Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it’s good that they got CW off of the streets but it is sad that VW took the route that she did.
I guess CW just filled her head with all kinds of crazy ideas. It could be that the death of her husband affected her in such away that she just couldn’t get over it , although they were divorced she still loved him and continued to help his mother look after him.Parkinson’s is a tough disease.
This may have already been mentioned, I’m several pages behind. It’s my understanding that she was divorced from her husband and had been for quite some time, but did help during his last days. That’s from a (supposed) few interviews with her former mother-in-law.

We were so sure that this was well planned and that they would be off the grid and well hidden for a good period of time.

How wrong were we??? Lol

It seems that they may have had a bit of a plan but that unravelled quickly.

Buying 3 vehicles and then leaving them in conspicuous places is a head scratcher for sure.

Evansville, Indiana. Huh. Why there? Why a motel? Why stay there and not keep moving? They could have been far away by now. They had the means but I guess no real plan unless someone decided to change the plan.

MOO
Possible they were starting to wear down from being on the run? Especially if the original getaway car broke down literally a few hours after she broke him out. What a kick in the high morale that must have been. Having to make continuous stressful decisions on the fly could have added to the need to just give up on the constant vigil.

Possibly also they realized LE was about a week behind in finding evidence and they became complacent, wanting to stay in one play to enjoy each other's company in a sort of normal kind of way. All JMO

So the Anderson Cooper CNN interview, U.S. Marshall Martin Keely claims that Vicky had somewhere between 60,000
and 90,000 on her person. He also stated that she withdrew money from various bank accounts. It is not adding up that that he thinks it is between 60 and 90 thousand. Yes, I realize that she stayed in hotels, ate, purchased vehicles and whatever else.
But Vicky's Mother-In-Law said that Vicki was frugal and saved a substantial amount of money.

So my opinion is she would have had a lot more than that.

She could have squirreled away a large amount of cash in her freezer instead of putting it ALL in the bank knowing she was planning the escape for who knows how long.

I still want to know how she managed to purchase her home in 2014 for $1000.
Yes, I agree with you. She had a huge amount of money saved up. She had no mortgage. Even though she sold her home for half its valueE, at least she made good money only paying $1,000 for her home property. Thank you for that info.

Edited to add: of course if amount paid is correct, even so possibly no mortgage for some time.

Last edited:
What amazes me is that there was all that cash taken out, and all the expert planning for the day of the escape, which went off without a hitch — and then they wind up stealing a car, staying at a motel in Indiana, going to the car wash. What exactly was the plan?
Right?!! So difficult to understand the reasoning behind their choices, especially with the rumors that she may have been planning this for a very long time. It's like they escaped together and got out on the road maybe never intending to even make it that far? Everything they did afterwards was a mess and not at all what I had imagined. Almost as if they said "well, what do we do now?". I totally believed this was a well thought out and prepared for situation. I thought she planned this to the last detail with aliases, money, and vehicles stashed along the route leading them to where they would be hidden away in some remote property she had purchased in the middle of nowhere. I had her having stashed supplies and food, medications, everything. This really did surprise me with how it ended and finding out they were at a motel across the street from the sheriff's dept!! What. The. Heck. Hanging out at the carwash with cameras and in plain sight of the public including officers is not at all where I expected them to be. I believed she was smarter than that.

So oddly this ended exactly like many of expected but at the same time not at all like we expected. I don't know what to think, and I'll keep following this case.

I hope he genuinely cared for her and will live the rest of his days wondering if it was all worth it.

I don't think CW treated women well in general. One girlfriend ended up dead while with him. Ans one ended up kidnapped ECT.

While in prison/jail I'm sure he was a little lamb around her. She had the power. Once out I wonder how quickly that changed and she realized the man she broke out had little in common with the man on the inside.

I think she realized how stupid she was and couldn't face her family, mom, coworkers, church or community.

Just a thought.

