Presumed Located AL - Charles Steven Smith Jr., 42, "Traveling to to Biloxi, Mississippi", Cullman, 19 April 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Shin Masamura, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Shin Masamura

Shin Masamura Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun

[​IMG]
    The Cullman Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in locating a local man who last had contact with his family on April 19.

Charles Steven Smith Jr., 42, left Cullman on his way to Biloxi, Mississippi on April 19. Family members lost contact with Smith later that afternoon while he was traveling.

In the last known conversation, Smith discussed issues with a tire but did not give his location, according to a police department release.

The police department is working with other agencies in an effort to locate Smith.

Smith is 5'10 and weighs about 210 pounds.

Anyone with information or knowledge of Smith's travel plans is asked to contact Sgt. Eric Cole at 256-7756-7170.
    Cullman man missing after leaving for Mississippi 6 days ago

StarEyes, jash, broadviewren and 3 others like this.
  2. Shin Masamura

Shin Masamura Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun

*Vehicle Located with bullet holes

CPD: Missing Cullman man’s truck located near New Orleans under ‘suspicious’ circumstances
    Friday morning, April 26, Cole said, “I can confirm New Orleans did locate a truck. It’s believed to be his truck, and they have been processing that, to see if he was in it, or what may have happened to him. I can confirm that his truck was located in New Orleans. I can’t say anything about Steven, though, because he is still missing. He is still a missing person. New Orleans has an investigation going on. I’m in contact with them. On my end, I am looking into the missing person.”

Cole said the truck was found under “suspicious” circumstances; he shared, “It does appear that there are bullet holes in the truck, which may or may not be connected. The area has been searched thoroughly, but nothing has been found.”
    https://www.cullmantribune.com/2019...r-new-orleans-under-suspicious-circumstances/

StarEyes, jash, broadviewren and 3 others like this.
  3. Linskid

Linskid Well-Known Member

New Orleans would actually be past Biloxi if traveling from Cullman, AL. Obviously, this situation doesn’t sound good.

StarEyes, jash, Lynetta and 4 others like this.
  4. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

StarEyes, Linskid, jash and 2 others like this.
  5. DissociativeFugue

DissociativeFugue Well-Known Member

Weird; NOLA is about 1.5 hours past Biloxi.

StarEyes, Linskid, Quill and 2 others like this.
  6. Lynetta

Lynetta Well-Known Member

I found these two articles from May 16th. I guess he is alive but it all sounds strange.... (only facetiming him?!:confused:)

(Update) Cullman man found alive in Texas

A Cullman man who has been missing since late April has been found alive in Texas.

[...]

Missing Cullman man found alive in Texas; circumstances unclear | The Cullman Tribune

[...]

Cullman Police Chief Kenny Culpepper said the New Orleans Police Department confirmed Charles Steven Smith, Jr., 42, was alive by face-timing him. Smith is in Corpus Christi, said the NOPD.

Said Culpepper, “The New Orleans Police Department face-timed him. He did have some facial bruising. He told them he stopped to a change a tire and someone knocked him out.”

Smith had allegedly been traveling from Cullman to Biloxi, Mississippi when his family lost contact with him.

[...]

7. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Well that's not sketchy at all......

8. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

Very strange! I can't help but think that if this was a missing woman and her car had been found with bullet holes and blood on it that she would be required to present herself to a police officer in person. While technology is great, how did police confirm that he was not making the Facetime call under duress? I hope they sent Corpus Christi police officers to his location to check on him. MOO.

Shin Masamura, Linskid and Lynetta like this.
  9. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member