Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Oh, I definitely think the MPD requested the video to come down because I don’t see the station removing it due to a member of the public telling them to take it down. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the removal at all. If they say this situation is “accidental” then how would that video being released have any effect on this case? IMO it wouldn’t. However, they pulled that video quickly, and I believe there has to be a good reason why! Why would JDT say that it could put DNV in danger? There has to be something more to that darn CCTV! MOO!

2. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Yes, Nicole Fierro made a post on TV station SM and website that the video had been taken down at the request of LE. LE has NEVER confirmed this statement by Nicole though and MPD has NEVER spoken about the video. WHY NO COMMENT EVER FROM MPD?

3. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

And that is a great question! Where are all the news outlets and reporters that should be questioning these details? Nothing but crickets! MOO

4. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Unless there is a clear shot of a profile, clothing or face they need identified, there is no reason to release the video.

When you have a young woman go missing, and the report you're being given is sketchy, you're going to treat the case as a potential crime. You pull surveillance and check it for whatever. In this case, it was to corroborate the info given to them by Pearl Motors on where her car's last location was and likely also where DW said he was. We know they have more than the shell station, the CCTV across the street is reportedly excellent and was functional, they've checked all the bars and possibly a traffic cam as they could tell us she parted ways with car 3 sometime after they both exited the Shell. The Shell CCTV may show a drug deal, or sexual activity or something else that could harm an innocent person's family or reputation.Or, it could just be so bad in quality that it would be unhelpful for the public to view it. Early on we were told by a local that this Shell is known for its poor CCTV and thus used for drug activity at night often. The last thing LE needs (and this thread, IMO) is a ton of speculation on what a blob on a grainy cam might be. If DW is a suspect, the tape can't be released. If he isn't, the tape is irrelevant.

Danni hasn't been released, buried or memorialized yet, which is an important indicator they don't really think this was an Accident accident. I personally think MPD has a case and is lying to the public for a reason. Trying to pick apart their investigation here is not helpful. If one of her BFFs would like to champion for her by talking to the media, or to us or a PI, that might be helpful. If the people in Saraland that live near the ramp can check any CCTV in the neighbourhood, that would be helpful.

JMO.

I really don't know what to say about JDT. A lot of people act crazy during MP cases. To keep my comparison of this case to Emily Dull Anderson going, Emily's sister was an absolute monster during the investigation (and still is) to where, had she not been in Disneyland with her husband, she would have absolutely been a suspect, even with heavier facts at play like Emily potentially being a member of fetlife, having a recent blow-out breakup, working in bars, potential jealous ex husband, exposure to drugs or alcohol etc. I might still give her the side-eye if she wasn't fighting so hard to get Emily's case solved.

But JDT's interviews are all over the place and she has a motive. I'm not sure how we can help Danni on this thread while sticking to the very long post 2 and 3 at this point. I'd love to ask a pro for a professional opinion on the above if he is willing.
    @Falcon500 if you have a little time, the questions coming up over and over again in this case are:
    1. Why would Mobile PD not release, lie about and then pull CCTV from the media?
    2. Why would Mobile PD not discuss the case with their local media at all?
    3. Would the presence of a show like First 48 or Dateline prevent details from reaching the public?
    4. Is there a reason LE would lie or speculate about Danni's death being an accident days after confirming it as a homicide investigation?
    5. What would indicate an obvious accident vs homicide in a submerged car death?
    6.Are there any other details about the timeline or people you can comment on?

Here is a recap for your convenience:
    JDT is the paternal grandmother of Danniella's daughter.
    Timeline: AL - AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3
    JDT Interview Transcript with video link #351
    A case map: Danniella Vian - Google My Maps
    Overview with JDT interview
    Family desperate for clues in Alabama mother’s disappearance
    Human remains discovered in submerged vehicle in Bayou Sara

5. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

6. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I think you bring up some interesting issues in your post and your POV on MPD is certainly more optimistic than mine is given that the DNV body was found over a month ago at this point. I question whether MPD even after a year has any clue as to the timeline of the case and they certainly appear to have no clue as to how DNV ended up in Saraland (a location that was off her radar according to close friends).

JDT seems to have heaved a big sigh of relief now that the DNV body was identified and she has crawled back into the hole she came out of and seems secure in getting her social security checks/child support for CT and relieved that no more questions will be asked of either her or her family. I was never convinced JDT cared a bit about DNV and instead simply sought some answers to make sure that the CT custody issue would be resolved once and forever IMO. I don't think I've pitied a survior of a missing case more than I pity the situation for poor CT given the family cards she has sadly been dealt IMO.

