Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the world she lived in.

It's the world she worked in. Her off-duty life could have been anything else had she chosen to do so.
She was at this job 25+ years. Crickets. Let’s see if any others come out of the woodwork. Unless they do … I think we are close to being able to say this is the one time she crossed that boundary.

I'm pretty sure you can only jailbreak a prisoner once if you are a deputy corrections officer.

People might get a little bit suspicious of you after that, no?

Sundog, from seeing your posts over time, it's obvious that you are a kind person and you give everyone the benefit of a doubt.

I personally have no patience with the sheriff when his comments prove hurtful to Vicky's mom, brothers, nephew and friends. He is supposed to be a professional and his grief does not trump the hurt that Vicky's family is feeling. He needs to dig deep and govern his comments to professional statements that can be backed up by proof which is not available yet. MOO
Yes, I agree. And he should be retraining or reprimanding some of the other employees that broke protocol that day as well. MOO

I just cannot get my head around her motive. Did she really plan to break him out of prison in order for them to end it all by having a shoot out with LE?
I can understand a love affair thing but never a shoot out! All I can think about is blaze and glory? Exciting ? Suicide by cop?
Mental illness? Wonder what her mom thought when she sold her home? Did she sell a car too? Never mentioned

Though we all here kept saying we hoped for an early capture....
We all have been captivated by this one, and probably some of us, secretly, wanted to keep seeing them evade LE. It is our voyeurism that has us in a state of grief. Sometimes the greater story is with the consumer of horrible crimes.
We will get over it, but for the moment, I think so many of us all feel sad.
My gosh. Not me. I couldn’t wait for them to be captured. Casey White is a malignancy on the planet. A terrifying psychopath. Every minute of freedom for him was a minute that an innocent life somewhere was at risk.

Vicky White was a troubled and selfish soul. She did something profoundly criminal and dangerous in order to experience thrill. I’m sorry her life was terrible. And I feel empathy for her about that. But once she decided to go rogue and put her desires over the welfare of others, she became one of the bad guys. She may have thought they were Thelma and Louise but they weren’t.

Her death is not surprising to me. I just thought it would be at Casey White’s hands. Not her own. I’m so relieved no one else got hurt because to me that was an eventuality. Not just a possibility.

I can understand a love affair thing but never a shoot out! All I can think about is blaze and glory? Exciting ? Suicide by cop?
Mental illness? Wonder what her mom thought when she sold her home? Did she sell a car too? Never mentioned
Cant wrap my brain around it. Her being in LE but wanted to take some LE out on her way down. She of all people would know how dangerous that would be.

Like you I can understand a misguided love affair ,but a planned shoot out is beyond my comprehension.

I had really expected her to have planned a hide away somewhere off the beaten track and to have had some sort of longer term plans ,but I now do not think they had long term plans to remain free. I think they wanted a conflict situation with a show down with the LE.

Possibly this has already been floated as a hypothesis earlier on this lightning-fast thread, so apologies if it’s not a new idea—but have we considered that they may have married in an effort to ensure spousal privilege if/when either was (or both were) apprehended? In AL it looks like the whole process of getting legally married could be completed without ever having to appear face to face with anyone other than a notary (the couple just fills out a form, gets it notarized, mails it into the county Probate office with the required filing fee) so theoretically they could’ve gone this route if they found themselves an unwitting notary…Just a hypothesis, though!
Since they were both criminals, they both had a fifth amendment privilege against self-incrimination. They didn’t need spousal privilege.

Like you I can understand a misguided love affair ,but a planned shoot out is beyond my comprehension.

I had really expected her to have planned a hide away somewhere off the beaten track and to have had some sort of longer term plans ,but I now do not think they had long term plans to remain free. I think they wanted a conflict situation with a show down with the LE.
Sure seems that way.

I am frankly surprised that CW called VW his wife.
All along I have been sure this guy was manipulating VW, using her for his own purposes...freedom, and that he would likely discard her at some point while on the run.

So did he genuinely have affection for her? Did he care about her, love her?

Or did this come out of his mouth with some other purpose? If so, what? Money, the estate? What benefit would that be while he's in prison for the rest of his life? Spousal privilege in a trial? Maybe.
Some sort of sympathy seeking for this tragedy? Not likely.

Almost every single thing a psychopath like this says or does has some selfish motive, IMO.

<modsnip>

A malignant narcissist manipulated a lonely woman who had a more questionable moral code than most thought. He didn’t love her and she didn’t care who was hurt by what they did. That’s my opinion of the stark reality of this “romance”.

IMO, that’s it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In retrospect, we all gave VW and CW way too much credit for intelligence and planning. They had the escape well planned, but after that few of their decisions made sense. The only thing I give them credit for is paying cash for the cars and hotel.

