Found Deceased AL - Cheryl McBee Pence, 56, lost in the woods, Wilcox Co, 1 Jan 2022

jn0920

Reaction score
“Sheriff Earnest Evans says 56 year old Cheryl Pence of Rye, Colorado — and her son 37 year old son Michael Brandon McBee also of Rye, Colorado — were both reported missing Saturday.

“Evans says Pence is still missing — and apparently lost in the woods. However, search crews found McBee in the woods on Monday.”

screenshot-20220104-104932-facebook-e1641326100987.jpg

https://www.alabamanews.net/2022/01/04/search-for-missing-colorado-woman-underway-in-wilcox-county/?fbclid=IwAR3k4sgS25ZOpK11EVPoQYRAB8bClTm2AzT0Sc269Wc2wwYO3kHt7NlSSyc

SBM

“When they was in the woods on Saturday afternoon, evening, some hunters saw them and talked with them,” said Evans. “And while they was talking the lady she walked off. And the son eventually walked off trying to find her.”
#more at link

Why would you just wander off in woods like that?
I know these things can happen, but they shouldn't.
It makes me wonder if that story was genuine or not.....
I may be suspicious if the son wasn't also lost and not in good shape when he was found plus her husband says she has some mental issues. MOO

I wonder why they were in AL. Were they on vacation? Visiting family? On a business trip? Was Cheryl and her son familiar with the wooded area they were in? I suppose LE spoke with the hunters, right?

Here's a photo of Cheryl without glasses. Her daughter has set up a fundraising page. Search for help locate cheryl mcbee pence.

62412911_1641402507108113_r.

(Admin Note: As the WS software blocks the link, the page can be found as the very first hit that comes up in this Google search summary.)

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Members may discuss the fund raiser description if it contains information that may be relevant / helpful in finding Cheryl, and this will include the photo that does not appears to be available elsewhere.

Members may not comment on the amount of the fundraiser or promote it or solicit donations to it.

Has she been located?
I've checked for updates but haven't found any. There is a pic floating around on FB that appears to show Cheryl walking along a path in a wooded area. I suppose it's a still shot from the hunter's trail cam referred to in the fundraising page's description. I can't link to the photo considering it hasn't published by LE or MSM. I hope they find her soon.

SBM from fundraising page:
Cheryl went missing on 1/1/22 around 3:30pm CST in Wilcox County, AL near the Wilcox County and Monroe County Line. She was spotted on a local hunters trail cam, and would not accept help getting out of the area back to the road.

Florida? :confused: What in the world...

Alabama News Network
4 Jan 2022

Investigators say 56-year-old Cheryl Pence and her son, 37-year-old Michael McBee, were staying at a hotel in Florida. It is unclear how they ended up in Wilcox County.
At first I didn't think this was odd since the FL panhandle borders AL but Wilcox County is a 2.5 hour drive from Pensacola. We're they on their way back home? MOO

At first I didn't think this was odd since the FL panhandle borders AL but Wilcox County is a 2.5 hour drive from Pensacola. We're they on their way back home? MOO

I looked at a map yesterday and thought the same thing. I wonder whether they drove there or hitched a ride. I can't imagine they walked. :confused: I hope LE/family searched that clearing farther than they expect she may have walked. I remember the case of 3YO Christopher Ramirez who was found safe. He walked 5 miles along the clearing of a pipeline path. I hope the same happens with Cheryl.

Found Safe - TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

JAN 4, 2022
UPDATE: Colorado Woman Missing in Rural Wilcox Co. - Alabama News

screenshot-20220104-104932-facebook-e1641326100987.jpg

[...]

Sheriff Earnest Evans says 56 year old Cheryl Pence of Rye, Colorado — and her son 37 year old son MBM also of Rye, Colorado — were both reported missing Saturday.

[...]

Evans says Pence is still missing — and apparently lost in the woods. However, search crews found McBee in the woods on Monday.

“His condition wasn’t all that good. We took him to the hospital,” Evans said.

[...]

DP is the missing woman’s husband.

“She’s got some mental issues. She’s not herself at all. And so yeah, we just need to find her and get her the help we need,” he said.

[...]

Overnight temperatures — at or around freezing — are adding to concerns about the missing woman’s safe return.

[...]

JAN 8, 2022
Family searching for missing loved one (koaa.com)
[...]

EJ is Pence's daughter, she says her mother has been doing work in Alabama, Louisiana and Florida since hurricanes went through the area last year.

"At this point she does not have a debit card, she does not have her phone, she left her wedding rings behind, everything in the hotel and we don't have any trace of her at this time," said EJ.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back