GUILTY AL - Cherri Dawson, 31, pregnant, Auburn, 8 Oct 2011

Hoping for the best for Cherri and her unborn baby :(

Darcyline, in your opinion, how long could a burnt out car sit there before someone would come across it. I think they said it was found around 5am. What is traffic like in this area at night? TIA.

It is possible it would sit there for awhile. It is pretty dead at night. I mean, there is always the occasional car so I wouldn't think it sat there for 8 hours or anything, but I could see a few going by with no one seeing it.
I drove down the specific road the other night and got scared twice when I saw a large dead dog that looked like a body and then a bunch of crumpled clothing that also looked like a body. Sleuthing is perhaps not for me especially at night. I called in a tip about the clothes even though I doubt they are involved in any way.

I live in Auburn and have seen a few posters up around town. I honestly don't know what to do to help. I agree with a previous post about wondering where the father of the baby she is pregnant with is.

It has been more than a week since a pregnant woman from Auburn vanished and her car was found burned to the frame in Chambers County.

Auburn police tell News Leader 9, they are not ready to say if foul play is suspected in the missing person's case of Cheri Dawson.

Police will only say they are actively looking for the 31-year-old single mother, who is also around five months pregnant.

Dawson was last seen almost two weeks ago by family and friends.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/15734638/2011/10/19/almost-two-weeks-later-pregnant-mom-missing

Almost two weeks later, pregnant mom still missing

It has been more than a week since a pregnant woman from Auburn vanished and her car was found burned to the frame in Chambers County.

Auburn police tell News Leader 9, they are not ready to say if foul play is suspected in the missing person's case of Cheri Dawson.

Police will only say they are actively looking for the 31-year-old single mother, who is also around five months pregnant.

More: http://www.wsfa.com/story/15734638/2011/10/19/almost-two-weeks-later-pregnant-mom-missing

Family of Missing Pregnant Woman Clings to Hope

The search continues for an Auburn woman who has been missing for two weeks. Thirty-one-year-old Cherri Dawson was last seen by family members on Saturday, October 8th. Her grandmother, Mae Howard, says the family is clinging to hope that she will come home.

"She told her son that he was going to have a little sister. Oh and that was the joy of his heart. [He said,] ‘Mommy, you're going to have me a little sister' and she said, ‘yes,'" said Howard.

What should be a happy time celebrating a new baby has been shadowed with grief. Howard says Dawson is five months pregnant with a little girl. She says the last weekend anyone saw her, Dawson was shopping for baby clothes.

However, Dawson has not contacted anyone in two weeks. Howard says she has not even called her 7-year-old son. The family's worry turned to panic when investigators found Dawson's car burned to its metal frame on a rural road in Chambers County about two weeks ago.

Howard says her family has been hit with tragedy in the past when her daughter, Dawson's mother, was violently killed nearly 10 years ago.

Snipped: http://www.wsfa.com/story/15865377/family-of-missing-pregnant-woman-clings-to-hope
(This is extremely sad)

http://www2.wrbl.com/news/2011/oct/25/search-missing-auburn-woman-intensifies-ar-2605507/

By: DONATHAN PRATER Opelika-Auburn News
Published: October 25, 2011

CHAMBERS COUNTY --The search for a missing Auburn woman ramped up Tuesday as detectives from the Auburn Police Division, Opelika Police Department, Chambers County Sheriff’s Office and at least seven other law enforcement agencies scoured an estimated five-mile area along Chambers County Road 95 where Cherri N. Dawson’s burned out 1993 Honda Civic was found more than two weeks ago.

http://www2.wrbl.com/news/2011/oct/26/tallapoosa-county-remains-sent-be-idd-ar-2612143/

“We cannot determine at this time if they are human remains or not,” said Abbett, who added that his office was working closely with investigators from the APD and Chambers County Sheriff’s Office. “We’re canvassing the area gathering anything that might be pertinent to this case. There is a lot of speculation because of the close proximity of the other incident in Auburn, but we cannot connect it at this time whatsoever.”

Heartbreaking....

Praying there will be justice for Cherri.

I have not seen where they have confirmed the remains found were her. Please correct or confirm that she was found deceased.

I have not seen where they have confirmed the remains found were her. Please correct or confirm that she was found deceased.

Yes, please, is there a link anywhere? Has it been confirmed that these remains are even human?

My mistake folks. I read that very wrong. Still looking for confirmation.

Investigators are trying to determine if a massive search for a missing pregnant woman from Auburn has come to a tragic end.

Tallapoosa County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett confirms remains have been found along Walker Road, a partially unpaved road near the Camp Hill community.

Police will not say if they believe the remains belong to Cherri Dawson, a missing Auburn woman who is five months pregnant.

Forensic tests will determine if the remains are human.

More: http://www.wsfa.com/story/15882980/2011/10/26/cherri-dawson-search-human-or-animal-remains-found

Oh No!

If those are human remains, someone's family will get some terrible news, even if it isn't Cherri Dawson's body. I can't imagine being in that position.

I believe that Cherri is no longer alive, because she hasn't been in touch with her son, or any of her family members. If this is her, I hope her family will find some measure of peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back