AL AL - Christina Carter, 3, Hueytown, 17 Sept 1973

I just went on http://www.mattbirkbeck.com the author of "A Beautiful Child." the story of Sharon Marshall. He usually updates the status of the DNA tests of Christina Carter. His last update was on September 4th which says that they are still waiting for the results.

cowgirl,

Where did you see that the DNA came back as not being Sharon??

Chaddylex:)

We have not yet received word about the results of DNA testing for Christina. Due to confidentiality at the moment, I can only say that there are several people involved and not all testing has been completed.

We are still waiting. :-(

We have not yet received word about the results of DNA testing for Christina. Due to confidentiality at the moment, I can only say that there are several people involved and not all testing has been completed.

We are still waiting. :-(

Thank you for the update MartieLee, the waiting must be tough..... I hope your family has some answers soon. :blowkiss:

Yes Thanks, Martie Lee for the Update!!

Chaddylex:)

Oh!! so they thought Anna Waters might be Sharon Marshall,i didn't know that.I was talking about the DNA results to see if Sharon Marshall was Christina Davis has anybody heard anything yet,i read that the results were negative,but i don't believe everything i read on the net.

If I remember right: That's how Dr. Doogie got started looking for Anna, he thought that Sharon might be Anna, but she wasn't. Doogie went to school with Anna's Bro (and was friends with), so he contacted Annasmom and it went from there.

Anna has a forum here on WS with soooooooo much info in it, you'll just have to read to see all that we've looked into. Any additional ideas or information is always welcome; who knows, someday it just may lead to Anna.

I am so glad I found this thread. I was just watching an episode of Court TV about poor Sharon Marshall and Michael Hughes and Then came across Christina Lynn Carter online.

I was just going to suggest the possibility of Christina being Sharon, but then I came across these posts about the DNA testing. I hope the results come quickly and that the answers can put the family's minds to rest.

Thank You Martie for getting back to us and letting us know the progress of the DNA testing...

I hope we all hear soon!

The LE with FBI that investigated Christine Carter and her mom's case is the Sheriff of Forsyth County here in Winston Salem. I do have some article from our local Newspaper back from then if you would like for me to post them. I do have some other thing that I do not think are approate to post ( death record of mom)

Yes please whatever you think is appropriate. Thanks for all the info.

I am sure there are more articles. I had found these at the last min. before I had to leave. When I go back I will check again for more articles.

Thanks for the articles.
From the articles it rather obvious that Janet Carter did not have transportation of her own. In the first article where the Hueytown policeman is identified, it says he assumed she had gone back to Winston-Salem. Did he not wonder when and how she left (from his home) and then try to find out where she was? I mean, she was gone from his house on Sep 17 and her body was found Oct 7. I wonder if he tried to look for her during that time and the article just doesn't say so.
If you do find any more articles please post them when you have time.

OK, I went back and re-read the beginning of this thread and it answered my questions/thoughts. Going to look at Floyd's timeline to see if he may have been in/around this area and try to figure out if may have been known to the Hueytown police.

I know it took a month for them to id her remains. I was told by a very reliable source that where her remains were found that she and another person had checked into a hotel room not far away from there. I think it was in pigonford They had the hotel register. No one remembers seeing the child though. I think it taking a month to id her and her being found is why they could not find Christine.

The coroners office that had the evidence on this case burned down with no evidence to solve it. That is what is sad about all this. Her death certificate will almost make you cry.

Has anyone heard anything about the DNA tests yet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back