AL - Christmas Day tornado hits five areas in Mobile

Discussion in 'Weather' started by wfgodot, Dec 25, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Apparent tornado hits five areas in Mobile, from Tillman's Corner to medical district (al.com)
    more at the links
    'Damages all over Mobile right now,' with apparent tornado (al.com)

2. Loading...

3. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

OMG, I always heard that when it got cold that tornadoes couldn't form. It just seems to me since the oil spill the weather has been really strange. I'm watching TWC and they showed the Jet Stream and it flows along the midwest and then shoots around the south and heads north, am I making sense here? Anyway it seems to anything to avoid the gulf.

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

5. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

Those were some heavy duty power flashes. For every one of those hundreds of people lost power. Looks about an F-2. Maybe F-3 in certain areas. Oh no TWC is reporting more outbreaks in Mobile County. Geez what is going on tornadoes and blizzards oh my.

6. Angelonline

Angelonline Registered User

This appears to be mostly business areas and less residential areas thank goodness. I live 40 minutes from Mobile and my daughter lives in Mobile County. She was near Springhill at her in-laws earlier during one of these. They had no damages though. We also had warnings all day here in South East MS and the tornado sirens sent us running to the hall on several occasions. There was a tornado that touched down in Greene Co, MS, North of us, but Im not sure of damages yet.