IDK it’s probably just a coincidence but I have pondered whether he admitted to the murder of CR to get out of prison knowing he was in for 75 years. Knowing he would be transferred to co. jail to meet with lawyers. Better chance of escape, which failed once and was successful the secong time.

Jmo

Could he have read about CR’s murder while in prison.

Jmo

IDK it’s probably just a coincidence but I have pondered whether he admitted to the murder of CR to get out of prison knowing he was in for 75 years. Knowing he would be transferred to co. jail to meet with lawyers. Better chance of escape, which failed once and was successful the secong time.

Jmo

Could he have read about CR’s murder while in prison.

Jmo
It occurred to me that VW may have filled in CW on secret details about CR’s murder so that CW’s confession would seem credible. MOO

Also had the thought that VW may have been depressed and suicidal from the outset, and maybe the whole thing which began April 29 was just a slow suicide which took 11 days to complete.
This is my take. It explains throwing away her pension and selling her home for so little. It makes me wonder if her relationship was ok with her mother…did she leave any money behind for her? Or did she take it all for herself? She knew she wasn’t going to survive.

The “long suicide” idea also explains why they didn’t hide better, maybe. Well, it explains her…probably not him. Unless maybe he has a mild mental disability to where he was literally just following her ideas.

Just thinking out loud… it doesn’t seem like Vicky was online a whole lot. No social media to speak of. Store purchases rather than Amazon shopping. Maybe she genuinely didn’t think of reserving on VRBO or AirBNB or understand how it worked. Maybe hotels were all she knew. Did she even go on vacations? Maybe the hotel in Evansville was the first one that was willing to accept cash so they decided to stay put for awhile….? Just trying to think about a woman who lived in a small Alabama town and grew up there all her life and didn’t have much family. Maybe didn’t travel much. I guess it might be difficult to plan a decent escape if you have limited traveling and online reservation experience. MOO

BTW how and when did she buy her home for $1000?????

It occurred to me that VW may have filled in CW on secret details about CR’s murder so that CW’s confession would seem credible. MOO
Yes, that is a theory discussed here for quite a while as a way for VW to have prompted CW's return from prison to the Lauderdale County jail.

One twist is that CW's confession would not have automatically remanded him from the prison to jail. His attorneys could have met with him there. Prison rules about electronic devices are speculated to have prevented that, thus his return to jail. At the time of the escape, he was soon going to be sent back to prison while awaiting trial in June.

And he was/is going to trial despite having recanted his confession to the murder on the basis of mental illness after returning to jail custody.

MOO

Cant believe some of you judge her.. like you walked in her shoes and know her pains. You don't.
VW appointed herself judge and jury when she helped a dangerous criminal escape. She has had years of training for self-defense and how to not succumb to the manipulation of the inmates. VW made a choice, the escape had been planned for weeks at least giving her time to change her mind. She through her whole life a way for confessed murderer. I am sorry for her family.

At 10 last night they said he was being questioned and cooperating. So they must have had him in an interrogation room for several hours. He was booked in the middle of the night. He must have sung like a bird. Hopefully todays PC gives more insight into how long they were planning this and how it all started. At least, his version which is all we will ever know.

dbm
It's probably gonna take years to sort out her pension situation, unless the State or police pension fund capitulates and just pays it out to someone (if there's a qualified individual to pay out to even). maybe if there's a vested lump sum due to VW they would simply pay out to her estate and then it would get distributed via probate, or if she had a will to whomever she designated in her will.

The more immediate payment to her survivors would be any life insurance still in effect as of today. No doubt she had some sort of partially or fully employer paid life insurance policy--don't think you're going to be employed in a job with some level of personal danger and not have such a policy. She also might have had a life insurance policy through the police union, that would likely still be in effect beyond her term of employment, provided she paid the premiums. And then any personal, private life insurance she might have taken out on her own independent of her job or union.

It will be interesting to see who is the current beneficiary of any or all of those policies.

I don't think life insurance policies cover suicide, if that is determined to be the cause of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member