Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

another thing that stuck in my craw @ DW: was that after he contacted JDT she said to take DNV's phone to her work, that she'd be at work - drop it off to her. (also JDT said DNV was prone to leaving/losing her phone so she wasn't initially concerned)
    Why didn't DW take the phone to her work? I'd really like to know why - it's one of those things where in the back of my mind I think: because he knew she wouldn't be there, that's why.

Another thing that's pretty obvious here is that if the person(s) in car #3 have never come forward: then either they were indeed involved in her death OR they were up to very illegal stuff that prevents them from doing so.....ie, drug dealers for instance
    If car #3 had nothing to hide they would have come forward with information......stuff like this, the GPS, etc. makes it almost impossible for me to believe this was an accident.

Gone Girl, Hraefn, misgrn and 5 others like this.
  2. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

BBM
    Something that makes this whole case so frustrating is the lack of information that we know. LE has basically told us nothing. For all we know they know exactly who car 3 is, have talked to them, and have cleared them!
    We don't even have an official positive ID on the body in DNV's car (right?)!! Yet they're already ready to say it was an accident?? I don't know, I'm just sitting here waiting (and waiting and waiting) for anything more from LE. But along the same lines as you said in your other post @Nerissa it's looking more like I'm going to need to just accept that I'll never be satisfied with the way this case turns out.

ChiCubs2016, Hraefn, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  3. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I understand your logic in this post, but IMO I don't think its absolutely possible to assume DNV was a random 'girl' that had never met any of the people she was with the night she disappeared. DNV had known RC for a number of years-worked with him tending bar, was acquainted with MK and by all accounts had known DW for awhile as he allegedly had known her from some of the various restaurants she worked at in Mobile and RC was very good friends with both MK and DW for years (weddings, christenings, holidays etc.). The way DW postured himself when interacting with JDT and Mr JDT when filing the police report and dealing with the phone was always inexplicable IMO as it almost seemed that he was pretending not to have known DNV at all. We explored some of these issues back in a much earlier thread and the local paper (Langinape if I recall) alluded to some of this information in an interview that JDT gave that effectively 'outed' the people with DNV the night she disappeared. Just tossing this info out there again for those that weren't around for the early threads when we tried to understand who DNV was with the night she disappeared and why her close circle of friends somehow seemed absent that night. I will attempt to dig up the local paper references as my recollection is that someone on this thread that was local found it and posted it for reference.

4. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree and share your doubts about things not adding up. I am curious if MPD can figure out based on the DNV car odometer how many miles DNV drove that day between when she picked up her car and when the car arrived in Saraland? The odometer reading would have been indicated on the sale documents for the car so we/MPD at least have a starting point. We drew so many maps trying to understand where DNV and DW could have been heading to try to understand why/how they were even in the same neighborhood as the Shell station on the night DNV disappeared.

Its also been so baffling watch the local press on this case as specific questions to MPD about the car and its state when found have been left unasked. IMO it seems that the press danced lightly around this case from the time that the Shell Station video was pulled. We listened to the 2 early press conferences given by the Chief and there really were no hard hitting questions of an investigative nature asked by the Press publically. IMO this was always confusing as in other cities the Press would have dug in their heels and kept working the case. On a purely speculative basis I've always wondered if there was a reason for MPD to protect whoever was at the Shell station that night with DNV? IMO I just never saw this level of diligence by the local press as they seemed to wait passively for information from MPD which for whatever reason was never forthcoming. This entire situation with the press for the duration of this case totally baffled me.

5. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems awfully convenient that the two ways her location could be tracked were both out of play by 11:30 that night (while she was still in Mobile). Car 3 is key, for sure. So is knowing whether 1 and 3 are the same.

Btw, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that, IMO, they were not heading south on 65 before they got off at the Shell station. Instead, I think they went through town, past Ollie's and cut through on Lakeside, turning left onto the service road and left into the Shell station.

The reason I think this is because I am convinced they were going somewhere - not Ollie's. But why (or how) go north to Saraland if you were initially headed south (away from Saraland)?

On the other hand, why not head north on 65 from where they were at Dublin's if that was always the plan? They were headed southwest for some reason.

Were they planning to go somewhere else first and then head to Saraland? Or did Saraland become the contingency plan when things went sideways?

Again, not pointing fingers at anyone. This is all MOO.

Vail, Bryant_Denny, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  6. Nerissa

Traymar - you're a breath of fresh air....I've been, & have, thrown my hands up with this case.....
    But, you give hope that maybe some rationale, some logic, can come forth
    DNV was ('is' to my mind) so bright, charismatic, hopeful & with a heart of gold: I want this case to be solved, whichever way it goes....I don't want her drowning in her new car she worked so hard for without answers....

7. Traymar

Yes, I agree with everything you are saying. If DW is not Car 3, then how did he not notice that DNV wasn't following him out of the station? And if he is not car 3 then as you said, someone should have come forward.

As a matter of fact it seems strange that they would pull the video if they did NOT know who car 3 was. It seems they'd be asking the public for help identifying him/her and asking the driver to come forward to answer questions about how DNV was when they were last seen there on camera.