I'm not inclined to give the MPD any slack on this case as they have seemed to be silent and frankly asleep as investigators every step of the way IMO. The Chief circled the wagons early to keep the case local as no FBI and no State Crime Team were brought in and in hindsite this was probably an early tip off that zero would ever be done on the case. In the 2 early press conferences the Chief seemed ill prepared and frankly uncertain as to what his detectives were even up to on the case. There was zero sense of urgency by the MPD to engage the public or demonstrate a commitment of any sort to figuring out the timeline for the case and the situation with the autopsy results is just more of the same IMO. The most recent statements from the Chief that happened before the autopsy report was even back seemed dangerously premature and seemed oddly focused on convincing the public that a serial killer isn't on the loose in Mobile! Really?

Many locals on this thread expressed support for the Chief and his track record and so I've hung with this case since the very beginning and hoped that the folks that supported the Chief might be right. I kept waiting for some case update or indicator that any of the Dectectives on the case were doing something or anything and that DNV was on the radar of the MPD. All we have sadly heard on this case is crickets....very loud crickets. Why?

When the sound of silence is so completely deafening in my mind we are only left with the possiblity that there is a coverup going on and that the Chief and the MPD are simply waiting for this case to be consigned to cold case status (not that it was ever even lukewarm IMO). The other thing that has me strongly believing that whatever the timeline and 'truth' of this case will never come out is that the Press has been absolutely complicit with the wishes of the Chief from the beginning. Not one press outlet bucked the MPD plan to do nothing and say nothing on this case. We've seen zero investigative work by the local press on this case and I think this is by design of the MPD, even with the overall quality of the local journalists to be so below the standard of what we expect in a medium sized city with nationally affiliated stations and active newspapers.

You talk about not 'picking apart the case' in your comment and I respect that is your POV. But I seriously wonder if people hadn't been on WS and other places on Social Media keeping this case going and alive in the public whether the little that has been done would have been done by MPD? I seriously doubt it!

What I think I've learned in this case is that there are standards of policing based on 'who' you are and 'where you are from' and so far as I can see that in this case DNV going missing was treated by the Chief and MPD as a 'disposible human being' and 'unimportant' and 'not worthy of resources' and this makes me angry and sad as I thought Mobile was better than that but I guess it really isn't. Not one word from the Mayor or anyone in local or State Govt. or the DA for the duration of this case to even ask for an update on behalf of a young daughter whose Mom was missing. Just the sound of crickets..... Pathetic IMO!

7. Redherring4321

Redherring4321 Active Member

Apparently this episode has been rescheduled for June 28.

8. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

...and there is the answer for why so quiet.

3dzer0, afitzy, misgrn and 5 others like this.
  9. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

@Vail - Thank goodness you are the voice of reason here. Carry on. :cool:

Steph8angels, 3dzer0, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  10. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

What's the answer for 'why so quiet'? I keep waiting and waiting for LE to do anything or say anything and its simply endless crickets.... I'm not convinced anything is going on. Are you?

11. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

The fact that LE does not inform the public of what is happening in its investigation does NOT mean that nothing is going on. LE owes nothing to the public. It is in the best interest of Danniella and the investigation to not provide details. There are shady characters involved in this case. It is just a matter of time until there is enough evidence for an arrest or GJ. Be patient

EllaMae, rtothee, Alethea and 7 others like this.
  12. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

I, like @afitzy , too am confused at the "...and there is the answer for why so quiet." by @Vail in response to the tv show being pushed back a couple days. Further confused by your response as well Chelly.
    I said a few pages back and was met with a few who disagreed with me that I don't think LE owes us anything and all that, but I'm confused by the other convo going on here. The tv show was pushed back "and there is the answer for why so quiet" What does that mean?? What's the answer??

misgrn, afitzy, Gigi3 and 4 others like this.
  13. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with @Chelly that LE/MPD owes us as outsiders nothing on this case. But I do think MPD owes DNV, her family and her child/children some answers and a timeline at a minimum. I think MPD also owes answers to the citizens of Mobile and I am baffled why as of now not one city official has made a statement requesting an update on behalf of DNV daughter and family. Not one person in government city or state has asked EVER that I can find in MSM. Pathetic IMO and to me and indicative of the cancer that permeates justice for the less priviledged of Mobile and Alabama. The press coverage, which I've railed about since day 1 on this case, has been pathetic and ineffectual and is just another reason why I believe that someone somewhere has a vested interest in the details of this case ever coming to light.

