GUILTY AL - Four Luong children thrown from Dauphin Island Bridge, Mobile County, 7 Jan 2008

MOBILE, Ala. - The unanimous recommendation by the jury on Friday in the Lam Luong capital murder trial was the death penalty. He's the man who threw his four children off the Dauphin Island Bridge over a year ago.

It took the jury just over 30 minutes to reach that decision.

"This is as far as I'm concerned the ultimate domestic violence crime," said Mobile County District Attorney, John Tyson Junior. "The jury has spoken and they've delivered an ultimate recommendation to the court."

Five counts of capital murder, and five unanimous recommendations of death. All the while, the man accused of tossing his four young children off the Dauphin Island bridge, was stone faced.

"Cold hearted, I guess," said the Uncle of the victims, Kam Phengsisomboum.

The jury deliberated for about 40 minutes on Friday, before recommending the death penalty for Lam Luong. The judge is not bound by the jury's decision. But the family is hoping he agrees with it.

"I want the judge to follow the jury," Phengsisomboum said.

Circuit Court Judge Charles Graddick praised the jury following their service, saying in all his years on the bench a case has never moved him the way this one did.

"I would agree with the judge it is a sad, sad case and it has been from the first moment we found out about it," Tyson said.

The judge will deliver a punishment on April 30th. But family members say they already feel some sense of closure.

"He got what he want, now he get what he deserves," Phengsisomboum said. "The family's happy with it."

The state is confident the judge will uphold the jury's recommendation of the death penalty.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/DeathRecommendedByUnamimousDecision

Rest In Peace.....Ryan Phan, Hannah Luong, Lindsey Luong and Danny Luong...:rose::rose::rose::rose:

Why isn't it okay to throw this guy off a bridge?

Really, why should we treat criminals humanely when they do such an inhumane thing, especially when it comes to children?!

The grandmother and aunt shared personal stories about the children.

Ryan loved Scooby Doo and music and told Grandma he loved her all the time.

Hannah liked to have her finger and toe nails painted and was a tattle tale. She used to walk around in mom's heels.

Lindsey liked to play by herself and always shared her food.

Danny was only 4 months old when he was killed. Everyone was still getting to know him.

http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/defense_asks_jurors_to_show_lam_luong_mercy/24648/

How Dare This Ask For Mercy!!! He Had No Mercy For Ryan, Hannah, Lindsey nor Danny.

ROT IN HELL

I remember when going on the volunteer searches for these babies. The family members would come up to us, hug us and tell us thank you for searching. Such sweet people. Such a tragedy.

I live in Mobile and we frequent the island quite a bit. Whenever we cross the bridge, I say a prayer for the children and their family.

What a monster! He is getting what he deserves. :furious:

Why isn't it okay to throw this guy off a bridge?

Really, why should we treat criminals humanely when they do such an inhumane thing, especially when it comes to children?!

Because we want to be different from people who do horrible things - at least I hope we do. Throw him off a bridge - and we're just like him - murderers cloaked in a different reason of why we murder.

Does anyone know the average time between sentencing and the execution in that state? Some states are slower to bring about the sentence and other's are faster. TIA.

Wow! I've never heard of a Judge doing this? Interesting. From the link that Amy shared with us:

Mobile County Circuit Judge Charles Graddick ordered that Luong be shown photographs of the four children every day on death row.

Kat, In Alabama it goes into automatic appeals, so it will be years before he mets his Maker. But maybe the mother of the children can somehow go on and try to live again.

:unksam:
Hello Group!

My name is Angie Cantrell and I am from the B'ham area. I am a member of the Alabama Association of Private Investigator's as well as the Walker County Rescue Squad in Jasper, AL.

Our Association will be hosting 3 Alabama stops for the "On The Road To Remember Tour" in August. Our Rescue Squad will be planning and assisting with the stop in the B'ham area. Our featured case will be Nadia Kersh.

We are attempting to contact as many family members, friends and supporters as we can to let them know about these events. I will post the information on the Alabama stops below. You can also go to the tour's main web site to find details for the other states they will be visiting this year.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/category/national-road-tour/

B'ham (Pelham actually)

Date: August 19th
Time: 12PM until
200 Terrace Drive
Pelham, AL. 35124
Featured Case: Nadia Kersh
Events will include: Hot Dog Cookout, Balloon Release, Candlelight Vigil and Dove Release (If allowed at location)
Coordinator: Angie Cantrell - Chris Cantrell
abcantrell@gmail.com

Montgomery

Date: August 19th
Time: 3PM - 7PM
335 Coosa Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
Coordinators: Scott Hadley - soctt351150@yahoo.com
Robert Johnson - knighthawk194@hotmail.com

Mobile

Date: August 24th
Time: 9AM until
2703 Battleship Parkway
Mobile, AL. 36602
Coordinator: Michelle Alfonso - michelle@baldwininvestigativegroup.com

Thank You for your support! Please feel free to contact any of the coordinators if you have any questions!

I don't know about the appeals system sometimes. It seems they'll grant a retrial easily enough if some t wasn't crossed or some i wasn't dotted, but people who produce new evidence pointing towards their innocence don't get heard at all.

Maybe I'm missing something but that strikes as me as the wrong way round.

appeal was granted only on basis that judge erred by not granting change of venue, evidence is still the same so outcome of next trial should be the same, this time he may plead guilty to avoid dp if state would agree

"The court’s decision said all 12 jurors who convicted Luong had heard of or read about the case. It took them only 40 minutes of deliberating to convict Luong in March 2009.

The appeals court ruled the trial judge also erred by refusing to grant Luong’s defense team $7,500 to travel to Vietnam to investigate his childhood and by allowing a videotape to be show to the jury in which a police investigator simulated the crime by tossing four sandbags off the bridge."

http://www.pnj.com/viewart/20130216...-thrown-out-2008-Dauphin-Island-Bridge-deaths

The man convicted of throwing his four children off the Dauphin Island Bridge will serve a life sentence without parole. Lam Luong was convicted on five counts of capital murder almost a decade ago and sentenced to death. He has been on death row in Holman Prison in Atmore.

Lam Luong to serve life sentence

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back