Found Safe AL - Christiana Hagler, 1 Month, Mobile, 16 June 2018

Bond set at $3,000 for man accused of taking baby

Bond has been set at $3,000 for 35-year-old John Alexander Betancourt who has been charged with felony interference with custody. Bond was originally denied in this case.
[...]
According to Betancourt's court appointed attorney Habib Yazdi, Betancourt did not know the mother of the child and according to his client, he was asked to take care of the baby while the mother was detained at Burlington Coat Factory.

ALL THE MORE reason she ought to be charged with child endangerment. This case really ticks me off.

I just spent the morning catching up on all this, digging around MSM, jail records, SM, etc. Holy cow.

It most definitely stinks to be
Alex Betancourt
Alex Betancourt right now. Especially after reading stuff like this from just 2 weeks ago Alex Betancourt it seems like he genuinely wants to clean his act up. Then... this junk happens.

I can't imagine what was going thru his head when this woman hands off her infant and her car to him. I feel bad for him. I feel worse for the baby, that she has a mother that would just hand off her own child to a stranger (if in fact that's what he is).

If anything, she should be charged with child endangerment.

sadly, the contrition is the norm for newly released. They all want to clean up their act/be in recovery but then they link up w old friends and renew bad habits and choices. I feel that this is exactly what went down here..... if she didn't know him, she knew who he was and she prob was looking to score from him (I know im late to the party)

Bella.... Cherish.... I'm just so glad this baby had a better outcome. I so hope they let her be adopted. If this is not a crime it should be.

If the guy did something illegal by doing as the mother ASKED, then the mother should be charged as well.

sadly, the contrition is the norm for newly released. They all want to clean up their act/be in recovery but then they link up w old friends and renew bad habits and choices. I feel that this is exactly what went down here..... if she didn't know him, she knew who he was and she prob was looking to score from him (I know im late to the party)
From all accounts, they did not know each other at all.

So they met the prong of the amber alert that the child was in imminent danger because it was a stranger BUT it was not the mother that put the child in imminent danger ergo no child endangerment? YEP, makes sense to me. NOT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back