a man calls a woman his wife without the decree or ceremony. I expect jailhouse call recordings might come out where they were calling each other wife and husband some time ago. He didn’t kill her and by historical accounts didn’t have a conscience adverse to the idea of doing so. I think they believed they were some fated love, maybe she believed it more than he did, but I think him coming out of the flipped car saying that is illustrative of what most likely defined that relationship. Something to consider.

Sorry but I'm not buying that she is a victim.So what if she didn't have a great love of her life?I haven't and many women don't and survive without a man in their life.I'm sorry she is dead as I am for anyone who is dead but her behavior of letting a dangerous man on the street could have led to the death of many innocents.

She knew she was going to prison and that it would be worse for her because she was a prison guard.
At least he's back in custody.
She was days away from enjoying retirement, and she traded that in for the stress of days on the run, and ultimately, an early death. Mind boggling.

Strangely I'm not feeling much 'sadness' except for the effects on their families of course, but isn't that the case for all criminals? Tbh it's mostly relief no innocent people were hurt and they very well could've been. His ex that feared for her life because of him will probably sleep a whole lot easier tonight.

Trying to be objective, I don't for a second believe there would be the same almost sympathetic reactions to a middle-aged male prison guard aiding and abetting the escape of an inmate who was up for murder charges.

Sorry but I'm not buying that she is a victim.So what if she didn't have a great love of her life?I haven't and many women don't and survive without a man in their life.I'm sorry she is dead as I am for anyone who is dead but her behavior of letting a dangerous man on the street could have led to the death of many innocents.
And what a selfish thing to do to her elderly mother.

Whew! IMO we will be hearing more as details unfold. Puzzling about the shooting part. He will never see the sunset again. With all that planning, makes you wonder how they thought they could live the good life...free.

She stole lethal weapons and took them to a convicted felon who admitted to murder of one woman and implicated in the gunshot murder of a second.

I don't feel any sympathy at all.

The instant she took weapons to him she crossed over a line and a violent death was in the cards.

Either by him, by LE or by her own hand.

I am just thankful that no other people (that we know of right now) were harmed by the actions of these two criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23