It will be interesting to find out how they spent $60,000 cash. I do suspect some of the cash was used before the escape. The only major purchase I can think of after the escape was $6,000 for the truck and the purchase of the Cadillac. The Cadillac looked to be a nice car and probably set them back a pretty penny. I'm sure the Caddy had ample leg room for CW and a nice big trunk. I can imagine VW wanted to treat CW to something nice. Their thinking must have been that a nice Cadillac would be the last car LE and the public would be looking for, which is true.

Then they parked it outside a flea bag motel. Did they not think it would stick out there?

Had they remained on the run, I wonder what their next move would have been after their 14 day motel stay in Evansville ended? They had already spent the majority of their cash. How and where did they plan to live? Food, lodging and incidental expenses?

What were the two cell phones for? I would love to know the call history on those phones. Did they call others? I'm sure they also used them for internet access to see if LE was on their trail.

Oh, so many questions....

JMO

And all for what? She's dead. Her family is devastated and thrust into a blinding spotlight. Money wasted, reputation squandered, a debris field of victims. A hotel with unwanted stigma, car owners forever connected to this mess.... no additional lives lost, thankfully, but livelihoods in jeopardy, worldviews corrupted.... "the Vicky we know wouldn't do this." And now she's gone, leaving a swath of grief behind her.

CW back in custody where he belongs.

I don't see the glory.

JMO
There is a bizarre, and bittersweet, irony to all of this.

Vicky White, by all accounts a decent and caring human being with a spotless personal and professional reputation until April 29th, ends up dead...and Casey White, serving a 75-year sentence and possibly the recipient of a future death sentence, is still alive with only minor injuries.

@BrianEntin

This is the motel where Casey and Vicky White stayed in Evansville. Manager insists they are not the ones who checked in. He says someone else checked in for them. Only says it was a “local guy.” Says police told him not to give out name.

Sheriff says it was a homeless man Vicky and Casey paid to rent the room

Attachments

• B170681B-E0BD-4F4B-BBFD-A73C96FE472D.jpeg
    B170681B-E0BD-4F4B-BBFD-A73C96FE472D.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
My gosh. Not me. I couldn’t wait for them to be captured. Casey White is a malignancy on the planet. A terrifying psychopath. Every minute of freedom for him was a minute that an innocent life somewhere was at risk.

Vicky White was a troubled and selfish soul. She did something profoundly criminal and dangerous in order to experience thrill. I’m sorry her life was terrible. And I feel empathy for her about that. But once she decided to go rogue and put her desires over the welfare of others, she became one of the bad guys. She may have thought they were Thelma and Louise but they weren’t.

Her death is not surprising to me. I just thought it would be at Casey White’s hands. Not her own. I’m so relieved no one else got hurt because to me that was an eventuality. Not just a possibility.
^^^^^THIS RIGHT HERE!!!

In retrospect, we all gave VW and CW way too much credit for intelligence and planning. They had the escape well planned, but after that few of their decisions made sense. The only thing I give them credit for is paying cash for the cars and hotel.

It will be interesting to find out how they spent $60,000 cash. I do suspect some of the cash was used before the escape. The only major purchase I can think of after the escape was $6,000 for the truck and the purchase of the Cadillac. The Cadillac looked to be a nice car and probably set them back a pretty penny. I'm sure the Caddy had ample leg room for CW and a nice big trunk. I can imagine VW wanted to treat CW to something nice. Their thinking must have been that a nice Cadillac would be the last car LE and the public would be looking for, which is true.

Then they parked it outside a flea bag motel. Did they not think it would stick out there?

Had they remained on the run, I wonder what their next move would have been after their 14 day motel stay in Evansville ended? They had already spent the majority of their cash. How and where did they plan to live? Food, lodging and incidental expenses?

What were the two cell phones for? I would love to know the call history on those phones. Did they call others? I'm sure they also used them for internet access to see if LE was on their trail.

Oh, so many questions....

JMO
It's the craziest thing. I assumed that, having planned the escape and procured at least one of the getaway vehicles in advance, that VW would have secured a suitable short-term hideout and stocked it with enough supplies to hold them over for a month. She had the money to do so, but failed to set them up. Don't get me wrong, I was not hoping that they would remain undercover for long. I wanted that desperado to be captured and returned to prison. It's just that I did not expect them to make such dumb mistakes. I keep going back to Tad Cummins who evaded LE for 38 days. I thought these two would fly under the radar 6-8 weeks for sure. I am glad that no LEO lost his/her life in the capture, but still sad for Vicky, who I perceive as both victim and conspirator.

Years ago, in high school, in an English class, we read a short story called "The Outcasts of Poker Flat". We had to tell the theme of the story, which was: there's a bit of good in the worst of us, and a bit of bad in the best of us." For some reason, that theme has stuck with me throughout my life and still resonates. There was some bad in Vicky, although she had an exemplary career. There is a bit of good in Casey, although he is a career criminal. He called her "his wife". And I most certainly don't want to romanticize these two, but the theme of that story holds true to me. JMHO and RIP Vicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy