Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jul 21, 2018.

1. theides

theides Well-Known Member

Apparently there are flyers circulating around town that read "Justice For Danniella - This was no accident."

2. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

I believe signs have also been redone to say the same.

ETA - I'm trying to see if I can find a photo/video to screen shot.

3. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm wrong. I know signs were changed to say Justice for Danniella (one posted publicly by Cassie Fambro is attached); I thought I saw a photo/video of one that said it wasn't an accident, as well, but I can't find it now.

Also attached is a flyer that Danniella's friend Shanna publicly posted that does have both "Justice for Danniella" and "This was no accident", though it's probably not the same flyer @theides was referencing.

Attached Files:

MzAlexis, GarAndTeed, Traymar and 7 others like this.
  4. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Absolutely with you 100% on this statement. IMO the Press in this case has been about as poor and ineffective as I have EVER seen in many years following cases. At this point I truly believe that there does not exist a single investigative journalist in Mobile or within 100 miles of Mobile for that matter! The coverage has been weak and inconsistent. The lack of investigation into the people surrounding DNV, DNV herself and her life and simply taking the word of the 'Mobile Family' has been something that I can't recall ever happening in a case that was being investigated as a homicide. To see the so-called 'journalists' on FB chatting away in various groups that have zero integrity IMO themselves was something that made zero sense to me from Day 1 and these same 'journalists' have been on WS following along too. They seemed more interested in gossip on FB rather than doing their jobs and investigating and bring the facts to the public. All this from the 'journalists' was probably one of the most unprofessional displays I've ever seen on a missing/homicide case. I know things are rough in the TV and print media worlds now but substantive covered seemed non-existent and seemed to be totally reactive and driven by MPD rather than independant thought and logic.

From the second the Shell CCTV was pulled we have heard nothing of substance from MPD, the Chief of MPD or the local press. Zero. I've always wondered why and I still wonder why?! Is someone being protected and if so who and why? Someone local on here has been defending the Chief and I have to sit back and ask the simple question, How can someone whose department has been behind the ball at every twist and turn of this case be defended? Maybe they are playing a long game but next to nothing about the public statements from MPD Chief since the DNV car was found makes much sense IMO?

5. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

After all this time and everything that has happened, its really really hard to actually believe and trust the MPD. Curious that the one sign you posted refers people to call the MPD. What if the MPD is the PROBLEM and NOT THE SOLUTION?

6. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Sadly the public has seen zero from MPD to think for a second that they have anything solid on this case. We have no person/people of interest, no suspects, and no cleared Mobile "family" members. Mmmmmm. What exactly has MPD been doing since last July? From where we are now sitting it appears that from the day the Chief said, "...MPD was out of leads" at the last press conference he might have just been telling the truth that they had no leads and no clue what was going on. It was also clear IMO that MPD wasn't in control of much having to do with evidence surrounding DNV personal life either. The ransacking of the apartment by the Mobile 'family' and the subsequent 'takeover' of DNV social media would never have been permitted by most major city police departments. If there was ever the need for a missing persons advocate IMO it would be in this case for DNV and for her daughter. In the few press conferences given on this case there always seemed to be a subtext that was unclear to me and I never was convinced that MPD or the Chief had much interest in finding DNV or solving this case. I hope that justice is served and that a timeline for the last hours/days of DNV life is eventually proven by MPD for the daughter left behind. But based on what we have all seen so far I am very sadly not optimistic this will ever come to pass in Mobile. I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  7. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Yes, DW and DNV had allegedly known each other for a few years and he had followed her to the various restaurants where she worked. IMO DW was not just some 'random' person with DNV the night she disappeared even though the commentary from JDT and crew made it seem that this was the case.

StarEyes, Traymar, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  8. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Has anyone local heard anything new in terms of statements from MPD on the case? One of the local papers is behind a paywall but their article are searchable on google and I haven't seen anything new which seems odd to say the least!

inmyhumbleopinion and missingm like this.
  9. Bryant_Denny

Bryant_Denny Well-Known Member

I’m really starting to consider the possibility that her car may not have been submerged that night. The sketchiness with the window down...for 9 mths and her still being inside?
    Playing devils advocate here, let’s say maybe she did try to “escape” out the back. Here’s the flaws in that theory—first she would’ve tried the front window, because after all she was in the drivers seat. Makes no sense drivers window was up. So maybe she couldn’t get it down and went to the back? There is no possible way I’d go for the seat or window directly behind the drivers side, I’d go diagonal for the other seat. I assume most would also.

