Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Alc123

Alc123 New Member

Agree with all of that!!

Nerissa likes this.
  2. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

Good point, Suglo. Also, one of my original gut feelings about DW was that he was afraid, freaked out, and therefore wished to distance himself

3. Nerissa

Bryant_Denny just saw your post from other thread about timelines @ phone calls....You know: I am not aware of these particulars...
    but if what you are relaying is accurate: that's kinda nuts that their phones are 'off' and cannot 'ping'......
    just adds to the hinkiness
    Sorry I cannot add more: I'd need more information.....

Bryant_Denny and Traymar like this.
  4. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

I’ve not been told who was on the voicemail. That’s one of the details LE is keeping close to the vest.

With regards to time stamps of the voicemail, I do not recall what those were. I had them written down at one point but, with me not being the VI anymore, I’d have to be able to back what I had up with LE/mainstream media statements and, as far as I know, there aren’t any of either. Some of the timelines have them, I think, though.

5. Nerissa

cedgison - what do you think happened - ? Do you have any coherent theory?

A coherent theory is what has eluded me this entire time....but you do know a bit more than the rest of us: so I'm curious as to what you think happened.....TIA

inmyhumbleopinion and Traymar like this.
  6. cedgison

I resigned from being the VI in November 2018 so, from that point to now, I haven’t had inside info. However, as far as what I think, I don’t believe it was an accident and, like many others, I have not questions now that her car has been found than I did before.

7. Nerissa

thanks cedgison - I'm with you there...this was no accident...

Gone Girl, Bluepalms and Traymar like this.
  8. Alethea

Alethea Well-Known Member

When are we going to get an update?

9. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

Seriously. 3 weeks after the car and body were discovered we only have speculation passed from anonymous sources. I know LE likes to keep silent to protect investigations, but these guys take it to an extreme.

GarAndTeed, afitzy, MFH and 9 others like this.
  10. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

And if I am remembering correctly, DNV and DW were FB friends. This was noticed before JDT commandeered DNV’s FB account and shut it down.

11. ChiCubs2016

Honestly the VI flipped flopped with saying it was DW and saying it was not DW. Not putting anyone down but there was a lot of conflicting information coming from JDT through the VI. It was a frustrating time.

mks762, Suglo and Bryant_Denny like this.
  12. ChiCubs2016

This is my thinking as well. Plus If you follow these cases long enough, you know people are harassed and get death threats! I remember @Alethea once said she would tell her client to zip it and not talk to anyone! I really believe this is the smartest thing to do. Even for an innocent person.

13. cedgison

It was frustrating for me, as well.

14. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

Shouldn't there be an official ID by now?

15. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

The most recent news stories when you search DNV:
    May 2nd-3rd car is found
    May 5th we get JTD's interview
    May 10th Vigil for DNV
    May 14th LE says it was likely an accident
    The end
    Nothing else
    What is going on here?????????
    How are her friends and "family" not raising hell everywhere?! I mean maybe they are but I'm not seeing much evidence of that, not even on social media. If this were my best friend, daughter, or """""daughter-in-law""""" that I was soooo close with I would be at the police station every ~expletive~ day demanding answers! This is just infuriating. Give us something PLEASE!

Disclaimer: I know we don't know what's going on behind the scenes all this could very well be taking place, I'm just super frustrated.

16. Bryant_Denny

Bryant_Denny Well-Known Member

After scouring for confirmation as to if her case was still being investigated as a homicide

5/14/19
    “The incident is still under investigation and a homicide has not been completely ruled out yet, said Chief Battiste.”

Reasoning behind the statement/interview by the MPD chief

“The reason MPD decided to make the announcement was because of community fears that a dangerous person may still be on the loose.”

Accident suspected as cause of death of body found in Danniella Vian’s car

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  17. Nerissa

With the timeline we have there is no way IMO that this was an accident...
    If LE were to determine so: then they would have a very different timeline that would include who the occupants of car #3 were, why DNV hung out at the station so long with them versus going to Dublins to get her phone, & where they were supposed to be headed that ended up with DNV 'accidentally' going into the water....
    & if that IS the case: they better share that information......otherwise: I expect this case to not be closed

3dzer0, afitzy, angelainwi and 5 others like this.
  18. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

RSBM

You are right that LE doesn't have to tell us anything, especially in regard to an active investigation. However, I can't agree that we are all just curious. For myself, I can tell you that I have absolutely no interest in learning juicy details about a perp, victim, celebrity, best friend, acquaintance, ex, etc. I'm the least nosy person you'll ever meet in your life.

However. The police department and indeed all public officials work for me (and you). They serve the public. Paid and supported by the taxpayers. They are given a large amount of power and authority - by consent of the society or community they serve. They are accountable to us just as we are accountable to the organizations for whom we work.

I understand that they are the experts, that certain things must be confidential. But no LE organization has the right to operate in complete secrecy.

If (when) LE are allowed to withhold information, indiscriminately and indefinitely, from the people they serve, they will then have the ability to deny the civil rights of those same people with impunity and without examination.

LE agencies must treat all citizens with respect - to include having and showing enough respect for the citizens and community they serve to provide them with regular and meaningful communication by which the people may judge their fidelity and effectiveness and from which the people may gain a feeling of security and confidence.

Where the privacy of innocent people is not violated and the integrity of an investigation is not compromised, the public ought by rights be allowed to examine those events that affect the community and its citizens, along with the attendant actions of the law enforcement agencies tasked with serving that community.

To do otherwise is to show contempt for the people and communities they were sworn to serve and protect, which is in my mind unacceptable. And remember: law enforcement is an arm of the government, in that its purpose is to uphold the law. But the US is, above all, a republic - our government exists BY CONSENT of the governed.

So it is not mere curiosity that drives me, but rather commitment to what I consider my public duty, along with compassion for a victim and fellow citizen who deserves justice if a crime has been committed (and a thorough investigation to determine whether one has).

Sorry for rambling. This is not really directed at you, mks762, but your mention of curiosity, etc. had me hopping on my soapbox before I had time to think twice about it. My irritation is solely with LE, not you, so I beg your forgiveness if it has seemed otherwise.

This is all MOO.

19. Bryant_Denny

Bryant_Denny Well-Known Member

Our LE on a state level is notorious for this culture of secrecy. But what makes this story worse is not only the lack of transparency, but redacted information from LE themselves. It is blatantly obvious they are protecting someone or something. Where is the media in all this? They’re privy to details in the case but won’t release that information? It’s like let’s just tease the community and our viewers and let them know we “know things” but are going to be just as shady and secretive as LE. Come on...get a backbone, do your job and report or STFU! I’m with you @Traymar and my level of frustration is just about to the max.

RELEASE THE DAMN CCTV, again!!

20. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

100% agree. Public agencies are required to make things public. The police are only allowed to keep things secret for the sole purpose of protecting an investigation. When we let them take this too far it creates opportunities for bad things to happen.