Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Iva

Iva New Member

First time poster here. I have been following this case diligently since the very beginning, both here on Websleuths and in other places online... There have been several times I thought about posting an opinion or theory or the like, but always ended up deciding it didn't really feel like it would contribute anything useful. I still feel as if I want to refrain from really discussing my thoughts on what I think may have happened, but there is one thing that I feel like needs to be brought to a point of discussion at the point we've now reached in this case. I'm absolutely not alluding to any type of implications of involvement or guilt on anyone's behalf, but I keep seeing everyone posting for several pages now about why exactly MPD pulled the surveillance footage, which is a very reasonable frustration, but I just want to point out this section from JDT's interview with LordanARTS on YouTube, starting around 37:29:

John Lordan: "Have you ever seen that footage?"

JDT: "I have seen it once on the news, and while I was watching it I was calling the police asking them 'what is this?' because they actually told me that there was no surveillance. And they were VERY upset that it was on, the news station had actually obtained this footage and they were not gonna release that, they actually were telling me that there was no footage, that it was all motion activated and they didn't get close enough to the... they made up a story, that there was none. And I couldn't, ahh okay, you know, well, keep looking, you know. Well then it comes on the news, okay here's footage from the Shell, that she was at. So I'm calling them and talking and they're very upset about it, you know, this could put Danniella in danger, you know, so I called the news station and I let them know, you know, I told them what they told me, you know, that they want that pulled, they said it could put Danniella in danger, you know, is there any way y'all could not show that again? So they did, they pulled it. So you know, they're saying it was by the police's request, it was actually me that, you know, myself that called and asked them not to do it again, but it was because of what the police had told me."

Again, I'm not implying anything. I just feel that if it really was just JDT who called the news station and MPD may or may not have ever made an effort to also call NBC 15 or any other local news stations themselves, that it's worth at least noting and considering how this may make things look slightly different when reanalyzing the sequence of events. MOO

Edited for formatting.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. sandmannc

sandmannc Member

Welcome aboard!!! Hope you continue to post! Enjoyed this post of yours!

3. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Great post! First time posting on this particular thread, although I have followed it from the beginning! I have a really hard time believing that the video was removed just because JDT called and asked them to remove it. I’m not even sure I understand her angle of trying to insinuate that she is responsible for the video’s removal. Honestly, I’m not sure I believe half of what she has said thus far. JMO
    ing

4. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Another thing, while it’s on my mind, is DNVs phone. I know it hasn’t been discussed in awhile, but I was just listening to a podcast yesterday (not sure if I can name it-don’t want to break the rules) and the host stated that while DW had the phone that TT called it and in the conversation gave DW the phone number for JDT and told him to call her about it. Sorry if this has been discussed but that would make perfect sense regarding how he got JDT’s phone number. I know it’s been speculated before that he somehow got it from DNV phone, but according to the podcast TT gave the number to him. Did JDT say that DW specifically called her from DNV phone? Or did she just say that he called her to say he had her phone?

afitzy, Hraefn, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  5. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly she couldn’t remember what phone DW had called her from. But I agree, it makes sense that TT called DNV’s phone and gave DW the number for JTD.

You don’t need a passcode to answer a phone call so makes sense that DW was able to answer TTs call.

Then JDT and Mr JDT contacted DNVs friend to obtain her phone passcode.

afitzy, misgrn and Suglo like this.
  6. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike! That’s pretty much the scenario I was thinking probably took place. Now that you mention it, JDT did say something to the effect of not remembering how he called her. Didn’t she even go as far as to say that she tried getting her call log but couldn’t? I always found that to be very strange! JMO

7. insearchoflight

Yes she couldn’t remember and couldn’t look it up. Sounds to me like she was trying to make DW look guilty.

ChiCubs2016 and afitzy like this.
  8. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

I agree. Do we know if TT and DW knew each other?

misgrn likes this.
  9. insearchoflight

That I don’t know. I did read some Facebook posts of TT talking about DW but cannot share here I believe.

misgrn likes this.
  10. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Darn! I don’t do the Facebook thing, so I get most of my information from the brilliant folks here at WS! However, the podcast almost made it sound like they were at least acquaintances, but I can’t be sure. JMO

misgrn likes this.
  11. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Was this around the same time that JDT was asking anyone that had a cell phone to help her convince DNV mobile provider (think it was cricket) to give her DNV phone records? That was just one in a long line of off the hook crazy JDT moments IMO. At times she just looked unhinged, possibly intoxicated or at a minimum heavily medicated IMO.

From all the different JDT stories we have heard over so many months (DW early phone call about DNV phone that needed to be returned was just one of the many stories that changed multiple times).

I honestly question whether JDT has the ability to answer any question truthfully or in a straightforward manner? The responses from JDT are frequently scattered and incomprehensible (interview quoted above by first time poster was classic JDT IMO. What in the world is she talking about? There is an idea perhaps under all the nonsense but its frankly incoherent speech IMO 99% of the time).

Then there are the times when she tries to answer the question and then 5 min into her response she turns to the person that asked the question as says, "What was the question again"! Can't make this stuff up and we had months and months and months of this over and over.

