Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Mobile Police ask public help to find missing woman

Danniella Vian, 24, was last seen July 17 in the 3500 block of Government Blvd.
    upload_2018-7-21_21-39-28.gif
    She was last believed to be wearing a 'Mellow Mushroom' t-shirt and hat. She was last known to be occupying a deep blue 2014 Chevrolet Cruz with a Pearl Motors paper tag.

Mobile Police ask public help to find missing woman

Mobile police search for missing woman

24-year-old Mobile woman reported missing

NBC 15, WPMI - TV Mobile

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3

Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2019
    inmyhumbleopinion and melodyl like this.
  2. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

The last thread is a mess and needs to be cleaned up when moderators have time. Looks like some guidelines are in order.

Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

*Do not bring information here from a closed or private facebook page. On an approved official missing person’s social media page you may only discuss comments made by the Administrators and a link must be provided.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed.

'Like' this post to indicate that you have read the guidelines.

3. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your patience.

Your enthusiasm and willingness to keep Danniella's case alive is greatly appreciated.

The last two threads had to be pulled because the discussion had veered so far off course that if we removed all the TOS violations there would be very
    few posts left.

I am going to repeat a few things I wrote in the above post so we can have it all in one place.

Our Verified Insider, Cedgison, requested to be removed as a VI. She is always welcome back as a VI in this case.

Please remember we do not allow any discussion of a psychic nature or any sort of metaphysical discussion.

We only allow discussion of the facts presented by law enforcement, the mainstream media, and our Verified members.

There is an exception. If you want to use what Cedgison, the verified insider, in this case, said in past post you can as long as
    there is no mention of psychics or any other violation of TOS.

No Facebook accounts can be discussed unless the Facebook account belongs to law enforcement, mainstream media outlets or approved family members.
    Same with Twitter.

Many of you have been using our messaging system to discuss the case while the thread has been closed. Please remember if you discussed anything that violates our terms of service you
    cannot bring the discussion to this thread.

Please use initials when discussing other people in this case. Remember unless a law enforcement agency has announced someone is a person of interest, aka P.O. I. you cannot
    accuse a random person of a crime.

I was told by a trusted source close to the case that Danniella's ex-boyfriend mother has the paperwork to prove he was in jail at the time Danniella went missing. I hope to get a look at the documentation myself soon. You can choose to believe this or not until I can see it for myself.

I hope some of you are looking at the bodies of water around the roads Danniella used the night she went missing. It seems many times when someone vanishes along with their car there is no foul play but just a tragic accident of someone driving their car into the water. In my opinion that is what could have happened here.

Basically, all you have to do is follow our terms of service.
    *No rumors
    *No posting innocent people's names or accusing them of the crime
    *Be polite to your fellow posters and do not make a post personal. Example: "You are wrong because you don't know what you are talking about".
    *Mainstream media, law enforcement, and approved sources only

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia

4. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  5. theides

theides Well-Known Member

6. theides

theides Well-Known Member

inmyhumbleopinion and Chelly like this.
  7. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

I think they are doing DNA testing to confirm but I could be wrong.

inmyhumbleopinion and 3dzer0 like this.
  8. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please note the above opening posts and continue discussion here.

9. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

10. Traymar

Not able to do the nighttime drive tonight after all, but was able to drive around the roads/neighborhoods on both sides of the bayou this afternoon.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures right now, but after my exploratory drive I have come to the conclusion that the boat ramp is not likely to be the car's entry point - IF she was driving and it was an accident.

Navigating the narrow roads and the various turns and curves would be difficult to do at night even if sober (if she wasn't familiar with the area). Due to those same challenges, plus a gravelly and uneven road surface, it would be hard to build up any significant speed before hitting the water if you were inadvertently driving down the boat ramp.

And I really feel that if she were driving at a neighborhood rate of speed and started heading down that ramp that she would realize it (drunk or not) soon enough to stop and/or get out.

Also, there are two lightposts right by the ramp that I noticed, but of course I do not know whether either or both are or were operational or turned on at night.

Another thing: that house is basically on top of the last paved part of the approach to the ramp. It's hard to imagine no one hearing any commotion if a car came driving fast down the road and splashed into the water. That particular neighborhood is pretty densely populated, and these seem in no way to be vacation homes - these are full time residents.

And around midnight on a weeknight I would expect most people to be home in bed - making it more likely they'd be alerted to crashes or disturbances taking place outside their windows during such typically quiet hours.

And I didn't see any mailboxes down - on either side of the bayou. Which leads me to the second residential area across the bayou from the boat launch. That neighborhood seems a bit nicer, with a lot of pretty, well-kept yards and attractive but unpretentious moderate-sized homes.