Their pulling it makes me think it is DW, because if the police cleared him they may not want to have the public thinking otherwise after seeing the video. Maybe they felt it might cast doubt where there should be none. Unfortunately pulling it probably had the opposite effect, IMO.

Again, this is all MOO.

Vail, turanna25 and rtothee like this.
  8. Nerissa

As far as I understand no one has been cleared - and, according to a verified insider car #3 was NOT DW...and believe me: this verified insider seemed not to want to believe that....
    however: it is true that DW did indeed retrieve her phone: it would be awesome if there were some surveillance to use as fact as to WHEN he retrieved her phone: was it while car 3 was at the Shell or not...?

inmyhumbleopinion, misgrn and Traymar like this.
  9. Traymar

Yeah, I don't think he didn't know her, but isn't that the official story/spin? I was pointing out that if it were true then all the stuff with the phone is even that much more inexplicable.

misgrn likes this.
  10. Traymar

Well car 3 being in fact a third car kind of fits in with my theories on this whole thing anyway. For one thing, the timeline is tight for DW, and his movements largely accounted for, as far as I can tell.

I'm thinking the 3rd car had something to do with their plans. I think they went through town to the Shell (IOW not via the interstate) and were always planning to get on the interstate there at 90 - to head to Saraland?

I can still see scenarios both where it was an accident and where it wasn't. MOO.

ChiCubs2016 and misgrn like this.
  11. Nerissa

supposedly they knew each other a bit more than one would think...a bit more than DW telling JDT he 'has this girls phone'...
    it seems they ran in the same circles...let's say previously folks stated that they DID know each other: maybe not well, but some speculated maybe much more so than we'd think...this is from knowledge of respective inner circles of friends and facebook
    Either way DW distanced himself from her: just about immediately. I know of no account wherein he went back to that Shell station to look for her....nope: he returned his rental car & went home: DNV left to the mists

misgrn and Traymar like this.
  12. Nerissa

yes - that's the thing: isn't it: if DW & car 3 are connected & nothing deliberately nefarious happened: why not just say so?
    I have theories @ this: but, the GPS gets in the way or the mere fact they simply didn't say what happened....something happened - it either was very very bad, or very very illegal....maybe both....
    There is lying, there is secrecy, - as far as we know: car 3 occupants have NEVER come forward...
    lets hope LE has much more information than we can fathom: & when they get back what they need @ forensics & such they'll let us know the full story.....maybe they know more about DW, about that car 3: but until she was found could not piece it together: if they CAN, they better darn well share it with us!!

inmyhumbleopinion, misgrn and Traymar like this.
  13. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

I had always thought it was in the club. In this case I wonder if there was a struggle where she lost the phone and she wasn't in the car at the shell station.

14. Alc123

Alc123 New Member

Ive been following and finally made an account. Last night I was watching the dateline episode of the girl in Oregon and they mentioned when they were looking for the suspected guy, they pinged his phone. After going to that location and realizing he was never there, the detective said it was a false ping. And that happens from time to time. What are the odds the phone pings are false based on the timeline that is hearsay at this point?! Please correct me if I’m wrong on this timeline is it vetted to be correct and accurate?! I checked mpd blog they created and read an article from sept and never once see a timeline posted.

inmyhumbleopinion, Hraefn and Nerissa like this.
  15. Nerissa

Alc123 - not sure why you're interested in a 'ping' in DNV case: if it's the GPS, the 'ping' is from the GPS in the car itself, this GPS last 'pinged' at the Shell station, then went silent.

DNV did not have her phone, there is no doubt that she didn't have her phone: an employee of Dublins saw DW looking in the car lot: said that a phone had been found & given to Dublins for safe keeping...this phone was then handed over to DW

& missingm: one of my initial theories was that something happened in the Dublins lot: certainly possible: but apparently it was not uncommon at all for DNV to misplace her phone. However, to do so in a parking lot is odd indeed....first thing I think: a struggle that results in her phone being misplaced/dislodged, etc

misgrn and missingm like this.
  16. Nerissa

Alc123 - if you're wondering about DW's phone or anyone else's - unfortunately that's the provenance of LE: and they haven't shared that information with us...yeah: if we had the information from DW's phone and any other POI - that would be interesting! I don't doubt LE does have that information: us poor Sleuths, on the other hand: not so lucky ;)

17. Alc123

Alc123 New Member

18. Alc123

Alc123 New Member

Ok that is what I was wondering!!! Thank you!! Didn’t see this reply before I replied before!

misgrn and Nerissa like this.
  19. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm so sad about this. I knew she was probably deceased due to the length of time missing but why did someone kill Danniella. :(

20. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people that won't be satisfied with how this one ends. Not having a positive ID, despite the car being found 19 days ago, doesn't help anybody - MPD or those of us who are genuinely curious to know more details and what may have happened. In fact, given that it's been so long without a positive ID, I almost wonder if it was even DNV that was found in the car (just because it was her car doesn't mean it was her inside). I don't know... I have a LOT of questions still. Perhaps more now than ever before.