Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the last part of his statement that, to me, nullifies the care he had for her. Would most people tack on “and I didn’t do it” to a plea trying to get help for a person they cared about? Maybe I’m overthinking it but that portion of his sentence makes me uneasy. Jmo
Maybe given that he was present for a previous "suicide" of a woman he was involved with, he felt the need to add the disclaimer. However, I agree that it does sound very odd to add that part.

I'm surprised they took him back to the samw jail. I mean for his safety. Not that I particularly care about that but it still weird that he's there with her co-workers who are reportedly upset about her death.

He will not remain there. They are taking him to another location immediately after arraignment. According to the sheriff.

It’s the last part of his statement that, to me, nullifies the care he had for her. Would most people tack on “and I didn’t do it” to a plea trying to get help for a person they cared about? Maybe I’m overthinking it but that portion of his sentence makes me uneasy. Jmo
I think of a kid… maybe with a little sister…. And maybe he pushes her sometimes or whatever… but then sister skins her knees and the kid goes running and says, “Mommy! Sister fell down! I didn’t do it!” The child wants help for Sister but knows he is likely to be blamed, so wants to get his innocence settled up front.

Three big mistakes:
Loitering with the pickup in a car wash with video. (worker or manager would notice a car not being washed and staying around for hours (which happened)
Not changing the license plates on that pick up. (Invites curiosity)
Buy a Cadillac instead of a generic used car. (Cadillac sticks out like a sore thumb in a cheap motel parking lot)

If not for the above, they would still be honeymooning in the motel tonight, and on their way to wherever when they were ready.

Autopsy has not been released. Suicide COD was stated by LE.
No, this statement is false. LE does not rule on the cause/manner of death. This is determined by the ME or Coroner. It was previously reported on Monday that the autopsy would be performed on Tuesday.

Vanderburgh County Coroner Steve Lockyear said in an email to The Associated Press that an autopsy was completed on White. The manner of death has been ruled a suicide.

Last edited:
Jumping off this post since the link to the video is included.

The second video is when they were arresting CW after the crash. It is interesting that he keeps looking back, he can't stop, and wish we could hear what he was saying. I think he is looking back for Vicky.

The third video is of the attempt to extricate Vicky after she had shot herself. Because she still has the gun in her hand and is breathing, as others have just posted, it takes them a fair amount of time to get the gun from her hand and extricate her, for their own safety. It will be a hard video for her family to watch, but they scrambled the images that would be difficult to see. It is very solemn, when you consider that it is close to the end of her life, sad and solemn.

edited for spelling
After watching the video, I feel like you can hear CW saying something like "please help my wife is she ok? " and he sounds fairly distressed.

I almost feel like she had her finger on/close to the trigger and it went off when they were rammed.

Interesting….the camping gear does at least show the idea had occurred to them of hiding out, whether in woods or actual campgrounds. So they knew they’d be safer and spend less $$ than at the motels. But here too they’d encounter problems such as needing permits and ID. If they just pitched a tent in some wild woods it could attract police as it’s illegal. ……the fact that they had only $29 thousand left is really, really bad….
Yes I’m so intrigued as to WHEN they got the camping gear. It just seems so weird that it appears they were playing it by ear.

I know a lot of people think that the first escape vehicle— the orange Edge - just had to be staged and not truly broken down, but now I’m wondering if it truly was an unexpected stroke of bad luck that determined their next moves.

I don’t think they really had a destination in mind for sure.

Knowing that CW had a history of committing car jackings, I can imagine VW telling him not to risk stealing a vehicle, that she had plenty of money to buy one.

WHAT was she thinking??
And where did all that money go?
JMO

Three big mistakes:
Loitering with the pickup in a car wash with video. (worker or manager would notice a car not being washed and staying around for hours (which happened)
Buy a Cadillac instead of a generic used car. (Cadillac sticks out like a sore thumb in a cheap motel parking lot)

If not for the above, they would still be honeymooning in the motel tonight, and on their way to wherever when they were ready.

Another mistake is potentially the motel itself, which the Sheriff's office was less than a mile away.

