Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

1. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

This is what I don't understand. Pearl Motors last pinged DNV's car at the Shell she was allegedly last seen at. But, whether in the course of her planned evening or even with a detour to Saraland, the Shell station on Government Blvd doesn't make sense. It's out of the way either way.

2. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

And JDT's story has changed multiple times - while I was VI and after. If car #3 had other occupants, I definitely don't know who they were and haven't seen a statement from or reference to them.

I know - from what I was told as VI - that LE has a LOT on this case; I just hope they have enough to debunk their current "accident" theory and build a case...or to prove it to anyone, like myself, who may not believe it was an accident.

texasbean, afitzy, MzAlexis and 13 others like this.
  3. sandy11382

sandy11382 Active Member

They have a lot yet they don't share ANYTHING, not about the occupants of car #3 - not even a screenshot of the surveillance video (the only screenshot we have isn't worth much, it's from twitter and not an official LE release.) How is anybody supposed to know who was in #3 car? and once again, IF it was an accident WHY won't they release the video? what is in the surveillance video that it was taken down?? I would go with the accident theory (that is the most probable scenario IMO) but the biggest problem is why was the video taken down and not shared with the public? even now after her body was found and they say it was an accident? what is stopping them from sharing it NOW?

ChiCubs2016, cedgison, Hraefn and 3 others like this.
  4. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

So he was even looking for it in the parking lot? That just makes it more suspicious. I guess DNV could have told him she thinks it fell out, but that is very different from misplacing it.

misgrn, StarEyes and Traymar like this.
  5. MorbidGateway

MorbidGateway Active Member

I'm saying it was an accident. At the very least I hope it was an accident since the other would be awful. Are they treating the case as a homicide? I haven't been able to keep up with all of you and some other stuff so I'm behind on this case.

amayla and Hraefn like this.
  6. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

Sorry - replied to wrong post.

MorbidGateway likes this.
  7. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

Very interesting. One of my theories involves her phone. Perhaps there was something on it that could cause major problems for someone. You can see that a lot of trouble was taken to recover the phone.

I don't know about you all, but I would not have gone about locating someone else's phone (friend or no) quite this way. Instead I'd suggest we get somewhere, make some phone calls, look online at carrier's website for possible ways to locate it, etc. On the other hand, if there was something on that phone that I didn't want getting out, well, I'd probably be a little more hands-on in locating it. Even to the point of physically searching a late-night bar parking lot...

All MOO.

8. Bryant_Denny

Bryant_Denny Well-Known Member

How do we know this person is a verified insider? Does this person care to elaborate who was heard on voicemail with DNV at 11:12pm looking for her phone since it couldn’t have been DW since he was not in car #3?

Traymar and 3dzer0 like this.
  9. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

Bryant_Denny - I'm not aware of this voicemail with DNV...? Interesting...

cedgison was the VI, has a couple posts on this page -

I'm glad to hear that LE apparently has lots on this case......I'd like the rumor it's being treated as a homicide to be validated

& yeah: I thought it very odd, too that DW was looking in the parking lot (ok, I find everything about DW 'odd' lol)....DNV may have said something to the effect that the parking lot was last place she remembered having it: maybe she set it on a car to dig through her purse for her keys, something like that
    But yeah: DW going all the way back (when he was supposed to be going home) to help DNV find her phone, scouring a dark parking lot of a bar late at night is, well: let's just say it seemed he had a vested interest in getting that phone found.....

10. Nerissa

cedgison - in what ways has JDT's story changed - ?
    I've listened to a podcast interview on youtube with her - other's might find it interesting....not sure if links to it are allowed: at any rate: just search using DNVs name & it'll come up....

Traymar, misgrn and 3dzer0 like this.
  11. Bryant_Denny

I agree with your thought on directions. As a local, it always baffled me why they would take the interstate state route to Shell. If they did head down Hillcrest and passed Ollie’s, they perhaps stopped by her apartment? Continued on Hillcrest and turned left on Cottage Hill and then to Lakeside. Was there a reason to stop by her apartment? Wasn’t there reportedly a large amount of cash she left behind? I am aware this part of the story regarding the exact amount of cash has since changed according to JDT. But this could be to protect the investigation, if it turns out to be related to drug activity.

My thought as the reason for them stopping at Shell is more in response to the story told by LE. Maybe she was aware they weren’t headed to Ollie’s and thought they were headed elsewhere. When he missed the turn, she flashed her lights signaling to pull over since she did not have her phone to call him.

Keyedin, RosalindaA, misgrn and 2 others like this.
  12. Bryant_Denny

MPD said during live video on FB that "Based on the clothing description we had at the time she went missing and some other things found at the scene, leads us with some certainty that it is Danniella Vian." They are still waiting on DNA results.

13. Bryant_Denny

Which is why I'm all lets start with the phone! I personally have no theory about this case other than this was not an accident that resulted in DNV driving herself into the Bayou. I am suspicious of ALL players mentioned on this thread and in various timelines. My suspicion of JDT was only raised following the video of the last Vigil held. After that I read comments from her on FB, listened to the Brainscratchers videos, and podcasts. While I can't pinpoint one exact person, nor is my goal to do so, I am only pointing out my observations and how they relate to the information given.

