AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
"The case of missing woman Danniella Vian, 23, has been handed over to homicide detectives, according to a Mobile Police Department spokesperson.
However, those working the case say that there is no information suggesting that Vian has been killed."

Missing Mobile woman's case handed to homicide detectives

Okay? So, why hand it over to them then?

"The case of missing woman Danniella Vian, 23, has been handed over to homicide detectives, according to a Mobile Police Department spokesperson.
However, those working the case say that there is no information suggesting that Vian has been killed."

I‘ve heard of cases where homicide detectives join the search but a missing person case to be handed over to them? Maybe they found evidence suggesting she may have been murdered?

So her phone was left at a bar

so her phone was left at a bar and the police now have the phone from what I’ve seen posted. I would assume handed over to homicide due to the car having the GPS disabled and her just recently getting the vehicle. Also her pics look like she was a pretty involved mom so maybe it’s uncharacteristic to not pick up her child?

I believe they are holding a candle light vigil tomorrow evening at a local park. No word on any potential searches for her or any other news. Unfortunately Mobile has quite a few missing people for a city of its size and it’s always seemed to me that the police generally take a “we will handle it when a body turns up” attitude.

I know Zach Belle turned up not very far from his home recently after being missing for quite sometime. Tamborah Brown has never been found and most people locally have never even heard his name. Brittany Woods still never found, Charles Bubba Jackson. I could go on and on but there’s to many to list and so many not actively listed here. It’s so unfortunate that more can’t be done to help find them.

I believe they are holding a candle light vigil tomorrow evening at a local park. No word on any potential searches for her or any other news. Unfortunately Mobile has quite a few missing people for a city of its size and it’s always seemed to me that the police generally take a “we will handle it when a body turns up” attitude.

How sad that is.

That area does not appear to be residential. Looks like a FedEx shipping yard and businesses, water and woods. Why would she be there?

Google Maps

According to Google there is a Mellow Mushroom about 10 minutes from there and I’m assuming that’s where she worked since she had on Mellow Mushroom hat and shirt. I don’t recall reading where she worked or if they knew where she’d been earlier in day. Also if the car she was seen in was hers or not. But let’s just assume for a minute she was at work and the car was not hers since there isn’t anything to published saying they found her car. Perhaps someone gave her a ride part of the way home from work and dropped her off. Google walking directions show 3500 Goverment Blvd to be at a Shell gas station which might make sense as a place to wait for someone else to pick her up. Or maybe they stopped to get gas and she disappeared from there. Although to be honest these scenarios seem like something LE would release. I’m just grasping at straws. I am just hoping to keep her at top of WS in hopes more of the real sleuths will join in. There is so little info on this case it’s hard to see how anyone could help find her.
(Tried to insert screenshot of google map but can’t for some reason.)

There is an article I read earlier I will attempt to find and link. It said she was following a friend and she flashed her lights at him, she pulled up advised she had lost her phone and was pulling into the gas station to look for it. I don’t recall if he looked with her or not.

Prayer vigil for missing Mobile woman Friday night

[...]

Family members say Vian went to The Dublin Pub & Eatery on Old Shell Road the evening of July 17th.

They say she left there with a friend in separate cars to go to another establishment, and, along the way, flashed her lights when she realized she didn't have her cell phone.

Family members say she pulled over with her friend at a Shell station on Government near I-65 to look for the phone, couldn't find it, then decided to go back to Dublin's to search for it.

Family members say the friend said Vian got in her car, and that was the last he saw of her.

[...]

I read right past the info that she was out celebrating by having drinks with friends. My sleuthing skills are so far below the average here on websleuths which is why I usually just follow along but since there was not much activity here I thought I’d give it a try. <blush> So sad to think a missing phone may have been what put her in dangers way if this is an abduction or homicide.

Having worked in food service I can’t imagine ANY reason you’d wear your work uniform if you weren’t working!

I didn't think she worked at Mellow Mushroom. Was that stated somewhere? I thought the media said she was wearing a MM shirt. And a hat. Not that it was a MM hat specifically. It wouldn't be strange for her to have on an MM shirt - they're sold to anyone and people buy and wear them. And she may have just been wearing a cute baseball cap.

From browsing her FB linked above, it looks like she works at P.F. Chang's and possibly Ollie's. I see no mention of her working at MM, but maybe I missed something in one of the articles.

MOO, as always.

I didn't think she worked at Mellow Mushroom. Was that stated somewhere? I thought the media said she was wearing a MM shirt. And a hat. Not that it was a MM hat specifically. It wouldn't be strange for her to have on an MM shirt - they're sold to anyone and people buy and wear them. And she may have just been wearing a cute baseball cap.

From browsing her FB linked above, it looks like she works at P.F. Chang's and possibly Ollie's. I see no mention of her working at MM, but maybe I missed something in one of the articles.

MOO, as always.
Great catch. I see in this article she formerly worked there. Homicide detectives take over case of missing Mobile woman
In Mobile amongst a certain group and scene of people there are certain places you work that is a good representation of your lifestyle and friends etc. So Mellow Mushroom for example the one in Midtosn on Airport primarily employs a bunch of artsy hipster types. So even after being employed and no longer working there they still continue to wear the clothes plus it’s a good way to look more like a local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail