AL - DaKota Burke, 20 mos, tortured, beaten to death, Semmes, 31 Dec 2014

Discussion in 'Trials' started by OkieGranny, Jan 13, 2015.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/mcso_mother_found_20-month-old.html

http://fox10tv.com/2015/01/12/breaking-news-search-warrant-conducted-at-home-of-dead-toddler/

2. Loading...

3. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

Sickening. And, they got married. What in the world...

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

http://fox10tv.com/2015/01/12/investigators-interviews-beginning-in-toddler-death/

5. menmo

menmo New Member

6. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

Beyond all comprehension and understanding.

Just when you think it can't get any worse.

What a beautiful precious little girl.

I. Just. Can't.

:tears:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. rosie_lee

rosie_lee New Member

Absolutely horrible! This precious child deserved so much more out of life.

8. nat198

nat198 Member

How horrible [emoji24] poor darling. Rip little angel.

9. marynice

marynice Member

10. the seeker

the seeker New Member

I just dont get it. You look at her pictures, and she appears well-loved and cared for....what the heck happens???

11. OkieGranny

Mom lets a monster into the home, disguised as a BF. It happens all too often. :(

12. OkieGranny

http://www.thecallnews.com/92091/1592/breaking-news-couple-charged-with-murder

13. sallye818

sallye818 New Member

yes, you are so right, OkieGranny...I knew before I finished the article that it was going to be a mom's boyfriend. I am just sick and &%$#*! tired of women putting their own needs and wants before those of their little ones. God is caring for little DaKota now...no more tears or hurts or abuses.

14. sallye818

sallye818 New Member

OMG and I just re-read the article ... these two crazies got married AFTER the little girl died from the abuse?? And who in their right mind would choose that ugly mug over that beautiful little baby girl anyway? I must be in a bad frame of mind this morning...this one is really making me ANGRY :banghead: Lord, help me.

15. CuriousGuy

CuriousGuy New Member

How precious that she married the killer of her own baby. This woman deserves as much scorn as the piece of excrement she allowed in her home. Sickening.

16. believe09

believe09 New Member

They thought they would have spousal privilege in regards to testifying against one another. jmvho. Because they are stupid as well as being evil.

Word to the wise then-if you think your little baby loved one isnt right or has been abused SPEAK UP.

17. believe09

believe09 New Member

I guess I hope that the attempt at cover-up as demonstrated by the marriage will bump this to a first degree case....it sure looks like a special circumstances situation. Maybe that is why they were charged the way they were.

18. tlcya

tlcya <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

maybe they figure if they are married neither can be forced to testify against the other. Don't know the law in AL but in some states that is a real "thing"

The timing of the marriage right after the death and just prior to charges being filed tells me the BF didn't suddenly decide he couldn't live without mama. Except for maybe he figures if he makes her dream of wedded bliss come true it will prevent her from testifying what he did to that baby girl. People suck.

19. groovygirl

groovygirl New Member

Agreed...empty, evil people suck. 818 - I couldn't agree more...it baffles & disgusts me how many cases you hear of that involve babies/toddlers and single woman with "boyfriends". Is it really that easy to manipulate a mom to join in or ignore abuse of her baby? And yet it happens over & over again because these women are so desperate for a boyfriend ??!@!! God make it stop.
    I have been a single mom for 18 years...divorced when my daughter was 2. I can't fathom for a second not protecting, loving, supporting and thanking God daily for the blessing of my daughter.
    These stories are mind blowing.

20. WhoaIsMe

WhoaIsMe New Member

I agree with those who have guessed these two cretins got married in an attempt to be protected from testifying against one another.

:( this world is so sad and lost.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

21. OkieGranny

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/dakota_burkes_mother_slapped_b.html