AL AL - Charles 'Bubba' Jackson, 33, Mobile, 23 May 2014

If you are local, please consider emailing or calling local media outlets to ask them to do a follow up. I have searched Mobile media outlets and there is practically no reporting on Mr. Jackson's disappearance. Just a couple of scanty articles with minimal information. They should be calling LE for searches!

Not a day goes by that it don't break my heart, it has literally consumed my life I read every article anything I can find with his name on it.

Please don't feel reserved about your thoughts I promise that no one has worse thoughts than me. I really appreciate that people that don't know us care enough to talk about it. I know that my brother is not coming home, I just need to find him so that I can bring him home.

Please don't feel reserved about your thoughts I promise that no one has worse thoughts than me. I really appreciate that people that don't know us care enough to talk about it. I know that my brother is not coming home, I just need to find him so that I can bring him home.

Thank you so much for joining us! I haven't given up on your brother, still checking every day to see if there's any news and still praying for his safe return.

First off, I wonder how helpful LE is being? Are they still actively looking for Bubba and following leads, or do they have the attitude of "well, he's an adult, he's free to take off if he wants to"?

Has anyone helped you search? Like organized groups of people fanning out along the route Bubba might have taken to look for any signs of him? Or have you been pretty much on your own? Texas EquuSearch might be able to help you, or an SAR group with tracking dogs. Have you been in touch with anyone like that?

I'm very curious about BJT, the man LE wanted to question about Bubba. Were they suspicious that he might have done something to him, or did they think he's someone who's likely to see everything that goes on in the area where Bubba disappeared?

What do you think happened to your brother? What is your gut feeling? Is there anyone who might have wanted to harm him, or could he have wandered into a bad area and been in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I have been in contact with texas equua search but it seems like I'm getting the run a round. Other than a few people no one has helped me and yes I do feel like there is foul play can't say a lot on a open forum but Le is saying it is still a active investigation. Like I said earlier I know he is gone I just need to find him and bring him home.

Have the last texts or phonecalls from Bubba's phone been checked to see the area the calls were made from?

Im very frustrated with LE in AL. They dont seem to be concerned when adults go missing unless there is obvious evidence of foul play or media interest. People would love to help Im sure but there is so little info to know where to start looking. Have missing posters been put up in the area Bubba was last seen?

I hope that every one is ok with me joining.

Yes phone records checked, those are the areas I wanted to search and need a four wheeler for to much ground to cover by foot. Doing everything I can possibly do and don't know what else to do.posters was hung all over the place for probably a 35 mile spand. Which a lot of that was covered by foot during the first week I took the week off work and spent every day walking and searching.

Yes, absolutely! It's a long shot, I know, but maybe with the information only you can offer, we might be able to put our heads together and find some answers.

I have been in contact with texas equua search but it seems like I'm getting the run a round. Other than a few people no one has helped me and yes I do feel like there is foul play can't say a lot on a open forum but Le is saying it is still a active investigation. Like I said earlier I know he is gone I just need to find him and bring him home.

Regarding foul play, would you feel comfortable saying whether you think someone Bubba knew was involved, or if he might have been a victim of random violence?

Welcome kjl. Sorry about the circumstances, though. There are some great sleuths active here. OkieGranny being one of the best. I'm hoping that you find some support and guidance here.

Welcome kjl. I wish this was under different circumstances but we are glad you are here to share. There are a lot of people on WS that really do care and want to help. Is it true that your brother really planned to walk all that way to his gfs? And secondly, is it true that he texted, "Help!"? I am sorry that you are not getting the help you need to find Charles. I can't imagine trying to do searches on your own!!

I'm local, well Daphne, and I've looked around on my own a couple of times, but if you need help with a more organized search, or really with anything at all, I am willing to do anything that I can.

I have shared your FB Page for Bubba and asked that anyone I know with a 4 wheeler that will lend it or use to help search to get in touch with you through that page. I hope someone will come through.

Yes phone records checked, those are the areas I wanted to search and need a four wheeler for to much ground to cover by foot. Doing everything I can possibly do and don't know what else to do.posters was hung all over the place for probably a 35 mile spand. Which a lot of that was covered by foot during the first week I took the week off work and spent every day walking and searching.

I'm local, well Daphne, and I've looked around on my own a couple of times, but if you need help with a more organized search, or really with anything at all, I am willing to do anything that I can.

First of all welcome kjl! So glad you joined here!

There is a member here, trackergd, who is a qualified SAR person. He is helping and organizing searches for another case on WS that had seemed hopeless/without leads for months (Holly Grim). Maybe you could contact him or someone here could invite him to this thread? I'm not sure where he's based though, but maybe he has contacts/connections in your area to help put together a volunteer group of searchers.

From the cases I have followed on WS I got the impression that there are cases where LE does a lot of searching and others where family members and friends have to become much more proactive when it comes to boots on the ground, contacting media, etc. Not sure why, and I don't think it's fair, but it's what it is. You have already done a lot, God bless you for that. I hope now you will get help to do even more and find your brother.

Thank you all for your support, I do not feel like this was a random act.as far as him walking all the way to her house I did see a still video shot that would support that and yes a " help" text was sent.

Kjl, had he ever attempted to walk that distance before? Was he accustomed to walking such long distances? I'm just wondering about him trying to walk the entire way or could he have been planning on getting a ride from someone. It just seems like such a long way to try to walk, especially in the middle of a hot day.

Thank you all for your support, I do not feel like this was a random act.as far as him walking all the way to her house I did see a still video shot that would support that and yes a " help" text was sent.

Did he have anything with him in the still shot you saw? A bag, a water bottle, anything? Where was that video taken and at what time? We could add this to the map which we have - at least I think someone did a map, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back