GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

The other side of this though is that this ramp is in a neighborhood! Not some off the beaten path ramp. It just seems like such a strange location, I really wish we knew more about it (if any "random" connections lived in the area). I am curious if someone lives in that house that's RIGHT up on the boat ramp 365 days a year or if it's a rental/summer house?

2. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

But I still can't find a single incident near Mobile, Alabama where a murder victim was dumped this way. When I Google searched I actually turned up more incidents of accidental drownings after mistaking boat ramps for a road in that area.

3. Bryant_Denny

Bryant_Denny Well-Known Member

My apologies, I wasn’t trying to insinuate! I have unintentionally become emotionally involved in this case and I think my emotions are getting the best of me after yesterday’s news. I may need to just take a breather from this case.

4. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

Absolutely no need to apologize or step away, unless you need to. Your thoughts and comments are very appreciated!

5. deadfoot13

deadfoot13 Active Member

RS&BBM

The car she was driving was the same year/make/model as the car she had prior to this one, so the driving experience should have been familiar. I could see there being some confusion if this was the first car she ever owned, but if the car is identical to one you drove regularly, I tend to think a person would be comfortable with the location of wipers/cruise/gearshift/etc.

With that said, the second bolded line really jumped out at me and gave me pause (and I actually said "Ooohhh" out loud) -- that could explain completely why she was in that location, and makes the possibility of an accident much more plausible. Once she realized that she had followed the wrong car and now she was going to be late to meet her friends and had no way to contact them, frustration could definitely have contributed to accidentally driving into the water. It really makes sense.

melodyl, misgrn, sandy11382 and 9 others like this.
  6. rtothee

rtothee Member

Get out of my head @Bryant_Denny !!

melodyl and Bryant_Denny like this.
  7. otto

otto Verified Expert

Maybe all bodies in cars in water are ruled accident.

misgrn, Traymar, ChiCubs2016 and 2 others like this.
  8. drama_farmer

drama_farmer "It's never just a mannequin"

Snipped ( a lot) by me.

BBM. That is a logical, real-life scenario that I can definitely see happening. I have done the exact same thing in the past, (followed the wrong car) before cell phones existed. It took me a while to figure out what was happening. The "wrong" car in my case was the same brand/color as my friend's car.

Even while driving in the opposite direction of the planned route, I found myself rationalizing that maybe I misunderstood, maybe we were making an unplanned "pit stop" or maybe I was confused about the best way to get to the destination. By the time I reached the shocking conclusion that my friend was not actually driving the car I was following, I was already so far out of my comfort zone, and so deep into a strange neighborhood, I was close to panic-mode.
    MOO and IME, etc.

melodyl, deadfoot13, misgrn and 6 others like this.
  9. cryscrys

cryscrys Well-Known Member

Even if she was alive when she entered the water that doesn't mean it was an accident or a suicide. Something slipped in her drink that incapacitates her, makes it look like an OD?? IDK time will tell, I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but in this case accident just makes zero sense to me. All of course JMO

cedgison, Nerissa, Hraefn and 8 others like this.
  10. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

My biggest issue with the “following the wrong car” scenario is she was very familiar with the area. There would have been no need for her to follow someone to get to Ollie’s or Hero’s or really wherever they were going. So for those who think that might be the case (it’s totally possible. Sorry if this is coming across as rude?? Don’t mean it that way. I’m loving reading all of these different ideas rather than just the one I’m hell bent on) why would she be following someone, who was she thinking she was following and where did she think they were going? DW to his house???

11. theides

theides Well-Known Member

melodyl, SuziQ, MFH and 12 others like this.
  12. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I am glad you have confidence in the Chief as after his comments the other day I had the sense the case was nowhere and they were getting ready to declare the death a tragic 'accident'. I hope you are correct but I can't say I share any confidence in the MPD Homicide team after what we have seen thus far in this case.

13. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

This video is so helpful to understanding the terrain and neighborhood. Thanks much for posting! Has anyone mapped a possible route from Shell to the boat ramp? Also curious how far this boat ramp is from DW house? Will do a quick check. TT was clear in his comments that there was no reason for DNV to be in this area. Have any of her friends chimed on as to their ideas of why she was in this neighborhood late at night after spending the evening drinking with friends? Don't think you just take a right out of the Shell station and then end up at this boat ramp that happens to be located in a residential area? Makes little sense IMO.

Hraefn, misgrn, Traymar and 4 others like this.
  14. 3dzer0

3dzer0 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a 21-minute drive minimum .. And based on the video there is no way she just accidentally showed up at the boat ramp, she would have to know about it at least. Being from this area I can honestly say it is not a common route.

upload_2019-5-15_20-11-46.png

afitzy, MFH, Hraefn and 9 others like this.
  15. 3dzer0

3dzer0 Well-Known Member

This is the route the individual in the video took ...

upload_2019-5-15_20-15-2.png

melodyl, Hraefn, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  16. theides

theides Well-Known Member

Just gazing over the specs for 2014 Chevy Cruzes: "Navigation from telematics." A separate onboard navigation system?

17. Bryant_Denny

Bryant_Denny Well-Known Member

Here’s the interstate route and one taking the backroads. There are a few other backroads I can think of to get to Saraland. Regardless of the route taken from Mobile to Saraland there are only 2 ways to get to this particular area on Hwy 43, both of which have heard have surveillance cameras.

Attached Files:

melodyl, afitzy, Hraefn and 7 others like this.
  18. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

melodyl, afitzy, Hraefn and 5 others like this.
  19. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

I got motion sickness watching. Seemed like fast driving! Ha. Watched again and was distracted by what appeared to be a large crack in the windshield. I should probably get some sleep and watch in the morning.

melodyl, afitzy, mks762 and 3 others like this.
  20. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

Respectfully, while I agree with much of what you've said, I do disagree with some important parts. Mainly, I'm feeling wiggly because IMO only, your stated explanation/argument is begging the question.

Practically speaking, your conclusion and any or all parts of your premise may turn out to be accurate. But from a purely logical standpoint I can't go there with you. For example, you state in various parts of your premise that DNV was: lost, freaking out and in total panic mode without her cell phone, driving for the first time in a while, not used to driving, not used to navigating roads, and realized she was lost.

These things you state aren't givens, to my knowledge. In MOO, that's just too many assumptions. But I respect your opinion and respect that you've considered many aspects of this case. If you drop those assumptions, can you see a possibility of foul play?

I can see a possibility of an accident, of course - although the sheer number of drownings by cars accidentally going in the water doesn't exclude other possibilities or explanations. I am trying to stay clear of Hoyle's Fallacy here...

I do really like your idea about her possibly following the wrong car, and this had not crossed my mind in the slightest before. My only hesitation with that is that I wonder why or if she would have been following anyone at that point. I could be wrong, but wasn't she thought to be headed back to Dublin's to retrieve her phone?

Also, as a local, I can tell you that Ollie's, Dublin's, and even that Shell station are on main roads and easy to find - all in West Mobile, and all accessible without getting on the interstate.

Saraland, on the other hand, is a world away to someone who lives, works, and goes to school in Mobile (with exceptions, of course). It's not convenient to get to and is a much different drive than just tooling around West Mobile. I really don't think she could be drunk enough not to know the difference yet be sober enough to drive.

However, if she thought she was - or if in fact she was - following another car somewhere, then it is possible she knew she wasn't in West Mobile and it was nevertheless her intention to follow the (hypothetical) other car.

In fact, possibly she WAS following another car - not the "wrong" one. Maybe someone (Car #3?) who enticed her to follow but had ill intent?

Anyway, thanks for your post. You made me look at this from some new angles - and that is always helpful. I'd be interested to hear if you can see any possibility of foul play (however low the probability).

All MOO, as always.

cedgison, Nerissa, afitzy and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.