GUILTY AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *guilty of escape, disposed of murder* #7

Last edited:
Moo... honestly i have never understood how he ended up with 75 years...it just seems like alot.There are plenty of gang bangers and murders that get much less.....moo
I wonder if he will claim he confessed to CR's murder only in order to be transferred to Lauderdale where he and VW were planning his escape? That was the impression I had all along.
I just posted about this and I am sorry I did not see your post first. I feel the same way. It was part of the plan to get him back to Lauderdale for the bigger plan. JMO

I have often thought that he only confessed to that murder to back in to the small time jail for the pre planned escape with Vicky. Just a feeling I had right from the beginning when the escape first happened. JMO no proof of that of course.
If the confession is admitted, I think we will eventually learn of the evidence that CW provided to authorities that according to the prosecutor, was allegedly only known to the offender -- never shared with the public.

Is this charge similar, for example, to the situation where if a bank robber shoots and kills a bank security officer, then even the driver of the getaway vehicle who remained outside of the bank during the robbery is charged with the murder of the security officer?

Just wondering what the basis of CW's charge is in relation to murder of VW.

Former escaped inmate Casey White is being charged with the offense of felony murder for his connection to the death of Vicky White.

Casey White was indicted by a Lauderdale County grand jury and a warrant was served on July 6.

WBRC News6 Birmingham

From AL.com:

Vicky White remained with Casey White and died as police closed in by what Indiana authorities said was a self-inflicted gunshot to the head as police closed in.

Though Casey White has been charged with her death, the indictment does not say he killed her.

Is this charge similar, for example, to the situation where if a bank robber shoots and kills a bank security officer, then even the driver of the getaway vehicle who remained outside of the bank during the robbery is charged with the murder of the security officer?

I don't see how this will stick. VW walked him out of there on her own free will. VW took her own life willingly. He has plenty he needs to be held accountable for. I don't see this being one of them. She was an adult with sound mind making conscious decisions. She knew right from wrong. She knew the consequences especially being in the profession she was in. He was locked up. She was on the outside . He could not have harmed her so this wasnt an act done out of fear and duress. It was her decision to retire early, throw away her pension and use all her money to go on the run with him .If she hadn't taken her life, she would have been held accountable for her actions in a court of law. jmo.

I think it probably is. In your example the getaway driver was fully aware of the heist and participated in the robbery.

Along those lines the question would be - did CW have knowledge of a suicide plot by VW should LE make an attempt to apprehend the two of them? If so he had opportunity to turn himself in and didn’t, had he chose to take that responsible action this would’ve saved VW’s life. It wasn’t as if he was held hostage by her. Just tossing my thoughts out here but perhaps that’s the basis of the murder charge. JMO

From AL.com:

Vicky White remained with Casey White and died as police closed in by what Indiana authorities said was a self-inflicted gunshot to the head as police closed in.

Though Casey White has been charged with her death, the indictment does not say he killed her.

IMO, the code section cited is in reference to CA driving in a dangerous manner to elude police and also that VA asked him to stop the vehicle.

From the link:

The code cited in the indictment charging Casey White with felony murder, Section 13A-6-2, states that “under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life, he or she recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to a person other than himself or herself, and thereby causes the death of another person.”

Casey White was served a copy of the indictment Monday at Donaldson Correctional Facility, where he is serving a 75-year term for a 2015 crime spree. He is also facing a capital murder charge for the death of Connie Ridgeway in Lauderdale County and the trial is scheduled for December.

Last edited:

yes, meaning she died while he was in commission of a felony.

IMO, the code section cited is in reference to CA driving in a dangerous manner to elude police and also that VA asked him to stop the vehicle.

From the link:

The code cited in the indictment charging Casey White with felony murder, Section 13A-6-2, states that “under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life, he or she recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to a person other than himself or herself, and thereby causes the death of another person.”

Casey White was served a copy of the indictment Monday at Donaldson Correctional Facility, where he is serving a 75-year term for a 2015 crime spree. He is also facing a capital murder charge for the death of Connie Ridgeway in Lauderdale County and the trial is scheduled for December.
Meh, I still wouldn’t vote to convict him for this. She made her choices, she wasn’t an innocent and/or accidentally killed in the crash, she deliberately took her own life.

Meh, I still wouldn’t vote to convict him for this. She made her choices, she wasn’t an innocent and/or accidentally killed in the crash, she deliberately took her own life.

Yes, I don't doubt VW died by suicide, and I think this was a technical indictment.

Casey White was previously charged with first-degree escape in connection to his jailbreak, and the indictment announced Tuesday accuses him of committing felony murder “during the course of and in furtherance” of that crime, Connolly said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back