Interestingly, these homes have the bayou literally in their back yards, and there were several of them whose yards and/or driveways offered a gentle, seamless downhill slope right into the water. I didn't see any bulkheads or anything else to arrest the driver's progress into the water in these spots and I could actually imagine a (slightly or otherwise) intoxicated driver navigating those unfamiliar roads at night (without benefit a phone's GPS) unintentionally going into the water and being unable to get out.

Reasons I feel the first scenario less likely than the second:

1 - More congested area in first, with trickier turns and narrower roads, making it harder to make it to the boat launch while impaired without hitting something beforehand
    2- More densely populated in the first, with houses closer together - so more people to hear an unusual commotion
    3- Several signs posted at and before the boat launch, announcing that it is a boat launch or otherwise indicating its existence, thus increasing the odds that one of them would have caught her attention before she started going down the ramp
    4- Bigger yards in second area so more space to get down to the water without someone hearing you
    5- Possibly far more lighting in first area, providing a better chance for her to see signs or water before it was too late.

I can't rule out an accident, but I can't rule out something more nefarious either. I still don't understand what in the world she was doing in Saraland. I do have some new theories but I'll save them for another post.

This is all MOO.

11. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

Thank you Traymar for your posts! I also really love your avatar quote......

Yeah: I think I'm at a similar place as you with regard to this: it COULD still be an accident.....BUT.....
    she was not doing what she was supposed to be doing as per DW: which was going back to Dublins
    She quite knowingly & specifically was NOT going back there to find her phone....maybe she was going to after this little visit to Saraland.....but, why was she going there in the first place?
    That's the thing with this case: foul play doesn't really add up to me....but an accident is equally odd.....I lean toward accident merely because I think DW & anyone else involved were just 'trying to have a good time'.....& doing things not exactly legal....& then: boom & poof, this happens & there DNV goes into the gentle night....no one was trying to hurt/harm her, but everyone is covering their collective arses......

I just hope LE clears this up....if they just shrug & say 'accident' I will NEVER let it go.....

12. Nerissa

BTW Traymar: looking forward to your theories! TIA

13. Bryant_Denny

Bryant_Denny Well-Known Member

@Traymar great observation! I can’t wait to hear your theories either. Don’t get too specific with them though, I have posted twice only to have some read, give me likes and then wake up in the morning to see they have been deleted for “wild speculation without facts.” Seriously?! Strangely they weren’t even complete theories of how she disappeared and wound up in the water...moreso about the cell phone being lost and how it may have occurred. I’ll be checking often and can’t wait to hear your spin on things.

ChiCubs2016 and Traymar like this.
  14. Alethea

Alethea Well-Known Member

Just a tip- try to frame your theories in general terms without naming or pointing to any specific person. That tends to be what gets posts deleted. Also prefacing with a note that this is just your speculation for a possible scenario of what could have happened based on what we know from LE.

15. Bryant_Denny

Bryant_Denny Well-Known Member

Let’s start with the phone. Did we ever get confirmation of where it was recovered at Dublin’s? If it was recovered at Dublin’s. Did a member of the staff hand the phone over or was it found in the parking lot?

Why this is important if it was handed over by staff? Evidence by a witness that he returned to Dublin’s. Follows the story that the phone was accidentally left behind. This event falls in-line with the timeline and accounts for travel time until he arrives at Ollie’s. Do we have confirmation he arrived at Ollie’s around midnight?
    Why is this important if the phone was found in parking lot by him? Is there any evidence he returned to Dublin’s? What if he or she (other female-not DNV) had the phone or knew of its whereabouts the entire time? Is this unaccounted travel time before he arrives at Ollie’s? MOO this was part of the alibi. This is one part of the story that changes.
    What if right before they left she went to the restroom and left her phone on the table. One of her “friends” swiped the phone and put it away somewhere. Maybe turned it off at some point?When she returned her friends were in hurry up mode and they all left the bar. She didn’t have time to recall not having her phone. I can’t see her getting in her car and not reaching for her cell. Even just to dig it out of her purse to have close by in the event someone calls or texts her while she is driving. Furthermore, I can’t see her driving very far after she realized she didn’t have her phone and NOT turn around to go back and get it on her own.

I’m curious to know if once a cell phone is turned off if it still pings on towers. And what this data would look like on records, such as those I’m sure LE has attained. I’ll have to look this up tomorrow.

ChiCubs2016, Hraefn, misgrn and 2 others like this.
  16. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Cell phones don't ping if powered off or out of battery.

The phone and DW as a suspect was thoroughly explored in Thread 4 which I think may be locked.

According to JDT and (unverified) accounts from RC, Danni's phone was left in the parking lot where an employee found it. DW got it from that employee when he returned there, waited for Danni for around 20 minutes, then he left. While we have nothing verified from LE, it is likely that LE has confirmed this via CCTV or witness statements from the Dublin's staff.

