AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtticusFitz

AtticusFitz Former Member

Agree. DW has much to lose in the scenario that he is part of some criminal activity or even a drug deal: job, family, custody, board position, country club etc. It makes sense that DW cooperated with LE or at least told a more coherent story than the one shared with JDT. Alternatively DW could have known who was in Car 3 and is more afraid of them than MPD which is reason for story that makes little sense, not checking on DNV following to Dublins and simply going home after dropping off the rental car.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018

2. AtticusFitz

Yes, this was the 'comedic relief' in the middle of a very crazy situation! TT called from the top secret location where he was incarcerated/in rehab and so JDT had to explain to TT that people hadn't heard from DNV.

IHAVENOCLUE, Nerissa and cody22 like this.
  3. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

That's what it looks like, TT called sometime after DW called JDT, but before lunch

4. AtticusFitz

From the graphic it does look like the 2 green cars are boxing in the red car.
    Yes he left first.

Mauge, cody22 and Nerissa like this.
  5. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

I rented cars on a monthly basis for years - management decided it was cheaper to rent a car for out of town trips than to pay mileage for driving your personal car. I always prefered to rent - I didn’t want to put all that extra mileage on my personal car plus I got points/miles to use for my own personal use.

I usually rented from airport locations - and you could not park your personal car there.

I don’t think I would leave my car out in an open parking lot at an non airport location. I especially would not return it at 1am in the morning in Mobile. Why not drop it first thing in the morning? Sounds hinky.

Hraefn, IHAVENOCLUE, BRC2010 and 4 others like this.
  6. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

The fact that LE does not seem to be interested in DW makes me think this is all a red herring. LE likely interviewed him and subpoenaed his cell phone records as the last person who saw a missing woman. If his story didn't add up, I think we would know by now. Unless DW is Gary Ridgeway 2.0 I don't really see how this adds up to anything if he was seen at Dublin's and seen at Ollie's while DNV is on surveillance tape at the Shell station.

I like to work in the realm of facts so I am going to look through the Mobile AL bookings for the week of July 17.

Alcina, Trinitee, mks762 and 7 others like this.
  7. tinkerbella

tinkerbella New Member

I have another question to add to this. How would he see her lights behind him & then see lights, what he assumed were her lights, turning down a different street, if car #2 (presumably her car) & car #3 didn't leave for roughly 15 minutes after he did? Or am I misunderstanding the headlight story?

BRC2010, AtticusFitz and Nerissa like this.
  8. Alethea

He either left at 11:07 if he was Car 1 or 11:24 if he was Car 1/3. Either way I don't see how he would have time to do anything to DNV if she's still on the surveillance tape at 11:24 and he is at Ollie's by midnight, having stopped at Dublin's and retrieved the phone.

Most importantly to me, where's her car if it's him? He had his rental car, how could he drive two cars at once?

Trinitee, mks762, Suglo and 3 others like this.
  9. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

Thanks Alethea...despite my annoyance at DW fishy story, I do believe he's come clean with LE...I think it's possible he doesn't have anything to do with actual disappearance: but he was there..he was the first to know something was wrong, she was missing....
    AS our VI has stated (if not mistaken!!) NO ONE has been cleared....

10. Alethea

Husband just walked into my office while I have court records and mug shots up on my monitors: "Are you still working?" "No I'm looking at Alabama mugshots to find someone" "For a client?" "No for my internet friends" "Oh...Ok..."

11. Nerissa

Tinkerbella: that's one of the rubs....it was impossible that he saw DNVs headlights...but he may have mistaken another vehicles for being hers...clearly he wasn't paying much attention when he left that Shell lot...

12. Nerissa

BTW: @ need for work related rental car: I know someone who does archaeology, biology, forestry work...only is in office here or there...travels between various crews in many states, going into woods, etc. - they provide car
    So...just wondering: thought his job was local....so wonder what he does that necessitates a rental car....?
    Does he do sales? Some kinda regional manager?
    TIA if anyone knows

Trinitee likes this.
  13. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

Got it! That leaves me with another question, supposedly DNV paid cash and partially financed her car. I 100% understand the want/need to have a car but a place to live is more practical. Why spend the money on a car when you have past due rent?

14. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

Catching up rent also wasn't on the goal list.

Alethea, AtticusFitz, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  15. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

I don't think her rent was past due until after her disappearance.

Hraefn, Alcina, Trinitee and 5 others like this.
  16. LaylaD

LaylaD Well-Known Member

Is this infrmation from DW or from Dublin staff?

Trinitee, otto and cody22 like this.
  17. AtticusFitz

I am with you and have been following the Whos in Jail site since this story first happened. What kind of offenders are you looking for? I haven't seen much in the way of vehicle theft since this story happened. Lots of robbery, assault, murder, breaking and entry, domestic violence, cruelty to children though.

Trinitee, otto, Nerissa and 1 other person like this.
  18. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

So Aug and Sep? I think I would have paid the rent or at the very least rented a storage unit to store her stuff if apt rent was high. It would be hard for me to make decisions with the thought she was not coming back. But maybe someone is storing her stuff. I hope so.

otto and AtticusFitz like this.
  19. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Around here the apartment complexes stopped letting you come into the property management office and pay your rent in cash. (Robberies and employee theft put an end to that)
    Maybe she paid by money order. Or maybe she was renting from an individual.

AtticusFitz and Nerissa like this.
  20. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

Family entered after she went missing; however, MPD is who ransacked the apartment and threw her belongings on the curb. JDT & TT went to retrieve them.

JDT's focus has been getting DNV's name & case out there. Should DNV return, she has a place to stay (at JDTs) so that's not a concern. But fliers aren't always free (though some places that will print them for free have been found and are being utilized), billboards aren't free, signs (those are in the works) aren't free and, if needed PIs aren't always free. One PI has for sure ben hired that is working pro bono; another is being hired (because the more eyes on it, the better and they've agreed to work together) but I don't know if the second is charging or not.

As far as if any member of the T family was a party to the lease, I'm not sure; however, since DNV didn't have a relationship with her family/a broken relationship at best, so I'd imagine that on the "in case of emergency" line of her lease, she listed JDT. I could be wrong on that; it's strictly just my guess based on relationship dynamics between DNV and the T family and DNV and her own family.

JDT can account for every penny spent. You are also welcome to be skeptical instead of trusting what I say with regards to the plans for the money and how the money has already been spent. However, as the VI in this case, I do not have to provide anyone with the accountability for those funds.

Hraefn, IHAVENOCLUE, Alcina and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.