Found Alive AL - Evelyn Vadie Sides, 4, Auburn, 25 Mar 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Mar 25, 2020.

1. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think he said they used several canine units. No word that they picked up a trail, though.

I think that report about them not being near the home is not accurate. At first they said they were out walking near the residence. Maybe the backyard leads to the woods and the creek.

I hope she didn't fall into the water and the dog jumped in after her.

Imo

2. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

MISSING girl from ‘well-known’ family was in backyard when she vanished with dog, sheriff says [Update]
    ETA:
    by Leigh Egan
    March 26, 2020
    “Alabama authorities continue to search for a 4-year-old girl who disappeared Wednesday while reportedly walking her dog.

According to Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones, Evelyn ‘Vadie’ Sides was with a caregiver described as a ‘longtime friend of the family’ when she disappeared from the 5000 block of Lee Road 66 in Loachapoka, at around 2:40 p.m. Wednesday.

‘They had gone off into the backyard of the residence located off of Lee Road 66 here, northwest of Loachapoka. They were just walking around in the backyard of the residence, and bear in mind this is a rural area. The homes are pretty far apart and sparsely populated.’

The caregiver told authorities that when she looked up, Vadie had disappeared from sight. After a brief search of the area, the caregiver contacted 911.

[SBM]”

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

MISSING girl from ‘well-known’ family was in backyard when she vanished with dog, sheriff says [Update]
    Alabama authorities continue to search for a 4-year-old girl who disappeared Wednesday while reportedly walking her dog.

According to Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones, Evelyn “Vadie” Sides was with a caregiver described as a “longtime friend of the family” when she disappeared from the 5000 block of Lee Road 66 in Loachapoka, at around 2:40 p.m. Wednesday.

“They had gone off into the backyard of the residence located off of Lee Road 66 here, northwest of Loachapoka. They were just walking around in the backyard of the residence, and bear in mind this is a rural area. The homes are pretty far apart and sparsely populated.”
    The caregiver told authorities that when she looked up, Vadie had disappeared from sight. After a brief search of the area, the caregiver contacted 911.

4. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

The 5000 block of Lee Rd. CO 66 is up the road from that intersection just before the road becomes an unpaved road as I noted from a Google street walk. I wonder if that child just decided to go home and took off and got lost. It seems to be to far for her to walk but she probably did not have a sense of distance at her age.

5. GordianKnot

GordianKnot New(ish) Member

Whose home is it she went missing from?

Her family's, or the caregiver's, i.e., did her family drop her off at the caregiver's house, or did the caregiver come over to theirs to watch her?

Hopefully, the home itself has been thoroughly searched by LE at this point.

JMO.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  6. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

What time was LE called to report her missing?

7. Rosiebones

8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

9. inmyhumbleopinion

“Lee County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Andrew Peacock said Evelyn was under supervision and walking her dog when she ‘essentially just disappeared.’ He said few details can be released at this time, but said Evelyn was at a location with which she was familiar though it was not near her home.” (BBM)
    Helicopters, drones aid in search for girl who vanished while walking dog

So either the caregiver’s, or yet another third party, IMO.

10. 8countlife

8countlife Well-Known Member

I want to know what ‘well known’ implies. As in LE Knows this family well because of a criminal history or ‘well known’ as is someone outstanding in the community?

11. GrilledCheezy

GrilledCheezy Creepin' on the interwebs

12. GordianKnot

Having meandered a bit around SM, it appears that the family is well known d/t community involvement and/or employment, not because of any criminal history.

JMO.

TimesEight, kimpage, Arkark and 28 others like this.
  13. inmyhumbleopinion

Agree.

14. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Deputies searching for missing 4-year-old girl in Alabama

March 26, 2020, 1:49 PM EDT
    By David K. Li

Sheriff's deputies continued to scour rural plains in Alabama on Thursday, searching for a 4-year-old girl who went missing with her dog, authorities said.

[​IMG]
    Evelyn Vadie Sides, age 4.Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
    Lee County Sheriff deputies, a helicopter, dogs and volunteer firefighters concentrated their search for Evelyn Vadie Sides near Lee Road 66 north of Lee Road 65, officials said.

15. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Timeline:

March 25, 2020
    2:45 pm - reported missing (with a dog) by caregiver near Lee Road 66 north of Lee Road 65. Deputies, dogs, firefighters, drones
    ------------
    not much to go on so far IMO

16. GordianKnot

I wonder if canines were able to pick up EVS's scent and if so, how far they were able to track her before they lost her scent?

Again, I'm concerned that searchers haven't heard any sounds of a child calling out or a dog howling/barking.

The fact that searchers haven't heard either her or the dog is even more concerning to me than the fact that they haven't been spotted yet.

Unfortunately, that does NOT look like an area that's likely to have many, if any, cameras around to catch any vehicles that may have been passing by at the time she went missing, caught images of her and/or the dog outside wandering, etc.

JMO.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  17. inmyhumbleopinion

I am afraid she fell into the creek :(.

The sheriff talks about utilizing marine assets and having people in kayaks checking the creek (around 1:37).

I know I can’t lose hope, though.

18. inmyhumbleopinion

Hannah Lester | Reporter Opelika-Auburn Newshlester@oanow.com
    Updated 11 min ago
    Updated Thursday, March 26, 1:20 p.m.
    “The search continues in and around Loachapoka for missing four-year-old Vadie Sides.

Searches began yesterday and continued throughout the night, said Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones. Hundreds of volunteers have been on foot, ATV, helicopter and horseback last night and today.

‘We’re continuing search efforts in earnest, of course,’ Jones said. ‘We’ve got multiple K-9 units from literally all over the state that are here to assist. And they’re all in the process of forming or are deployed.’

The volunteers have come from agencies across the county and state, he said.

‘We’re basically doing everything we can to check every square foot of this area out here and so far, our efforts have not resulted in any success,’ Jones said.

[SBM]

Officers have begun searching nearby bodies of water for signs of Sides, he said.

We do have dive teams and water rescue personnel actively involved in the search,” Jones said.

[SBM]” (BBM)
    UPDATE: Search continues for missing Loachapoka toddler | Crime & Courts | oanow.com

19. Rosiebones

I hope they are checking well openings and septic openings since it is so rural, there are likely no municipal services.

20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I'm afraid she fell into the creek, too. That would explain how quickly she and the dog disappeared, and why there hasn't been any sign of either one. I wonder how fast the current is and how deep the water is in that area.

I hope it's not the case and that she is just lost or hurt and the dog won't leave her side. But how far could she have gotten? Wouldn't the dog be barking like crazy?

The more time that goes by, the more worrisome.

Imo