AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the site of the Dykes house last week one of the local reporters complained that they didn't get access to the crime scene area but a TV show called The First 48 did get access. Has anyone heard whether The First 48 is following the DV case to conclusion and that is why there is a blackout on updates? This show has had some issues in the past with access issues and local press so I'm curious if this might be driving the lack of information on DV case and the Chief's far from informative PC a couple of weeks ago.

Trying also to understand why the local press seems to be doing zero to interview close friends of DV and why the comments made by the Thomas family are being taken at face value with no inquiry that press typically does. Even with the Jason Dykes story there was next to no backstory provided by the local press. Its been so frustrating in this case to see nothing in the way of investigative journalism from the local press group. I don't know why this is the case. Can anyone local comment if this is just the way things are in Mobile or is what we are seeing different for whatever reason?
Here is link to info on The First 48 for anyone not familiar with this show on A&E network:
The First 48 (TV Series 2004– ) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

My opinion on the first 48 is that they do film in Mobile.. I believe they probably film snippets throughout an investigation and just piece them together when it all comes together. So I think it’s probably not abnormal in Mobile (especially because it’s a high crime city)

My opinion on the first 48 is that they do film in Mobile.. I believe they probably film snippets throughout an investigation and just piece them together when it all comes together. So I think it’s probably not abnormal in Mobile (especially because it’s a high crime city)
But I wonder if that is the reason the CCTV from Shell was pulled or is there a deeper darker reason it was pulled. IDK.

Makes sense. But it would be interesting if their main focus were on DV case. Maybe this is why the rest of the local press is doing next to nothing on the case. They could simply be annoyed about the preferential access that the TV show gets. Sad as that attitude is hurting the case in a major way if its true IMO.

Makes sense. But it would be interesting if their main focus were on DV case. Maybe this is why the rest of the local press is doing next to nothing on the case. They could simply be annoyed about the preferential access that the TV show gets. Sad as that attitude is hurting the case in a major way if its true IMO.
Didn’t First 48 do a missing persons season or two? Maybe they’re doing that again?

Hey Everyone,

I will close this thread in moment and send you to a brand new thread.

Hang tight I will be right back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member