Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

It's quite a coincidence that on the day that Danni bought a car, she vanished after pulling over at the Shell station to search for her missing phone. I agree that the timing would suggest that Danni voluntarily disappeared, and that whomever is responsible had to have personal knowledge about Danni and her plans that evening. If Danni had not forgotten her phone at the Dublin, we probably would not be discussing her disappearance.

2. otto

otto Verified Expert

I think the key to understanding what happened to Danni lies in means, motive, and opportunity. We know the opportunity was that Danni was alone at the Shell station shortly after 11PM. We don't know the means, but it's possible that a weapon was used.

The motive is the mystery. It's not a carjacking because there's no reason to take Danni if a carjacker wants the car. That leaves abduction where taking the car helps to confuse the investigation.

If the goal was to abduct a 25 year old mom and restaurant employee who is struggling to make ends meet while seeking full custody of her daughter, who benefits from her disappearance?

3. Lulajo

Lulajo Active Member

Where did you get information that DW delivered the phone to police?

OneEye likes this.
  4. otto

otto Verified Expert

Although police have not named the last person to see Danni (not surprising since the occupants of the third car are a mystery), police have said where she was when she was last seen.

"Danniella was last seen Tuesday, July 17, 2018 in the 3500 block of Government Blvd. wearing ... occupying a 2014 Chevrolet Cruz with a Pearl Motors paper tag."

: Mobile Police Department

"The company where Vian purchased her car confirms the car’s gps pinged at the Dublin and then at the shell gas station on Government and I65 that night."

Candlelight vigil for missing Mobile mom

"Danniella Vian hasn’t been seen since July 17, then on a surveillance tape at the Shell station on Government Boulevard near I-65.

Then, nothing. No GPS, it was turned off. No pings."

Day 11: Mobile mom still missing, few answers

5. otto

otto Verified Expert

I believe that was posted in thread 1 of this discussion.

It is also stated in #102 in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    ChiCubs2016, OneEye and mks762 like this.
  6. Lulajo

Lulajo Active Member

Also says she was alone in her car when last seen leaving the Shell station.

bluenoser and OneEye like this.
  7. Lulajo

Lulajo Active Member

By someone who has spoken with DW and confirmed he hand delivered the phone to police?

OneEye likes this.
  8. otto

otto Verified Expert

Post #102 details the timeline, including information about DW delivering the phone toMPD on July 20.

OneEye and mks762 like this.
  9. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

To me the #1 (and really the only) motive I see has to do with DNV turning her life around and accomplishing her goals which clearly stated in her own words- having her daughter overnight 80% of the time. That's why I am so focused on only one of my 4 theories I posted about earlier. I realize other things could have happened but there's only one motive I can see and it has everything to do with custody of DNV/TT's daughter.

10. Lulajo

Lulajo Active Member

I will go back and look at post 102. Wasn’t aware anyone had spoken with DW to confirm he hand delivered the phone. The only version I heard was that he gave it to JDT and she hand delivered it to LE. There was much discussion about her husband reading text messages while in transit to the police station.

bluenoser, OneEye and Keyedin like this.
  11. otto

otto Verified Expert

When we look at Danni's life, the last year certainly appears to be a time of change with well-defined achievable goals (her June goals list), and the remarkable accomplishment of the goal to buy a car. She had an apartment and planned to walk her daughter to school every day and look after her overnight. That is the only significant change in Danni's life - putting everything in place to obtain custody of her daughter.

We don't know if that is the motive for her disappearance, but no other significant change in her life has surfaced since her disappearance.

If the motive was to steal the car, there are many easier ways to do that - like taking it while she is sleeping in her apartment or at work. If the car was the motive, there's no reason to take the car while she is in it.

12. Lulajo

Lulajo Active Member

And, can someone enlighten me about searching posts by number? Not sure how to go about doing this...

13. Lulajo

Lulajo Active Member

I would say having a baby and giving it up for adoption was a significant change in her life.

14. otto

otto Verified Expert

It certainly means a healthier lifestyle and regular visits with health professionals. How would that relate to motive to abduct Danni and her car?

inmyhumbleopinion and OneEye like this.
  15. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

There's normally little comment numbers in the corner when you look on a desktop site, but I don't see them on my phone.

OneEye likes this.
  16. Lulajo

Lulajo Active Member

Ah-ha! I am on the phone, will have to dust off my laptop!

OneEye likes this.
  17. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

OT I know I know but IMO viewing this website on a computer is WAY better/easier to navigate. I hardly ever get on here on my cell phone because I like the desktop version of the website so much better. Definitely give it a try

GDUD, bluenoser, OneEye and 1 other person like this.
  18. Lulajo

Lulajo Active Member

I will do that...

GDUD and OneEye like this.
  19. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

Turn your phone sideways.

20. theides

theides Well-Known Member

A vehicle was stolen from the Mobile SPCA a few weeks ago. MPD located it recently, like this: (see attached image). Wheels, doors, engine - all gone. Car thieves and choppers are definitely alive and well in Mobile. I saw no indication of WHERE it was found. I'd hope MPD also poked around the area to see if DNV's vehicle was there.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.