While I would love to give the benefit of the doubt on this case to MPD, sadly after all this time and little to nothing in terms of information or at least some feeble path towards justice for the missing victim I have given up on MPD and the Chief of Police. Yep, don't believe we will ever see anything from MPD to explain what happened to DNV as they either don't know or simply don't care or probably both IMO. JDT and TT have crawled back into their holes and their financial futures are secured by social security payments for CT care so they don't care anymore about justice or even what happened to DNV. DNV friends also seemed to have melted away and crawled back into their holes and frankly they never seemed to fight too hard against MPD on behalf of their friend so far as we could see. Justice Mobile Style IMO has been disappointing and frankly pathetic to watch. But I guess the people of Mobile just yawn and say this is how things are done in Mobile.

What convinced me that the game was cooked for DNV almost from Day 1? It was the way the Chief has behaved in his public interaction on this case from the first Press Conference to his most recent weak comments about all signs indicate an accident. This investigation was never taken seriously by MPD IMO and we saw no outside assistance from State Crime or even FBI as we see in other missing investigations. I also believe that the delay (intentional or not is debatable IMO) in reporting the missing case by JDT or any of DNVs friends doomed this case as critical time was lost and this time combined with weak policing made it impossible to ever figure out what happened.

I totally respect @Chelly and her POV and perhaps she is right that eventually some day something might be done to explain what happened to DNV. I wish I shared her optimism but I sadly cannot based on what we have seen on this case IN COMPARISON to what we have seen MPD do on other cases since the DNV case happened.

14. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

They are public servants. They owe us everything that is not explicitly protected under law. The law protects open investigations, but only inasmuch as the information would jeopardize the investigation.

15. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Perfectly said! Take note MPD and Mayor of Mobile!

Steph8angels and missingm like this.
  16. powpow

powpow Member

I don't see the Danniella Vian story on Investigation Discovery for tonight. Anyone know when it's going to air, if at all? Did MPD request cancellation of the show as well?

ChiCubs2016, Suglo and afitzy like this.
  17. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

It still shows for me at 7:00 pm tonight. The show is called “Still a Mystery” and the episode is “The Gone Girls” which is about Danniella Vian and Holly Moore.

18. powpow

powpow Member

Watched it... did not see the shell station video. That's really all I care about because Daniella could have been killed at the prior bar, where her phone was found, and everything after was staged.

19. Redherring4321

Redherring4321 Active Member

They didn't reference the video at all and completely left out Dublin's Pub (the actual bar she left from) but showed Heros and Olies.

But I still don't know what to think. I keep going back and forth on my theories.

20. Xina_Marie

Xina_Marie Well-Known Member

Just watched Still a Mystery. Seemed like a rehash of everything already discussed here, but two things seemed new to me...if they have been discussed before, please let me know.

1. According to JDT: A friend let herself into Daniella's apartment to get some things and it was a journal that she removed several pages from. JDT is indignant because she is still a missing person at this point and she throws lots of shade on the friend, but then JDT speculates there was information about the friend in the journal she did not want police to see. So she throws the friend under the bus and then gives her some CPR afterward.

2. Facebook Messenger audio FROM DW to DV which captures the two talking to each other. The narrator describes it as "muffled" and "disturbing." JDT describes it variously as DV sounded "hard to listen to" (emotionally or literally hard to hear?),"drugged", "in distress","can barely talk."

There is a lot to unpack on point no. 2:

If it is hard to listen to literally, how can she get what they are saying or surmise that DV is in distressed and drugged?

How does someone DV just met that night have her contact information on Facebook? How does someone pocket message the person they are actually with at that moment and having a live conversation with? The only way I could imagine this happening is if the two knew each other for a while and were using Messenger to communicate under the radar that evening. I am not sure if DW and DV had an ongoing relationship or not, but in a previous life I had a friend who was dating a co-worker he was not supposed to be dating. He introduced his co-worker to me so that the co-worker and I would start going out together and he could join us. He could be with his co-worker/girlfriend and still have plausible deniability of their relationship (unbeknowst to me). Maybe something like that was going on.

I love how JDT described getting access to DV's FB because DV left herself logged into JV's computer. Mhmmm. Sure thing, lady. JDT is such a shucker and jiver it makes it hard to believe anything she has to say.

Just as an aside, I was amused by JDT's indignation at how the police tore her nephew's house up. She repeated it like three times. Poor thing holds a woman shackled and tortured against her will for weeks, but messing up his house is a bridge too far! From what it looked like on the outside, the cops putting a battering ram through the front door improved the look of the house.

Don't mind me. Someone put a couple extra shots of snark in my coffee this morning.