Here's the deal with the phone. If it turns out to be taken while at Dublin and possibly turned off, we have premeditation. Period. Unfortunately for us, we will never get that information from LE.

14. Bryant_Denny

Tbh, I am not trying to get at anything in particular, other than how the phone was lost. I have suspicions of JDT but she fits absolutely nowhere in this part of the story. From what we know, those 2 parties were the last seen with DNV at the time the phone became "lost." So yes, I feel that is an important piece to this puzzle. This potential act leaves her vulnerable at the time and unable to be traced in the future. Naturally, JMHO.

15. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately LE doesn't owe us anything. Yes you could argue the case that there's potentially a killer on the lose and the community deserves to know, but really it's just because we're all curious. It would be nice if they'd come forward and share all the info they have and evidence they have but really it's not something they are required to do. It's completely feasible that LE says this was an accident and that's all we hear. Especially if they think this was suicide then I believe they're even MORE tight lipped in those situations. I was following a case here not long ago and once LE decided it was suicide they basically said (this is not word-for-word) "we know what happened, we're finished with our investigation, we're not commenting on this case anymore" we only found out/assumed suicide because of that statement and other things read on social media.
    Also let's not forget we haven't heard case closed this was an accident. All anyone is saying is they are leaning towards this being an accident. Presumably that means they are still investigating, it's still an open case. So hopefully there is something on that surveillance footage, or other evidence, that they're still working on.
    As much as I would LOVE to see the video and as much as I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for LE to tell us anything, I know we gotta wait. If anything, that keeps my hopes up that something more is going to come of this, they're still working the case. If they were to just release everything then I'd think well that's that- they're finished, they've given up, they can't figure it out, or they've come to their conclusion and it's case closed-accident.

misgrn, RosalindaA, cedgison and 6 others like this.
  16. Alc123

Alc123 New Member

That dateline article I read said
    He said he went inside, found her phone, and then waited for her for about 20 minutes to see if she would show up. But she didn’t. So he got in his car and went to where the rest of the group was.
    Where was it posted that he was looking in a parking lot? It doesn’t even matter I guess but to me it’s another example of stories getting adlibbed so to speak so people’s facts are getting misconstrued. Honestly I’m so confused after reading fb pages and articles of what happened.

Also could they have decided to go downtown maybe from government and she took the connector from water street north to 65 and unless your paying super close attention you make that sharp left turn to go back to mobile or you go right towards scaryland. (Old joke in reference to Saraland)

17. 3dzer0

3dzer0 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that all of the information from the media has come from JDT sharing her few conversations with DW. DW has been completely silent with everyone, has never given an interview or participated in looking for Danniella.

JDT did say that DW gave a statement to LE but we are still going on JDTs word. She has not given me a reason to doubt what she has said but we really have no idea what DW said to JDT or LE first hand.

I just know for myself if I was the last person to be seen with someone and that I cared for or considered myself a friend, I would be out doing everything I could to find them and pleading with the press and LE to find answers. IMOO

*Edit
    Let me clarify that LE did release some information but it has been very little and nothing related to the events that led up to her disappearance.

misgrn, Traymar, rtothee and 4 others like this.
  18. Nerissa

At a certain point everything got crazy confusing - for instance: that DW went to Ollies after retrieving phone at Dublins: I really don't know that he did - there was conflicting information...at any rate, what I do recall is that IF he then went to Ollie's, no one else was there: ie, no other friends....

Yeah - what I understand to be the case is DW was looking for phone in parking lot, an employee was walking by and/or saw him searching & told him a phone had been turned in: so then he went inside & retrieved it. I'm kinda surprised the staff just gave him someone else's phone: of course, he could have lied & said it was his....? Anyway: that's how I understand it went down.

Yes: it's all incredibly frustrating not having verified facts, or at any rate: so few

misgrn, Traymar, Alc123 and 4 others like this.
  19. Nerissa

As pointed out, much of this timeline is from JDT - & it always bothered me that DW didn't give JDT the impression anything was amiss. He just said 'I have this girl's phone' - JDT says DNV frequently misplaced it or left phone behind coupled with DW's cavalier attitude she wasn't concerned at all.

If I were DW when I called JDT (which we all kinda wonder how he accessed phone & knew to call her - ? maybe a friend of DNV told him to call her, maybe DNV didn't have a passcode...)

anyway: I'd be like, DNV was supposed to meet me to get her phone, it was late: she never showed up: maybe it's nothing & she's fine, but please try to locate/contact her so we don't need to worry...etc.: something to that effect. But, at least according to JDT, he didn't say anything to that effect whatsoever.....plus he didn't take the phone to DNVs work: eh, really don't like any of it at all.....

20. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought that the reason DW and others from that night have been quiet is because LE asked them to keep a lid on it. JMO.