Funny thing is, LE has made absolutely NO statement regarding this window being down, or the damage to the front of the vehicle. What if this was done after the car was pulled?

Looking back at PC by MPD, they really had no friggin clue about this case. Chief was making pleas for her to come home, that she had an infant son....surely at this point he should’ve known that she gave the child up for adoption at birth. So why say something so cruel?? Leads me to believe he didn’t know nearly what he should’ve known at this point in the investigation. @afitzy I’m beginning to pick up on the sloppiness and lack of interest by LE with this case, and frankly it’s a damn shame.

What are we going to do to get justice for Danniella, CT, and her son?!! Hire a PI? I’d donate to funding in a heartbeat!

Gone Girl, MzAlexis, Traymar and 4 others like this.
  10. Bryant_Denny

Not a damn word

11. aust amateur slueth

aust amateur slueth Well-Known Member

Son? Danniella had a daughter who was being raised by the grandmother, but if I recall correctly Danniella was planning on getting custody of her daughter.

12. Bryant_Denny

6 weeks prior to her disappearance she gave birth to a baby boy. The infant was handed over to the adoptive parents immediately. They were present for his birth.

ETA: The adoption process began long before he was born.

13. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I didn't know that

Traymar likes this.
  14. theides

theides Well-Known Member

And at the time of her disappearance it's been stated that she was still suffering complications from the birth.

misgrn, kelsie, Curious Guy and 2 others like this.
  15. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

The damage to the front of the vehicle was addressed by MSM in comments under the original news post on Facebook and linked in the last thread. She said it was damaged during the recovery.

It is not unusual for a body to still be in a submerged vehicle 9 months later - it is held together with adipocere and possibly a seat belt. Where else would it have gone?

More curious is the lack of breaks or other obvious attempts to kick out the windshield.

16. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Things with the press IMO weren't right from the minute the Shell CCTV was pulled allegedly by MPD. We never got a reason for the CCTV pull so far as I know.

You caught one of the Chiefs many blunders in that press conference about the 'son'. He made this blunder long before the birth was well known as I don't believe any of the crackerjack local press ever reported on the second child birth (but I might be wrong). Those of us that had been following knew that the second child existed quite early in the process despite the ongoing denials or confirmation by JDT or TT. JDT danced around this second child issue for a very long time and then tried to come up with a fantasy island like response about the situation to the effect that DNV wanted the child to have a loving family and she wanted to do the best for the child and that TT was ok with it (this was later denied by TT to my knowledge).

The other major issue with MPD (there are many) is that they had the option to call in the Special Crimes group from the State and they declined to do so. Most departments want to make use of the resources of the State and also get additional case resources. So many emails were sent and even Tweets asking for additional State support and asking MPD why they didn't seek assistance. Being of a somewhat suspicious nature myself and after our WS discussion of justice in Mobile only being for "Old Mobile" folks, I thought that that time was when the Chief just started paying lipservice to the case and not putting resources on the case. The Chiefs early chatter also seemed to allude to a voluntary disappearance which never seemed to add up for a young mother with a visitation schedule and tough work schedule IMO. Few things add up IMO in this case and the Chiefs commentary is just one in a very long line of issues I have with how this case has been handled based on the very limited info we have as outsiders. I am absolutely NOT convinved based on what we have heard from MPD that there has been justice for DNV OR CT.

What is also quite interesting is that the other female/MK with DNV the night she disappeared gave birth within a day or so of DNV (think this other person had a girl). While the people with DNV the night she disappeared were longstanding friends of RC they were not as well known to DNV (with exception of DW who was well known). DNV was younger than they all were and so was at a different point in her life. But I always wondered why she was with the people she was with the night she went missing? Where were her friends? Where were her co-worders?

IMO JDT was not really part of DNV's life at the point the second child was born other than regarding logistics for CT visits and financial arrangements for CT. What always surprised me was that of the Mobile 'family' the only one that really worked was DNV and she appeared to work around the clock (Mr JDT was retired and JDT never worked and TT was in/out of jail and rehab so unemployable by all accounts IMO). IMO she probably supported herself and CT and the rest of the clan who looked to survive on CT social security and Mr JDT retirement income. When the issue of motive is explored IMO its hard to discount the issue of CT permanent custody but I've always wondered why the Mobile 'family' would do away with the only breadwinner in the group? The only thing I can come up with is the DNV was getting it together and planned to move away with CT. Pure speculation but motive has always been tricky in this case IMO. Any other ideas on motive? I'm open!

