Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
"in the begining there is a man saying 911 and then hello". This has me confused. it seems to me that this might have been a spontaneous connection to 911. (maybe that Apple Watch as someone mentioned???) I just don't hear any real dialogue with the 911 dispatcher at all.
That was me who mentioned the Apple watch. It definitely sounds like 911 call was triggered by something and not intentionally place by them. Neither VW nor CW responds to the operator who answers the call.

911 can also be automatically triggered by certain buttons on IPhone, and it used to only be 1, but is now a combo of 2 side buttons.

That was me who mentioned the Apple watch. It definitely sounds like 911 call was triggered by something and not intentionally place by them. Neither VW nor CW responds to the operator who answers the call.

911 can also be automatically triggered by certain buttons on IPhone, and it used to only be 1, but is now a combo of 2 side buttons.
could it have been an onstar in the Cadillac

On what are you basing the "four more years"? A pension plan and a 401k are usually separate entities. Do we have proof of what funds she had contributed to, how much and rules of withdrawal?

Until someone in HR with her employer clarifies all this, I find no merit in debating it.

Respectfully, IMOO.
Alabama RSA (state retirement system) is age 60 w/ 10 yes service or any age after 25 years service. Yes she was eligible. This says auburn but it’s the Alabama state RSA (same system and rules). I got same from UAB

I suppose if she had the gun in her hand when the airbags deployed, anything is possible in terms of how her hand and the gun might have been propelled backwards into her body.

But I trust the formal finding of suicide means they had some way to rule that out.
Amazingly, the handgun was still in her hand after the airbag was deployed.

Here is the complete 911 call:

she is worried the airbags will kill them but then shoots herself, and CW said he planned to have a shootout with LEO. Her worried about the airbags doesn't sound like suicide or death by cops was pre-planned.

No one has mentioned this but I think there may have been a collision and a crash. First impact from a LE vehicle, resulting in airbags being deployed, then the crash into the ditch, rolling the car. Two massive points of impact IMO.

I think OnStar or something similar made a call. We haven't IMO seen footage of the chase itself. Or how many minutes elapsed between an initial collision and LE approaching the vehicle after the final crash.

It sounds to me like VW was taking stock of the situation. Damage control as they're still driving a wrecked car. She suggests making a run for it.

The crash in the ditch had to be nothing short of concussive. If CW got the wind knocked out, and VW had only a moment to evaluate, she may have thought he was dead. With LE surrounding them, was she really going to try to escape on her own? No way out so IMO she took the only way out.

CW's first words IMO were not affection. They were self-serving. Quick with the "I didn't shoot her." (Chilling that that's his position too with the case they're reopening, ruled a suicide previously.)

And now we hear there were dry runs????? This whole thing, poorly planned out but so calculating.... carried through right to the end.

it was never going to end well.

The car ended up up-ended in a ditch but the collateral damage spreads far and wide.

And why?

JMO

Last edited:
Sounds like she first says, “the airbags are going off— let’s get out and run”. And then adds, “to the fn hotel”.
What it sounds like VW said to Casey last was "get us back to the f'n hotel", or more likely, as another poster below suggests, "we should've stayed at the f'n hotel". At that point, the car had clearly already wrecked, so I think she was just in panic mode, and not rationally thinking. That also was the last thing she said, at about 32 seconds in, and it seems apparent that she shot herself within a few seconds of that, though the sound of the shot has seemingly been muted in this released audio. Within less than a minute of that time, LEO was at the vehicle and reporting that she still had the gun in her hand. JMO

Last edited:
I was not familiar with the term agonal breathing, which was mentioned by LE in a video, so I looked it up.

Agonal breathing is when someone who is not getting enough oxygen is gasping for air. It is usually due to cardiac arrest or stroke. It's not true breathing. It's a natural reflex that happens when your brain is not getting the oxygen it needs to survive. Agonal breathing is a sign that a person is near death.

Yep, which is why she was a “load and go” no sirens or lights.

That part of the audio has not been publicly released yet but the sheriff did confirm it, it’s mentioned in this CNN article: Casey White indicated he wanted a shootout, but wreck prevented it, sheriff says

“During the chase, Vicky White indicated during a call with police dispatchers that she had a gun, Wedding told CNN, hours before Tuesday's news conference.

In dispatch audio from Evansville police, a dispatcher noted during Monday's chase that "we could hear her on the line saying she had her finger on the trigger." The dispatcher earlier can be heard saying "they're calling into 911.”
Thanks, that’s exactly what I was talking about! I’m trying to piece together, when was that happening, and then when was the 911 call that we hear, when she’s saying get out and run, (something) back to the hotel? Was she threatening suicide, then realized they were closing in and changed her mind, then changed her mind again??

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was talking about! I’m trying to piece together, when was that happening, and then when was the 911 call that we hear, when she’s saying get out and run, (something) back to the hotel? Was she threatening suicide, then realized they were closing in and changed her mind, then changed her mind again??
Under such duress and in those extremely stressful circumstances, she probably was conflicted and as you say, changing her mind several times.

Interesting that Indiana's Sheriff Wedding says in this interview when asked how CW was responding to the death of VW that the Sheriff said something to the effect that CW was under the impression that VW planned to commit suicide if apprehended.

This doesn't mean it was any easier for him to deal with, but that he expected it when it happened.

I work as a contractor with police officers, corrections officers, firefighters, and sheriff department employees. All these jobs receive receive pension after a certain number of years. It is quite unusual for any of them to retire early because their retirement pension is substantial.

This pension is not an account she would have contributed to, it is a fully paid pension plan that pays a monthly amount after the employee reaches full retirement age based on the number of years employed.

1. VW would have contributed 8.5% of her CO salary each paycheck to her state pension

2. VW's state pension vested after 10 years of service. Once you have 10 years of service, you are eligible to begin collecting retirement benefits at age 60. The amount of those benefits will depend on number of years of service, highest salary, etc.

Sounds like she could've asked for a lump sum or other payout of her contributions at any time after vesting--but I think withdrawing her contributions would terminate her future pension rights.

Even tho Alabama's state pension is a defined benefit pension, it is still partially funded by employee contributions.

Sheriff Singleton often says things that turn out not to be true. Sheriff Singleton saying "She's fired" only establishes an end date for VW's service to determine the amount of pension she would be eligible for. Once vested, VW would have a property right in her pension. The only way to take away her pension at that point (after vesting) is via due process of law (the whole "no deprivation of life, liberty or property w.out due process" thing in the 5th and 14th Amendments). You would likely have to go to court and get a judge's ruling to take away her pension, after going through arbitration with the union etc. Many cops have done far worse than Vicky did and still collected their pensions. Even if a court ruled that Vicky or her eligible survivors were not eligible for the pension--which is unlikely to happen as VW has not been and will not be convicted of any crimes--she (or her eligible survivors/estate) should still get her contributions back.

FOP2RS1.pngaDcxSVi.png

Alabama State Pension Information

Last edited:
To me, it sounded like she said, 'we should've stayed back at the fn hotel'.

I was just thinking. This supposedly went on for 2 years. That AP article said inmates knew. Just wondering is some of the other employees noticed some things but didn't say anything because of her higher position? They didn't want to get fired. Or perhaps in hindsight they now think of things that were off in the way she treated him or her time with him maybe more than other inmates?

I was busy with grandkids and local voting yesterday so only heard this late in the day. Try as I might I can't summon any compassion for either one of these, only sympathy for her mother. I felt this would be the outcome but I really believed he would kill her. IMHO there will be a review of all their interactions over the last two years and also there will be more scrutiny of present and future hires re: corrections officers and their communications with inmates.

I was just thinking. This supposedly went on for 2 years. That AP article said inmates knew. Just wondering is some of the other employees noticed some things but didn't say anything because of her higher position? They didn't want to get fired. Or perhaps in hindsight they now think of things that were off in the way she treated him or her time with him maybe more than other inmates?
It had to have been noticed—- but as you say, people are often afraid to speak up about a superior, and place their own job security as their top priority.

They were caught off guard. Everything came down so fast and the crash. They were planning a shootout not a crash. Only moments before LE approached when the car crashed. . Not much time to think , rethink or react. In that moment she knew this was her only way out. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member