I suppose soon we will be hearing about the repatriation of VW's remains to her family in Alabama so that they can give her a proper burial. It won't be easy for the family, as there are so many crazy people out there these days on social media etc. who will make it hard for them to handle these arrangements, whatever they choose to do.

No, this statement is false. LE does not rule on the cause of death. This is determined by the ME or Coroner. It was previously reported on Monday that the autopsy would be performed on Tuesday.

Vanderburgh County Coroner Steve Lockyear said in an email to The Associated Press that an autopsy was completed on White. The manner of death has been ruled a suicide.

Here's a link that tells us what cause of death and manner of death means.

• Cause of death: natural disease or injury that led to physiologic changes resulting in death
    • Acute event (e.g., motor vehicle collision, gunshot wound to the head, sudden death in previously healthy individuals)
    • Chronic event (e.g., complications related to atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, malignancy, etc.)
  • Manner of death: circumstances surrounding death (how the death came about / how the injury or disease leads to death)
    • Mainly based on scene investigation, interviews with next of kin, review of medical history / records, autopsy and ancillary studies (studies (toxicology, histopathology, vitreous chemistry, microbiology, etc.)
Manner of death (MOD) is the classification / categorization used for how the death came about
  • MOD commonly has 5 categories:
    • Natural
    • Homicide
    • Suicide
    • Accident
    • Undetermined

Three big mistakes:

While I agree with the gist of your post, I would just point out that the Cadillac they were driving appears to be at least 12-15 years old. It wasn't a fancy new Escalade. I highly doubt that it would have gotten any notice at all. JMO

Last edited:
They may have bought it in Evansville when they realized how much money they blew through. They sure wouldn't have been able to buy too many more cars. They were already criminals. They would have been better off stealing cars along the way and actually had a destination instead of winging it. Save the car purchase for the final destination to throw LE off.
They both had the foresight to know the money wasn't going to last, especailly VW since it was hers. Its possible they bought the items in Evansville. That's pretty risky though. If they did buy in Evansville then it was her doing the purchasing. I wonder if she was beginning to realize or had realized CW was a wrong choice and played her? As his true nature was coming forth. I mean in all honesty he was only nice to her because she had cash to spend on him. That's the reality of the situation. Once she ran out of cash it would be a horrific end for her. At least here she had the power to commit suicide and be done with life as she could not live as she did before in a comfortable manner that she was used to. Reality finally caught up with her so for VW the only way out was by suicide. What she fantasized romantically and what turned out were two opposites and only one being reality! Intially her selfishness (to the point of not caring what happened in the end) got her to do what she did.

Here's a link that tells us what cause of death and manner of death means.

Thanks for the links @RANCH. The point here being that VW's self inflicted gunshot wound to her head was not an accident.

Gun shot wound to the forehead , I don’t know how that could be accidenta.
I suppose if she had the gun in her hand when the airbags deployed, anything is possible in terms of how her hand and the gun might have been propelled backwards into her body.

But I trust the formal finding of suicide means they had some way to rule that out.

I think he is in shock. He trusted her 100%. She kept her dark side completely hidden from him and her co workers.
I think that's a very generous thought, but I've wondered how they kept their involvement secret for two years. She was living a double life with a man who was living with a number of other criminals. I can't imagine him not talking to anyone about it. It will be interesting when all the facts are revealed. I expect a few heads to roll at the prison. JMO

Vicky White died by suicide; Casey White planned ‘shootout,’ Indiana sheriff says

Vicky White, assistant director of corrections at the Lauderdale County jail, had put in for retirement ahead of the escape, and the day of the breakout, April 29, was her last day of work.

A woman who worked with her for 16 years could barely speak through tears Tuesday.

“I know she did wrong and made a terrible mistake, but she’s still your friend,” longtime jail employee Sherry Sylvester said.

She said that White often tried to help prisoners, particularly ones without family. But Sylvester said she never saw White do anything that crossed the line: “She did everything by the book.”

Until she didn't... My condolences to VW's family and friends. It's very difficult to live with feeling betrayed and never having the opportunity to ask VW any questions. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member