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  17. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

So so disappointing but totally par for the course from this local media crew. Pathetic IMO that major media is local on the ground and doing zero. Its almost as if the MPD issued some kind of gag order to the press. Someone local told me early on that justice in Mobile is based on whether you are 'Old Mobile' or not. I found that hard to swallow in this day and age but perhaps its the way of Mobile. Curious what any locals think on this topic as we discussed this endlessly in one of the early threads. Discussions of race, class and wealth are always tricky ones to discuss online but I really wonder how much of justice is determined by these factors in Mobile?

18. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I guess I'm still curious about the timeline to know the impact of the alcohol intake. If she had been drinking without eating in the privious 3-4 hrs, do you think she would have physically been able to kick out a window?

inmyhumbleopinion, misgrn and Vail like this.
  19. Xina_Marie

Xina_Marie Well-Known Member

I need to talk to my father who still lives in Mobile about his impressions of Old Mobile and whether justice is different for them or not. I am not Old Mobile, but I did travel in those circles a bit. When people keep bringing it up in this thread I kept thinking that I would be surprised if a black police chief is willing to risk his reputation and career on covering up for a bunch of rich white entitled types. Maybe in the past they could get away with it with a good old boy police chief, but the racial makeup of Mobile is changing. Where I think an Old Mobile person would have a better chance of having things swept under the rug is on the jurisprudence side of things. A lot of lawyers and judges went to the same schools and marry into each others' families and socialize with each other and live in the same neighborhoods. That's just my knee-jerk reaction. I have a lot of observations on race relations and class in Mobile, but I am not interested in starting in on any potentially contentious "discussions." My father is a life long Mobile County resident and also rubbed elbows with Old Mobile during his formative years, so I'll check in with you after I have talked to him and relay his impressions FWIW.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  20. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Thank you for doing this to provide some insight into Mobile. From the time the Shell CCTV was pulled (allegedly by MPD) I have had the feeling in the pit of my stomach that things are just done differently in Mobile. Maybe the Chief is playing some long game that is unlike what we see in other parts of the country. But from the Chiefs first press conference I was never fully convinced that MPD was treating the case as a true missing case. I also wasn't convinced based on the limited commentary from MPD and the Chief that the case was being treated as a criminal investigation either which made things quite confusing. So much of the confusion in my mind goes back to the pulling of the CCTV at the Shell. Why do that if not to protect someone? Who was being protected?

IMO we haven't seen MPD seem to care too much about DNV, her social media or her personal effects as we saw clearly how the personal belongings, cash and social media were quickly taken over by Mobile 'family' with zero done by MPD to stop any of this happening. Didn't these items contain evidence? Shouldn't the MPD and District Atty. secured what assets/cash DNV had for CT? Instead the apt. was looted and the cash found went from being 'alot of cash' to 'maybe 60$ and we used it to take CT for ice cream'?! What happened to searching for and protecting evidence MPD? Didn't see too much of either of these from MPD IMO. In other cities in the US none of this would have been allowed to happen given that the people involved were truly not 'blood kin' by any twisted definition IMO.

In so many missing cases it become clear that LE has a tight bond to the person that they are searching for to the point where the case almost become personal. This emotion comes through in the press conferences and is hard to hide. I never got the sense that MPD either devoted the resources or frankly cared too much for DNV to be found and no emotion or caring seemed to be in evidence at any of the PC's that I watched.

The communication and actions from the department was unlike any other missing case I have followed and to me at least the process followed in this case was upsetting and baffling to watch. People local to the case have spoken highly of the Chief and I totally respect their views as they have seen him operating over a long period of time.

Unless something major related to the case is continuing to be investigated currently (which I personally doubt given how lost the Chief appeared when speaking to the press when the car was pulled from the water-MOO BTW) which would stop anyone from LE from speaking, I sadly don't think justice will ever be served for DNV or CT. It makes me hugely sad to say this after all this time but so many questions remain unanswered and MPD seems to be making zero effort to provide peace of mind to a young child who will grow up and sadly only know that her mother was found in her car buried under many feet of water. I am also disappointed that none of the local press are asking hard questions about the handling of this case. Its also odd that no local politician so far as I can tell has ever asked any questions about the case publicly either. In so many other cases, we see mayors and local representatives involved and speaking out and asking questions. In this case we saw zero from local govt and to me at least that had me scratching my head asking the old 'why' question! I'm still baffled.

misgrn, GarAndTeed, Vail and 4 others like this.