AL - Five people, ages 22-35, slain at Citronelle home, 20 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

perfectingpink

Reaction score
5 victims at 'gruesome' Citronelle homicide scene; suspect in custody

Authorities on Saturday afternoon found five adult homicide victims in a residence on Jim Platt Road in Citronelle, in rural Mobile County. One of them was five months pregnant, according to Capt. Paul Burch of the Mobile County Sheriff's Office.

In custody is Derrick Dearmann, who turned himself in to authorities across the state line, in Greene County, Mississippi, Burch said. He will be charged with six counts of capital murder -- counting the five adult victims and the unborn baby, Burch said

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/328049...investigation-mcso-says#.V7kBRKtjjrc.facebook

Rich said a female witness went to the Citronelle Police Department and reported the crimes. Rich also said an infant was recovered live.

So a witness and baby got out alive?!

This sounds like it's going to be horrific when the details all come out.

[video=youtube;YSgu2PiWIHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSgu2PiWIHU[/video]

Jeez. It's 5am and I can't sleep. I guess I'm not going back to sleep at all. What the hell? At least the infant is alive, but... I don't know what to say anymore. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

From http://www.fox10tv.com/story/328049...investigation-mcso-says#.V7kBRKtjjrc.facebook

"Around 4 p.m., authorities found five victims in a residence a few hundred yards in the woods off Jim Platt Road in Citronelle."

"Captain Burch explained that the victims made a 911 call between midnight and 1 a.m. to report Dearman trespassing. We're told Citronelle Police drove down the road to check, but did not find Dearman."

"Burch said Dearman already had a criminal history with an outstanding warrant for burglary."

Not sure what to make of these three statements in the article. The victims complained about him, the police came, didn't find him, and, then, he came back and killed them. The tragedy is even more compounded because they knew he was trying to get to them and the police knew he had an outstanding warrant. Why not search harder for him as he had a warrant? I am horrified.

From http://www.fox10tv.com/story/328049...investigation-mcso-says#.V7kBRKtjjrc.facebook

"Around 4 p.m., authorities found five victims in a residence a few hundred yards in the woods off Jim Platt Road in Citronelle."

"Captain Burch explained that the victims made a 911 call between midnight and 1 a.m. to report Dearman trespassing. We're told Citronelle Police drove down the road to check, but did not find Dearman."

"Burch said Dearman already had a criminal history with an outstanding warrant for burglary."

Not sure what to make of these two statements in the article. The victims complained about him, the police came, didn't find him, and, then, he came back and killed them. The tragedy is even more compounded because they knew he was trying to get to them and the police knew he had an outstanding warrant. Why not search harder for him as he had a warrant? I am horrified.

Same here. I can't even formulate a thought on this one. :(

The Mobile County Sheriff's Office has identified the victims in Saturday's quintuple murder in Citronelle.

The victims are Robert Lee Brown, 26; Chelsea Marie Reed, 22; Justin Kaleb Reed, 23; Joseph Adam Turner, 27; Shannon Melissa Randall, 36.

Chelsea Reed was five months pregnant when she was killed.

Police said that Dearman's girlfriend, Laneta Lester, fled to a relative's house Friday afternoon to escape Dearman, who she said was abusive. Dearman arrived at that home, on Jim Platt Road, around 1:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Police came to the home after someone inside the house said that Dearman was trespassing, but Dearman was gone when police arrived.

The suspect came back to the Citronelle home sometime between 1:15 a.m. and daylight, police said. He attacked and killed five victims while they were sleeping.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2016/08/citronelle_slaying_victims_ide.html

All so young :( I wonder how he managed to kill them all without any of them escaping?

This is awful. Reminds me of the Ohio family. :(

I hardly ever wish for death but in this case.. I am so disturbed.

I found the families online and the young couple are the cutest, baby on their way...
Lived with mommy and her hubby and mom's brother.
They were so cute... and new... and would have been such great parents.

<modsnip>

So, according to the timeline, police only searched for maybe 15 minutes? If they went out to the home at 1:00 am and they say the murders happened between 1:15 am and daylight... that's 15 minutes or less. That is horrible. Those poor victims.

"A woman who fled to her sister&#8217;s home to escape an abusive boyfriend awoke to find him slaughtering her sibling and four other people, Alabama authorities said Sunday.

After killing the five innocents, including a woman who was pregnant, Derrick Dearman kidnapped his ex, Laneta Lester, and a 3-month-old baby from the blood-drenched Citronelle home and drove them across the border into Mississippi to his father&#8217;s house, the Mobile County Sheriff&#8217;s office said."

http://nypost.com/2016/08/21/pregnant-woman-among-five-found-dead-in-horrific-scene/

Not sure what to make of these three statements in the article. The victims complained about him, the police came, didn't find him, and, then, he came back and killed them. The tragedy is even more compounded because they knew he was trying to get to them and the police knew he had an outstanding warrant. Why not search harder for him as he had a warrant? I am horrified.
SABBM

Agreed.
Surprising that no one was able to escape. Even if he shot them all--wouldn't someone have heard the noise, woken up -- and tried to get out through a window or something ?
What a horrific crime !

The victims have been identified as 26-year-old Robert Lee Brown, husband and wife Chelsea Marie Reed, 22, and Justin Kaleb Reed, 23, as well as their unborn son; and Joseph Adam Turner, 26 and his wife 35-year-old Shannon Melissa Randall.

Turner and Randall were the homeowners. The bodies of their relatives, Robert Lee Brown (Shannon Randall's brother); Chelsea Marie Reed (Shannon Randall's niece) and her husband, Justin Kaleb Reed (Shannon Randall's nephew by marriage) were also at the home on Jim Platt Road.

Authorities say following the murders, Dearman forced Lester and the infant of Turner and Randall into a vehicle and drove them to Mississippi to his father's home where he later released them. Officials say that while Lester was giving her account of what happened to authorities, Dearman, along with his father, walked into the Greene County Sheriff's office to turn himself in.

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/32807124/victims-all-related-in-citronelle-murder

I'm still unclear which one is Laneta's sister?

It's entirely possible that the living female witness (the perp's ex-GF who was staying there to escape him) and the baby were used as hostages to keep the rest of the household compliant. :(

So, according to the timeline, police only searched for maybe 15 minutes? If they went out to the home at 1:00 am and they say the murders happened between 1:15 am and daylight... that's 15 minutes or less. That is horrible. Those poor victims.

It sounds like he run away when police arrived and came back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back