JDT IMO was a distraction, hindrance and irritant to this case and again MOO I don't think JDT cared anything about finding DNV or what happened to her but only wanted to lockdown custody and social security for herself and CT and protect her son TT at any cost. I am no fan of MPD and their handling of this case but frankly I wished they had charged JDT with hindering the investigation and tampering with evidence (for the ransacking of DNV apt with TT) and tossed her ass in jail.

MzAlexis, Curious Guy, Suglo and 11 others like this.
  12. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

DNV was well aquainted with DW. JDT was either not telling the truth or didn't know the truth about DW IMO. I think that I might have respected JDT a bit more if when she didn't know something she would say the simple phrase, "Sorry, I don't know". The fairy tale relationship stories of DNV/TT etc. at times seemed to be pulled from some soap opera that JDT was binge watching on Netflix IMO. Zero honesty from JDT about TT drug use, TT DV towards DNV, TT jail time, TT arrest, TT suicide and the list goes on and on and on.

What I am curious about is why MPD has NEVER made a public statement to the effect that that the alibi's of the so called 'Mobile Family' have been checked and rechecked. This case has never had a POI and no suspects have ever been named. Why?

13. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

100% agree with everything you said! It is unbelievable to me that they just tossed her stuff out so soon after she was missing! And... IF TT was supposedly “living” there with DNV, then why in the world we he just get rid of her stuff and close up shop like they did? Nothing about this situation screams “accident” IMO.

14. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Exactly! I can’t figure out what angle the MPD is coming from at all. And what authority does JDT think she has that would make a news station pull CCTV footage? Like they would take direction from her!! Give me a break! MOO

15. theides

theides Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really doubt that they took the video down because JDT requested it. The most credit I am willing to supply there is that her call might have tipped them off that MPD was mad. If I'm a legitimate news station, I don't just remove something because somebody tells me that MPD is unhappy - I call MPD to confirm. This is purely JMO, but especially with what seems to be the culture between the media and police around here, I feel like criminal investigative journalism is squashed over concerns from the news media about upsetting MPD. Seems like they're completely uninterested in stepping on any toes at any time for fear it might prevent them from getting an exclusive.

StarEyes, afitzy, Gigi3 and 8 others like this.
  16. 3dzer0

3dzer0 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more ... As far as JDT, I imagine from her perspective it was her call that got them to remove the video, I don't see this as anything negative etc.. I am sure that the reporter called MPD or MPD called the reporter to have it removed. If I remember correctly the reporter stated that MPD asked for it to be removed out of fear that if it was released it could put Danniella in danger. I have always been suspecting of those words being uttered considering MPD has released video numerous times when trying to find someone why is it this time it could put them in danger? Obviously, the statement had some substance....

StarEyes, afitzy, Gigi3 and 4 others like this.
  17. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

Welcome to WS, Iva. What a great post!

I think LE was “VERY upset” because now JDT was aware that the footage existed.

According to JDT:

because they actually told me that there was no surveillance. And they were VERY upset that it was on, the news station had actually obtained this footage and they were not gonna release that, they actually were telling me that there was no footage, that it was all motion activated and they didn't get close enough to the... they made up a story, that there was none.” (BBM)

It sounds as though LE wasn’t being entirely truthful with JDT. There must be a reason why LE didn’t tell her about the footage, IMO. What’s interesting to me is that not only did LE essentially lie to her about whether there was any surveillance video, but as JDT says herself, “they made up a story” about some motion-activated cameras.

This was early in the case, so perhaps the investigators were keeping everything close to the chest at least until they had a fairly good idea of what might have happened to Danniella. But based on the Lordan video, it doesn’t sound like JDT ever got to see the video.

Also, I believe I’ve heard JDT say several times “this could put Danniella in danger” (if the footage were to be released to the public, I assume). Has she explained why that would be the case? If it came from LE, I’m wondering maybe it’s another a story “they made up.”

I would be surprised if it really was JDT who told the station to pull the video and the reporter did not verify her claim with MPD. Or maybe JDT did call them, but completely on her own, or without consulting with MPD. Perhaps the station then checked with MPD, and they told them to let JDT do what she wants. This is unlikely, but who knows, MPD leaked the video to see what would happen.

I do think it’s possible that Danniella’s death was due to an accident. And if it weren’t for the stop at the Shell station, the whole situation involving the car GPS, and where she was found, I don’t think I would be having such a hard time accepting it. I’m very anxious to find out what evidence LE has as almost everything we “know” about the case so far has come from JDT.

18. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

There is a dash-cam video posted upthread showing the route Danniella's vehicle took from Shell station to boat ramp. The route is so long and meandering, it is difficult to believe DNV accidentially, or even purposely, drove herself to that obscure boat ramp and into the water to her death. IMO

19. insearchoflight

Agreed. For this to be an accident, she had to be in that area for some reason to begin with. Those closest to Daniella say there is no reason she would be in that area. It doesn’t make sense. Find out why she was in that area and I think that will answer a lot. MOO

20. powpow

powpow Member

I see some talk about JDT requesting video footage taken down.

NBC 15 says this on their page:

Exclusive: Surveillance video may show missing Mobile mother
    by Andrea Ramey/Nicole Fierro

Thursday, July 26th 2018
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) — [NOTE: NBC 15 has removed the surveillance video at the request of Mobile Police]

Surveillance video obtained by NBC 15 News shows what could possibly be the last time missing Mobile mother Danniella Vian was seen.