As the phone is currently with LE, its timeline is not really relevant to how she got to the Bayou. I can see what you're getting at - trying to determine how suspicious DW or MK are - but you're coming at it from the wrong direction. Let evidence lead you to the guilty, rather than trying to find a reasonable scenario that fits your suspicions. Currently what we do know and what small evidence we do have points at two possibilities:

1. She drove herself into the Bayou
    2. Someone else pushed her into the Bayou.

If LE think she drove herself in, I expect the evidence of that to be a car still in drive and a cabin with internal damage indicating she tried to claw or kick her way out. I'm sorry to say suicide is more likely than accident IMO.
    If someone else pushed her in, all things point back to one place. That isn't to say DW is fully in the clear - statistically it is most likely to be him if she was indeed murdered, but there is just no evidence or motive we know of to consider him anything other than a witness.

17. DissociativeFugue

DissociativeFugue Well-Known Member

Do we have a positive ID on DV’s body yet?

18. DissociativeFugue

DissociativeFugue Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for doing this. Great insight as to how this could have happened. Much Appreciated!

19. Traymar

I don't have time to write much today, so will have to save most of it for tonight. But I will say that, IMO, either DNV or DW - or both - HAD to have made side plans that did not involve going straight to Ollie's or to Ollie's at all. There is no other explanation for them leaving Dublin's, headed to Ollie's, and then stopping at that Shell station ON THE WAY. That Shell station is in no pssible scenario on the way to Ollie's from Dublin's. Period.

And it's not like just one of them got turned around and ended up there. Two of them took that route. Why? Where were they going?

Also, one more thing to think about. Put yourself in DW's shoes. You barely know this "girl" who, according to DW himself, was following him for some unknown reason (he said he didn't know why). You're on your way somewhere. Where? Not to the airport - that's the opposite direction. Not home, I assume, since he still had to return the car to the airport.

But whatever - he was going somewhere. Then his plans are interrupted by this "girl" who is following him (previously unbeknownst to him). Not sure how he knew it was her, then, flashing her lights at him. It's not like she could call him and say, hey, it's me flashing my lights behind you, can we pull over up here?

But whatever - somehow he figures out it's her and he gets off the interstate and pulls into the Shell station. Whatever happens there, it is somehow established that her phone is back at Dublin's. If you're DW, would you return to Dublin's with her? Remember, you were going somewhere, you didn't even know she was behind you, you barely even know her. Plus you still have to return your rental and get home - it's a week night, after all.

But whatever - you decide to accompany her back to Dublin's to get her phone. Earlier, you had no idea she was following you, on the interstate no less, but you somehow figured out it was her and pulled over. Now you KNOW she's following you but somehow she's not at some point and you never realized it.

But whatever - back at Dublin's you find the phone. She's not there yet. You wait about 20 minutes and then leave. WITH THE PHONE. With HER phone that she is presumably on her way to retrieve. Why take it to Ollie's? How will she know that's what you've done? Why not leave it with the bartender at Dublin's? What if she shows up 5 minutes after you leave and she doesn't know what's going on? Even if the staff somehow know to tell her that you've taken it to Ollie's, now she has to make another drive without benefit of her phone. And remember, you barely know her. And that's her phone - a pretty personal item.

Tell me... what would you do if you were DW in this same scenario?

I am in no way accusing anyone of anything, and this is all just MOO.

Spartygirl, Gone Girl, 8paws and 12 others like this.
  20. Nerissa

Traymar: sure seems we both have some very similar thoughts, suspicions, doubts & questions @ DW...on an old thread....the one that was a 'mess' lol - there was all sorts of ideas & speculations...I don't even know what survived the moderator clean up....

Yeah: it's all too weird.....one thing too about DW: he said he was going home - so, as you pointed out, later he decides instead of just going straight home after all this hullabaloo with this gal he hardly knows - now he decides to go & return the rental car: why not just go home like he had been planning earlier in the evening, you'd think he'd be even more anxious just to get home & relax not go out of his way to return the car - ? Eh. Of course, it's highly likely he wasn't going home from Dublins initially, and he always intended on returning the car that night....

Whenever I try to come up with situations wherein DNV was murdered it all seems...convoluted: just, all of the variables, the cars, the driving, unknown destinations: nothing really adds up right...
    But then whenever I try to figure that, despite some kind of hinkiness going on, it was, in the end: an accident - that darn pesky GPS system going kaput while she's sitting there at that Shell for 15-20 minutes when according to DW she should have been headed back to Dublins: makes me go back to thinking her death was deliberate......

I wonder if LE knows who car #3 is...? If they don't, and there are no other leads - I'm afraid that DNV's case may be closed :( Starting to think I'll have to adjust myself to that reality & accept we'll never know all that really happened

8paws, GarAndTeed, 5150angel and 8 others like this.